Deleted

End Of the world raid? !!!!!!

"By teleporting into the past, you have irrevocably changed the future - but will we ever have a Terminus sliver that allows you to take part in the end of the world? I can't say yes or no, but there's plenty of road ahead, so who knows!? Certainly fun to think about "

http://raptr.com/TrionWorlds/news/50...ft?sort=newest

I had to read the question to really get a feel for what that answer entailed. It's a fun idea, and the opportunity to do so certainly exists with slivers, but I don't know that we'll see something like a Terminus sliver any time soon. Only reason I say that is Storm Legion seems pretty direct so far - Crucia vs Regulos for control of the gate (AND THE WORLD!!!1) and the gate will obviously end up being thrown open, providing an opportunity to glimpse, visit and/or raid the planes.

We know there are going to be twisted artifacts sometime in SL, so it stands to reason we will be glimpsing more alternate realities through Slivers, I just don't know that a Terminus-style Sliver will fit the theme of the expac. We'll have to wait and see. I'm definitely not opposed to it.

Indeed, I thought it was a cool idea - but definitely nothing I've heard about. Though of course given the way we've developed the RIFT Universe, we can explore a lot of awesome possibilities. I always think it's a lot of fun to think about this kind of stuff though
    James "Elrar" Nichols
    Former Community Manager
    Trion Worlds, Inc.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's pretty cool. I am constantly puzzled by people saying "Rift lacks lore" when there is so much - and not to mention the endless possibilities created by the whole back-to-the future type conflicts.

Did these people even bother reading some of the quests, finishing the story-lines for each zone.

I'm hooked. I just need some way to juggle my time as I struggle to get to 60 :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrar-Trion View Post
    Indeed, I thought it was a cool idea - but definitely nothing I've heard about. Though of course given the way we've developed the RIFT Universe, we can explore a lot of awesome possibilities. I always think it's a lot of fun to think about this kind of stuff though
    Please make it happen elrar such a cool idea. When do we find out who won what on the raptr Q&A and caption contest do you know?

Deleted
    I've already officially named this raid 'Back to the Future', to access this raid, you must achieve a speed of 88mph on the back of a Najmok to break the time barrier and then this following song plays as you enter the raid...

I'm so excited if this becomes a reality the concept of going back to the future and intercepting just moments after you've ascended to prevent the end of the world is just mind blowingly awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    That's pretty cool. I am constantly puzzled by people saying "Rift lacks lore" when there is so much - and not to mention the endless possibilities created by the whole back-to-the future type conflicts.

Did these people even bother reading some of the quests, finishing the story-lines for each zone.

I'm hooked. I just need some way to juggle my time as I struggle to get to 60 :P
    Yeah, there's definitely plenty of lore In-game, and even more on the books at Trion HQ. I do think the game lacks some of the PERSONAL lore that other games have. We've got a great sense of world-building history/lore, but there aren't as many figureheads, protagonists and antagonists that we can relate to or loath, at least not yet. Notable exceptions exist, of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would it be Defiant only though? At that point in time, I'm pretty sure the Guardians had already fallen. Also I don't see what point their would be in going back to a closed story. Who cares if the world ends in that reality, they abandoned that by sending the Machine-born Ascended back in time. Now that old reality is nonexistent and useless.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."