[Arcane] Frost Bomb Usage

Hi Mage Board! I had a question regarding Arcane bomb usage, is NT the choice on nearly every fight or are Mages finding use for Frost Bomb? I was thinking Frost Bomb might have some use on a few fights, like Will, Garalon, Tsulong, Wind Lord, Amber-Shaper, Empress, Elegon, and Feng, for example.

Is Frost Bomb a legitimate option on fights with 3+ targets or quick target switching/burst? Does the rotational collision get in the way a lot or perhaps you prefer to have a more mobile spell for Arcane? I know with Fire that Frost Bomb can be an issue because it'll have an 8 second cooldown and you need it to apply Pyromaniac, but there's no such target switching penalty here.

I haven't seen Blatty use Frost Bomb yet, or if other Mages have tried it extensively. Even if you haven't played it too much so far, I'd like to start a discussion on the pros and cons of the bomb, and which fights you could see yourself using it on. Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Frost Bomb is an amazing spell for any spec.

I believe its more to do with us using the Light of the Cosmos Trinket. Since Frost Bombs isnt a DoT it doesnt proc the effect of the trinket, hence we take Nether Tempest or Living Bomb

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Is Frost Bomb a legitimate option on fights with 3+ targets or quick target switching/burst?
    Yes, though how much past 3 are we going? LB is ideal in the 3-5 range.
    But your second part is the real point, its good for burst.

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Does the rotational collision get in the way a lot or perhaps you prefer to have a more mobile spell for Arcane?
    Thanksfully, no. It will fit into the (mindless) rotation of arcane smoothly. The only thing you potentially lose is the recast-ability of NT (you can spam cast NT on a target in order to 'fish' for AM procs).

Otherwise, FB really starts to shine with very large groups, big pack of adds. There it can compliment an existing 'burst' aoe rotation, but can also serve quite well in a sustained aoe role.

The bigger problem I'm seeing with FB right now is that it is quickly becoming the 'goto' bomb for PvP. Esp now with the nerfs to Deep Freeze and FB, mages are now even more reliant on the frost bomb + deep freeze shatter 'combo' to succeed in PvP.
    Buffs for NT and FB are in order. I don't particularly care much for the damage, but FB's utility is too high, esp in PvP. So it will either have to get nerfed (bad) or the other two bombs must be brought up to par.
    "There are very few who can claim what he can. There are even fewer who can prove it like he can. There are even less that can match him, but all will no doubt accept what he is, and what he can do. The Highlord is for sure one of a kind. A true Master of the Arcane arts. It would be best for you to listen."
    - Lady Nåabi of the Immortalis, former Guild Executor, former Raid Lead.

Good point about not being able to use LotC. Mine's upgraded to 510 so it's a big part of my dps.