WW Weapon Enchants

Hello. I've been saving up for dancing steel for my monk's weapons, using windsong currently. But a fellow monk I know is insisting that, due to the way WW mechanics and stat priorities work, that windsong is actually superior in addition to being far cheaper. So I figured I'd get some other oppinions. Is he full of crap? Was he right before dancing steel was put on the RPPM system? Or is he right and I should save my money?

10+ Year Old Account
    From my reading it seems that WW has some very easily reach haste "caps" which means that part of Windsong would be wasted if you are already there. Mastery sounds very "meh" for WW so in the end you'd only really be getting use out of the Crit proc's. Based on that I would say Dancing Steel would be BiS (someone that MS Windwalker is free to correct me).
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

No. Dancing Steel is superior. Dancing Steel is 1650 agi vs Windsong's 1500 haste/crit/mastery. If it was 4000+ haste/crit/mastery the matter wouldn't have been as clear cut; but it isn't, and it is. Go ahead and spend your gold.

Ok thanks. My friend is usually pretty spot on about these things, having helped me get my rotation and reforges right for raid, but when he told me this I was skeptical so thought I'd come and check. Thanks for the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Lissa View Post
    No. Dancing Steel is superior. Dancing Steel is 1650 agi vs Windsong's 1500 haste/crit/mastery. If it was 4000+ haste/crit/mastery the matter wouldn't have been as clear cut; but it isn't, and it is. Go ahead and spend your gold.
    Yeah the decision between the two enchants is very clear, you're essentially choosing between secondary stats or a primary stat, of course primary is much better.
    Monk Guides/Tips & Fun unique videos check it out:
    YouTube.com/SmashUpGaming

15+ Year Old Account
    The reason that secondary stats have become more useful in gems is that they have double the "number budget" of primaries (eg you can have 160 agi gems, and 320 haste gems). Couple this with the fact that one point of a secondary stat like haste/crit for monks is worth more than half of one point of agi, and that's why secondary gems are coming out to be more effective.

At the same time, Agi is still the strongest stat. One full point of agi will always trump one full point of any other stat.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Depending on your gear level and wallet Windsong could be better yes, but ultimately double Dancing Steel is better.
    Noirluna the Immortal of Proudmoore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya View Post
    Depending on your gear level and wallet Windsong could be better yes, but ultimately double Dancing Steel is better.
    Secondary stat from Windsong as a Windwalker isn't better regardless of gear level - it is however cheaper so if its for a blue weapon then sure I wouldn't really see the point in using Dancing Steel on it unless you have an overflow of enchanting materials/cash as it is the better choice

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi87 View Post
    Secondary stat from Windsong as a Windwalker isn't better regardless of gear level - it is however cheaper so if its for a blue weapon then sure I wouldn't really see the point in using Dancing Steel on it unless you have an overflow of enchanting materials/cash as it is the better choice
    Yes I know its better, which is why I had the wallet part in there.
    Noirluna the Immortal of Proudmoore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya View Post
    Yes I know its better, which is why I had the wallet part in there.
    That's why its not 'better' just more economy friendly

Deleted
    as far as i know, dancing steel can just proc once at a time. if it procs while dancing steel is already up, it will reset the uptime, but it wont stack.
    GC said they will change that in the future, but i doubt they already did it.

thats why im using windsong atm

correct me if im wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Nightflare View Post
    as far as i know, dancing steel can just proc once at a time. if it procs while dancing steel is already up, it will reset the uptime, but it wont stack.
    GC said they will change that in the future, but i doubt they already did it.

thats why im using windsong atm

correct me if im wrong
    Yet they did the very same day, dual dancing steel procs stacks. Even though before that change dancing steel had a 70-90% uptime, beating the crap out of windsong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Photek View Post
    Yet they did the very same day, dual dancing steel procs stacks. Even though before that change dancing steel had a 70-90% uptime, beating the crap out of windsong.
    oh, good to know, thanks for that :P