The Walking Dead. What grinds my gears. (SPOILER, SPOILER, SPOILERS

Man oh man. I'm not trying to sound racists here but this is starting to be bad scripting writing to be honest. Ok so they killed T-Dog off right? Why kill him off when he is just now FINALLY getting some great dialog? He was really starting to be a lot better Season 3. People say "Oh no man T-dog went out like a bad ass". No he actually didn't. I'm tired of seeing the hero who has to die. They could of wrote around that to make it a whole lot better.

So now they introduce us to a black prisoner they build him some character and then out of no where they treat him like T-Dog. When he is with Rick and Daryl he is barely noticeable they barely have the camera on him, he was really starting to be interesting and then they killed him off randomly. When one of the guys in haven shot him I was like "Ok he is either racist, blind, or just a terrible shot." Rick was clearly visible (correct me if I am wrong) and the black man dies. One other note. When they first introduced us to the new prisoner, even then he wasn't even noticeable until you see Rick killing off Shane 2.0.

Now they introduce another black male character. Will they kill him off too?

Again I am not trying to sound like I'm calling the show racist, I love this show but I see some really bad script writing here.

What do you guys think?

Deleted
    T-dog was boring, and he had a stupid name. Time for him to step aside for a better character.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    T-dog was boring, and he had a stupid name. Time for him to step aside for a better character.
    Only reason why he was boring was because they didn't give him anything to work with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syning View Post
    Only reason why he was boring was because they didn't give him anything to work with.
    Why should he be treated any differently than the other characters they killed off? The show is about zombies, people expect death.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawkins View Post
    Disregard the comic storylines, the show has deviated quite a lot already.

tyrease is as huge a character as glenn , rick, and carl

Hes finally being introduced to the story. I think he will fillt he role nicely.

Also I thought they were totally going to skip the other convict raping and killing hersehls little girl. Finale pretty much said hes gonna prolly do that eventually in next season. I feel like when carl found tyrease, they were trying to make u think it was the mustache convict raping carol before carl found the other group.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Why should he be treated any differently than the other characters they killed off? The show is about zombies, people expect death.
    I think the issue is that they seem to have a "one black guy a a time" limit on the show. Look, I'm as big of a Walking Dead fan as you'll find (as is my wife), but I've written them a very stern email after the midseason finale about this.

Killing off the black guy is such a stereotype of horror/action movies, you'd think they'd at least be more aware of what they're doing with this.

It's not just killing off black dudes, it's killing off very minor characters that weren't part of the original story to begin with, though they have been taking some liberties with other character's deaths. I'm looking at you, Lori. Frankly, I'm(pleasantly)surprised that Daryl and Merle have lasted this long.
    He is the life of guilds he has never joined.
    He once had a noobish moment- just to see what it felt like.
    If he were to beat you in a duel, you would have to fight the strong urge to thank him.
    The Lunar Elders have a holiday in which they honor him.
    He can speak Darnassian. In Orcish.
    He is: The Most Interesting Man in the World of Warcraft.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jason1975 View Post
    I think the issue is that they seem to have a "one black guy a a time" limit on the show. Look, I'm as big of a Walking Dead fan as you'll find (as is my wife), but I've written them a very stern email after the midseason finale about this.

Killing off the black guy is such a stereotype of horror/action movies, you'd think they'd at least be more aware of what they're doing with this.
    Why is race such an issue? Who cares what race is killed, more whites have died in this show than blacks.

Deleted
    Use the current thread discussing this.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...d-(*Spoilers*) This one discusses the TV Show.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...e-Walking-Dead This one is about the novels/comics.

Closed.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2012-12-07 at 09:45 PM.