10+ Year Old Account

Suggestions for a New Computer Desk?

My current desk was perfect 8 years ago when I was a broke undergrad with a 17" laptop and never used it more much apart from writing research papers, but I've since outgrown it and am looking to get something new.

I'd like something fairly utilitarian with plenty of desktop space and room to accommodate two 23" monitors, 2.1 speakers, and aprinter. I also need room to accommodate a full tower case either underneath or close-by. I would prefer something with either a tray or shelf I can use to hide away my mouse and keyboard when they're not in use.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Looking around online, the IKEA Jerker seems like it would be close to a perfect solution (albeit without the tray), but it's no longer made. Is there anything similar out there?

15+ Year Old Account
    I personally have http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sauder-Sat...herry/11003066 from walmart, and love it. It has a massive amount of counter space, and a huge keyboard drawer with more than enough space for a mouse and keyboard (it could fit 2 keyboards side by side). It also has a nice shelf below which i use for my tower and a printer, and is on wheels so easy to get to the back. The only issue with your setup is I'm not sure how well it'd work with 2 monitors. You could probably put them on the 2 small shelves on the side, but they'd be in a bit of an awkward position for you. So not sure how well it'd work for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im actually looking for a new one as well. The Ikea Galant doesn't have a keyboard tray or shelf, but its 63'' wide which is a fairly long desk. It would definitely hold 2 monitors and a printer, along with some speakers, but it might be a little tight, but you could be a second one and make an L-Shaped desk and you would have more room on your desk than you could dream of.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/pr...18/#/S39837013
    Call me House.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I saw the Galant. It's definitely roomy, but I don't think I can accommodate a 6' desk in the space I have in my current house. I've seen this one on IKEA Hackers, which I think would be pretty much perfect for what I need, but again... it would require not just one but TWO desks that haven't been sold in stores for a couple of years now.

For the one from Wal-Mart, I'd actually considered that one, but I think that putting the monitors on the corners like I'd have to with that one would be a little weird and force me to basically turn my head permanently at an angle when using it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it really would, I thought about doing it but I was just worried it'd be unnatural so I've just stuck with my 1 27 in monitor (which incidentally I have to elevate slightly so that it goes over the shelves, as it's too wide to fit between). It's too bad though bc I love the desk otherwise (and Sauder has surprised me with how easy they have replaced broken parts, I broke one of the runners on the keyboard drawer by falling on it so I submitted a form on their website and they sent me a whole new set, no questions asked, with no charge).

I would recommend picking one of these up http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60155193/ and just screwing some legs to it.
    That's what i did cause i couldn't find a big enough desk to fit both my 24" monitors and my rig on my desk and it works wonders.