Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Deleted
    budget and what settings you need/want to run with your upgrade? (games)

1. What games do you play?

2. Crossfire is not worth it, there are a few issues that can arise so its better to stick to one card.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Sorry forgot to mention that.

$200-$300

WoW (ultra), BF3 (ultra), Assassins creed 3 (ultra), etc...

Deleted
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814500269
    best 660Ti card out there and like most of them comes with AC3 (perhaps resell ?)

Sli is better than CF, stability wise. But still a single card configuration is always better than sli or cf. With your budget I would get the 7950 instead.

Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814500269
    best 660Ti card out there and like most of them comes with AC3 (perhaps resell ?)
    That thing is sweet and its even smaller than my old one. It needs a 600W PSU, mine is 750. It should be fine right?

Quote Originally Posted by bamf775 View Post
    That thing is sweet and its even smaller than my old one. It needs a 600W PSU, mine is 750. It should be fine right?
    Yep. 600W is even too much for such a card

Deleted
    should work just fine if you got 2x 6pin connectors. (having spare wattage isn't a bad or good thing)

edit: im even running a single gtx 670 with a 750W psu :P (however i do intend to go SLI in the future, still way too much)

Imo you should get a 7950.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Imo you should get a 7950.
    easy question to check that.
    OP will are you likely to get farcry 3? (because ati cards got decimated in benchmarks there)
    else in general wow and bf3 are nvidia territory in regards to best performance.

easy question to check that.
    OP will are you likely to get farcry 3? (because ati cards got decimated in benchmarks there)
    else in general wow and bf3 are nvidia territory in regards to best performance.
    Not interested in Far cry 3. Im sticking with WoW, BF3, AC3, Skyrim, etc..

So should stick with the 660Ti?
    Last edited by bamf775; 2012-12-07 at 11:04 PM.

Deleted
    Not interested in Far cry 3. Im sticking with WoW, BF3, AC3, Skyrim, etc..

So should stick with the 660Ti?
    i'd say yes since the card will also be $40 cheaper once you sell AC3 (since you already got it) so you are deciding between two cards that are close in performance but price wise the 660Ti would be way better with the selling of the game <$250 for the 660Ti and still $289,99 cheapest for the 7950.
    (660Ti beats 7950 in wow which is likely the most important game you listed?)

Yes, I play wow the most. I apprecaite the advice. I'll be ordering that GPU shortly.

Why would you recommend a zotac card with a 2 year warranty over a tried and tested (and much MUCH better built) 3 year warranty card from MSI?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814127697

Not to mention this comes in 5 bucks cheaper due to free shipping. I wouldnt touch zotac with a 10 foot pole, they are the only manufacturer i know of that warranties nvidia products at 2 years instead of 3 years.

Don't buy Zotac's. If you want to have the highest possible risk of broken video card however, go ahead. Go for ASUS, GIGABYTE or MSI when it comes to Geforce. They have the best coolers and as far as I know, the best warranties as well (Norwegian so everything has 5 years here).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemmiwink View Post
    Don't buy Zotac's. If you want to have the highest possible risk of broken video card however, go ahead. Go for ASUS, GIGABYTE or MSI when it comes to Geforce. They have the best coolers and as far as I know, the best warranties as well (Norwegian so everything has 5 years here).
    that is quite a claim got any sources to back it up?

edit: and even if you want to talk warranties i give you the king of them all , EVGA. (most other companies don't even get close to the years and speed they provide)
    Last edited by mmoce1d4ab16bc; 2012-12-08 at 07:09 AM.

that is quite a claim got any sources to back it up?
    Nobody has. I have evidence that Asus sucked, MSI sucked, Gigabyte sucked. http://www.youtube.com/results?searc....1.Z42FZt6q2f0

Still doesn't mean theyre bad cards.

So neither zotacs are bad. Warranty service has nothing to do with the quality of a card.

I just astounds me that shroudster would call the zotac model the "best" 660ti. Just by looking at it you can tell it is cheaply made compared to the others. Not to mention it has a shorter PCB which is to make it cheaper for them to manufacture, but that process puts things closer together on the board increasing heat. On top of that they are the only manufacturer that has a 2 year warranty on a 660ti. Shroud, i think what you meant to say was "worst" 660ti.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    I just astounds me that shroudster would call the zotac model the "best" 660ti. Just by looking at it you can tell it is cheaply made compared to the others. Not to mention it has a shorter PCB which is to make it cheaper for them to manufacture, but that process puts things closer together on the board increasing heat. On top of that they are the only manufacturer that has a 2 year warranty on a 660ti. Shroud, i think what you meant to say was "worst" 660ti.
    I sincirely hope you are just trying to piss me off with general assumtions?