Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Meh, although the mages were rude at best deciding not to fulfill your role in a raid because you're not getting some food seems way over the top. Kicking these people seems the only valid option to me as they're delibirately trying to hold the raid back.

As for the mages, it is my experience that players in LFR tend to whine and cry a lot. If these people were crying and whining for a mage table I can understand their reasoning not to put one down until asked politely. I mean, I wouldn't respond to "OMG MAGETABL PLZZ!!" either. On the other hand, mine would've been down to start with the second I got in.

Join > Mage table > Go!

The faster the latter happens, the happier I am!

someone said is mage role to provide food. Not rly! "its no dif then buffs" ye it is, cus u cant "buy" buff at any vendor, buffs dun drop often from mobs.

So ye it is dif then buffs, its polite for mage to put down table but not a must! Tho its cool to be nice for ur group cus every one of lfr groups got enught morons anyway noone needs one more. Just to clear, i often have raid chat turned off cus level of stupidity in there smt just hurst, thats may be reason why some mages dun see u asking for table.

Quote Originally Posted by Woceip View Post
    See, i look at this differently. The four dps were doing what everyone should have been doing, not continuing until the group was made ready. While one could argue they should have had their own supplies, you can also go the other way and ask the question of why it was so hard for the mage to click one button.

Far, far too many people will press on instead of stopping to address issues like this, and far more legitimate ones such as 'healers' who are dps etc.
    Aye, This one gets me really bad, I'm a holy paladin MS and it drives me wild when people que as healers and actually dps...

I took a break from the game due to real life issues right as HoF came out so I wasn't able to play, came back this week and did the HoF(both halves) and terrace for first time in LFR, and both the HoF were 2 healed by me and one other, we went oom after almost every fight, took a lot of CD management and self healing by the raid in general to keep us alive because those jerks didn't wanna actually do their qued for role.

OT: I'd have(as a raid group instead of struggling.) asked the mages to drop a table or get out and find a new group because they didn't want to be a team player.
    If that failed I would have kicked em, there really isn't any reason for them to not drop a mage table, just like there's no reason a lock shouldn't drop cookies, or any player with a buff use it, especially when its those that refuse to cast things such as tables and wells etc that expect a res.
    If you aren't going to be a team player then gtfo my raid. That goes for LFR, and Normal/Heroics.

Deleted
    As a Mage I always drop a table when we enter and announce it, and don't mind doing so if people ask.
    However one thing I have noticed in lfr is with people leaving and new ones entering, some enter and immediately say Mage table, lock stone, not even a please or thank you.
    Them I'm less reluctant to drop a table for.
    Whilst it costs us nothing to do now, it's not the point, manners is manners.
    We are not obliged to provide you with something you can get with buffs as some pointed out from vendors
    Is not like if we don't can't table the main tank can't be rsssurected mid fight or healer ressurected on a wipe
    Or that us not doing a table will cause an encounter to fail, you can't use the food in combat
    Hell I usually drop banquet tables too, but it someone is flat out rude I will just politely ask them to wait until the spots are filled since we won't be fighting in the mean time,
    Harking back to old days when I got in trouble because someone reported me for bad language over Mage food..
    In ironforge and this guy kept spamming MAGE WATER MAGE WATER MAGE WATER at me over and over.
    Finally snapped and replied DO I LOOK LIKE A F**KING FOUNTAIN

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KeirAdish View Post
    Aye, This one gets me really bad, I'm a holy paladin MS and it drives me wild when people que as healers and actually dps...

I took a break from the game due to real life issues right as HoF came out so I wasn't able to play, came back this week and did the HoF(both halves) and terrace for first time in LFR, and both the HoF were 2 healed by me and one other, we went oom after almost every fight, took a lot of CD management and self healing by the raid in general to keep us alive because those jerks didn't wanna actually do their qued for role.

OT: I'd have(as a raid group instead of struggling.) asked the mages to drop a table or get out and find a new group because they didn't want to be a team player.
    If that failed I would have kicked em, there really isn't any reason for them to not drop a mage table, just like there's no reason a lock shouldn't drop cookies, or any player with a buff use it, especially when its those that refuse to cast things such as tables and wells etc that expect a res.
    If you aren't going to be a team player then gtfo my raid. That goes for LFR, and Normal/Heroics.
    Heh, I completely agree with you. My LFR had some issues with Garalon just this week...there were many things that people were doing wrong that made the wipes occur but it would have been manageable had the shaman who queued as a healer actually been healing. He was, instead, dps'ing. People didn't care that he was the top DPS either because as soon as we wiped, and someone pointed out that guy who queued as a healer was dps'ing instead, they vote kicked him immediately.

Personally, I always ask politely when I ask for a mage table. Always say please. There are still times that the mage just won't put one down even when asked nicely...in dungeons or in LFR where there might be multiple mages. Generally I just ignore it and keep going on my way because I always have tons of my own water on hand but it'd also be nice if the mages realized sometimes that if they want heals, they should probably make sure their healers have the mana to do it. Free water definitely makes a difference there.

The 4 people who refused to DPS over a mage table are dipshits. Mage tables are not required for you to DPS. Especially in LFR.

It's also kind of dumb that the mage refused to drop a table, considering it's not that difficult to do. Though, if it were me playing the mage, I'd only drop one if they asked nicely. If they were demanding it, I'd tell them to fuck off.

I wasn't aware they stopped selling food/drink at vendors.

15+ Year Old Account
    I remember in a heroic 3 people qued up all together and one of their friends dced, he was dced for 7 minutes and that is when I decided to kick him. His friends did not want to kick him so me and the tank just stood their refusing to tank/heal. They ended up leaving.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    95% of the time when someone asks me to drop a table, I've already dropped 1 and they didn't see it.

Deleted
    I can relate to the mages a little, having a mage on and off as a main and alt since Vanilla. Being asked for food/water is.. well, offensive:P I still put it up in raids and dungeon groups when asked politely but it still touches a nerve every time, even though it's not a big deal now. Should have just kicked the ones not DPSing though. If they had a problem with the mages, they could have just ignored them and not slow down the entire group and leech on others effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivellana View Post
    it would have been manageable had the shaman who queued as a healer actually been healing. He was, instead, dps'ing. People didn't care that he was the top DPS either because as soon as we wiped, and someone pointed out that guy who queued as a healer was dps'ing instead, they vote kicked him immediately.
    I've yet to see an LFR group with a full six healers since the feature launched. At least one is DPS'ing, or two or three of them are multibox pawns on follow.

(Not that six healers are necessary, but, hey.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Salted Beef View Post
    I've yet to see an LFR group with a full six healers since the feature launched. At least one is DPS'ing, or two or three of them are multibox pawns on follow.

(Not that six healers are necessary, but, hey.)
    I actually agree with you...but most people don't even notice until they have a reason to look. :P

when you go out on the street, do you also ask people to feed you every day? I don't think you would. Then why would you in a game? It doesn't make any sence to me.

Quote Originally Posted by mitbrandir View Post
    when you go out on the street, do you also ask people to feed you every day? I don't think you would. Then why would you in a game? It doesn't make any sence to me.
    Because when I go out on the street if I ask someone to feed me I'm asking them to spend money and time, and some people do because they can't afford their own food.
    and it makes perfect sense, dropping a mage table costs no money, just a short cast time, doesn't even require other party members assistance anymore, so the only real reason to not drop one is you don't want to share your free stuff.

When ones dropped I stock completely up, full 80, and then I use that throughout the rest of my playtime, if I don't have one dropped I have my own tables that I drop and get buffs from, but I try and spare those.