Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinshroud View Post
    It CAN, but it DOESN'T.

    Complexity does not make a bot, nor does simplicity make it legal. What it DOES makes it legal. You can code AHK to press the button 1 every 2 seconds continuously in like 2 lines of code if you wish. Just because you can doesn't mean we do.
    And what if the next action of the sequence is triggered by another random interaction like moving the mouse ?

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Kane49 View Post
    You are using user input that is completely disjointed from the world of warcraft experience as a means to execute actions in game so you dont have to play the game on parts that you find tedious.
    Frequency of user interaction does not define a bot, people that use something like PQR for rotations are botters as well even though they mash a single button.
    Yes and PQR is a bot. It takes one key command and does multiple things. I'm sorry that you don't understand the difference but arguing about it will not change Blizzard's stance on it.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Kane49 View Post
    And what if the next action of the sequence is triggered by another random interaction like moving the mouse ?
    Well this script doesn't do that, so what's your point?

    Moderator and contributor for The Consortium, a legitimate gold making discussion community that is also the home base for the TradeSkillMaster addon, and The Undermine Journal and WoWuction Web Applications.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Kane49 View Post
    AHQ can easily execute sequences.

    The stance you guys are taking is that complexity makes a bot while mine is that something is not exempted from being against the tos because its simple.
    I don't know what AHQ is precisely, but the issue is that it's automating a series of events/sequences. Automation is where one manual keypress/input doesn't result in one ingame action (if one keypress caused a number of things/sequence to occur for example). AHK/CKS don't do they, they require one input to one in game action. The defining issue of whether something is a bot (and thus against the TOS) or not rests on whether it is automating things in game, not on how complex or simple the program used to run it is.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kane49 View Post
    You are using user input that is completely disjointed from the world of warcraft experience as a means to execute actions in game so you dont have to play the game on parts that you find tedious.
    A bot does not need to be unassisted by humans to be considered a bot, people that use something like PQR for rotations are botters as well.
    And again how is what is happening any different from multiboxing? If I'm playing 5 toons (which we know is ok) how am I not disjointed from the 4 that aren't on the game account that's in my current window? As long as each of their actions is the result of a keypress by myself (which I use a multiboxing program to route in to them in their own windows) then as far as Blizzard is concerned I am playing them and they are not automated.

    We have clearly stated Blizzard's definition of automation in this thread. I just had to google PQR and from what I can see again the reason it is a bot is because it is performing a complex sequence of multiple actions in response to a single input, again this is automation. At this point it sounds like you're arguing the point seeking to justify your own botting.
    Last edited by Windfury; 2012-12-08 at 09:10 AM.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinshroud View Post
    Well this script doesn't do that, so what's your point?
    First you say that complexity does not constitute a bot but when it is the bot you are using it suddenly is ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Yes and PQR is a bot. It takes one key command and does multiple things. I'm sorry that you don't understand the difference but arguing about it will not change Blizzard's stance on it.
    The difference is that you want there to be one so you can justify botting.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 10:09 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    I don't know what AHQ is precisely, but the issue is that it's automating a series of events/sequences. Automation is where one keypress doesn't result in one input (if one keypress caused a number of things/sequence to occur for example). AHK/CKS don't do they, they require one input to one in game action. They are much simpler than anything performing a sequence of events.

    And again how is what is happening any different from multiboxing? If I'm playing 5 toons (which we know is ok) how am I not disjointed from the 4 that aren't on the game account that's in my current window? As long as each of their actions is the result of a keypress by myself (which I use a multiboxing program to route in to them in their own windows) then as far as Blizzard is concerned I am playing them and they are not automated.

    We have clearly stated Blizzard's definition of automation in this thread. I just had to google PQR and from what I can see again the reason it is a bot is because it is performing a complex sequence of multiple actions in response to a single input, again this is automation. At this point it sounds like you're arguing the point seeking to justify your own botting.
    While i do bot on a few stray accounts i recognise that it is an unfair advantage, im violating the tos and i deserve everything thats coming to me as a reaction to that from blizzards side.
    Last edited by Kane49; 2012-12-08 at 09:10 AM.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Kane49 View Post
    The difference is that you want there to be one so you can justify botting.
    No Blizzard states there is a difference. Stating that every program that works with WoW must be a bot does not justify your use of one.

  7. #27
    sent ticket in game.

    Hello there, I would like to use a macro that sends a keystroke to WoW whenever I move my mouse, but wish to check whether it is ok first.

    It requires me to be at the computer, and each keystroke is the direct and immediate result of a human action, me moving my mouse (one-to-one). If I am not at the computer, nothing is sent.

    I am wondering if this is legal or if it will get me banned?

    Thanks for your time and for such a great game.

    It will really really help with truckloads of prospecting.


    This was the response.
    Greetings Öô

    Sorry that I didn't get to your ticket while you was online.

    As long as everything requires an input from yourself and isn't automated, then it's fine.

    So yes it's fine.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •