Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by OscaR View Post
    i believe minimal and minimum can be a little different. Hate it, dont' do it.
    I'll gladly stop doing them once there's any other way in the game to get extra loot rolls. I'm happy that they added a way for people to be rewarded for doing non-raid things. I'm not happy that they didn't give any other way to get those rolls than doing dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by Neowodahs View Post
    I guess 45 quests that I hate every week qualifies as "minimum" these days.
    Good Lord, 6-7 a day is such a horrifying prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by Neowodahs View Post
    I'll gladly stop doing them once there's any other way in the game to get extra loot rolls. I'm happy that they added a way for people to be rewarded for doing non-raid things. I'm not happy that they didn't give any other way to get those rolls than doing dailies.
    preferences i guess. I wouldn't play a game doing things I hate doing for 3 extra loot rolls.

Usually when people talk about how other people will just blindly repeat things that Blizzard says, I dismiss it because it's entirely possible that people really do feel that way about, you know, whatever they're talking about.

But to me, it was very plainly obvious that the OP was talking about the fact that in order to gear up his alts, he has to do dailies. He probably raids on his main. Sure, he could do a pug of MoV on normal, or maybe his guild has alt runs, but if he wants to gear up his alt to make it more powerful, considering it's an alt, he will probably have to do dailies. He says that he has to do dailies on his alt for this reason. He doesn't have to do dailies on his alt because dailies are a mandatory thing that he will just forcibly be doing when he logs onto his alt, they are the means to an end, an end which the OP wants to reach with his alt.

It's clear that this is the issue. It's very difficult to gear up an alt right now without grinding up reps through dailies. I'm attempting to gear up my shaman through LFR alone because I don't want to do dailies on my alts - I never have - and let me tell you, it's not working. If I want to gear up my shaman, I have to do dailies. I don't "have to" do dailies, of course. My shaman can just sit at 466 ilvl for the next forever until there is an alternate way for me to gear up without dailies, but the point of the OP is very clearly obvious.

So, bearing that in mind, these "dailies are optional guys cmon duh!" posts really do honestly seem like blindly repeating Blizzard blue posts. Gearing up alts is a different situation than gearing up your main. Most actual guilds that do actual raiding with actual progression don't just let their progression raiders just hop onto their undergeared newly 90 alts that they want to gear up during their progression runs.

Maybe it was clear to me because I'm facing the same issue. My shaman has been 90 for a month now. It took quite the amount of heroics, luck, and effort to get to 460 just so I could run MoV LFR and I'm having quite a bit of trouble getting past the next ilvl requirement for HoF LFR. I still run heroics and haven't been lucky enough to replace some of my worse pieces - I don't even have a second Mists-level trinket yet, let alone the fact that I'm sitting here with my 420 helmet and various JP 458 items. If I did dailies, I'd be set. I'd be doing all five LFRs on my shaman each week since two weeks ago. But I'm not, because I'm choosing not to do dailies on him. Which I can do, at the cost of gearing him up exceptionally slowly.

"Gearing up sucks I hate grinding on dailies"
    "Dailies are optional! Go do raiding or LFR"
    "I don't have access to the high end LFR modes and my normal raiding group isn't top tier"
    "More time in LFR and valor gear will fix that"
    The quotes are obviously what blues have said in response to common complaints about the problem. The first quote being CMs and the second quote from GC.

So we get circular logic. Awesome.

Jesus Christ if it wasn't for my friends that still play this game I could have just written this cavalcade of fucktardery and white knighting off already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Good thing dailies aren't the only way of getting gear.
    Yepp your correct good sir, you can grind out Heriocs & get iLvl 460 to get into Mogu'Shan LFR or Grab some PvP items, you will be weak as PvP power doesn't work outside BGs, but the Item Level will give you the boost if you need it.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Good Lord, 6-7 a day is such a horrifying prospect.
    I never said it was... Maybe, just maybe, it'd be nice to see another option added for them. It's hardly the end of the world if it isn't, but why is it so hard for you to see that some people would prefer that option? What exactly does it hurt to give me a playing option that I'd prefer?

I see this point made a lot of times that it isn't much work so just suck it up and do it. I do my dailies every week, I suck it up and get my extra loot rolls. But why exactly can't I have the option to grind something other than daily quests to get them?

Quote Originally Posted by errosync View Post
    You're considering quitting over something that has existed since day one, but is in a much better iteration than day one or even expansion one? I honestly have no words for this.

In short, some person on the internet bitching just to bitch. More news at 11.
    No, I am considering quitting because, IMO, this has to be the worst expansion today. And I see no evidence that this trend will reverse itself. There is so, so very little that I want to do in game that I am back to logging in for raids and that is it.

In short, some Blizzard sycophant coming here to denigrate anyone who has an opinion slightly different from their own.

If you can make it through re-doing the same quests, bgs, dungeons, and LFR raids that your main has run 100 times with your alt, then I don't see what the problem is.

Apart from gameplay, your alt is doing just about the same things your main has already done. So what's the problem?

Also, commendations make rep gains a breeze.