Deleted

Video Game Awards: Game of the Decade

Yeah wow is gonna win, deal with it !
    Changed society, made the whole world nerdier !

Quote Originally Posted by Kane49 View Post
    Destroyed many lives in the making. Lol.

---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 09:11 PM ----------

It's live right now.

http://www.spike.com/netstorage/even...e-awards/live/

10+ Year Old Account
    I grew up with WoW. I am nerdier, but I also now have a hobby, as well as better computer skills and an increased vocabulary.

Its Spike.

Madden or Call of Duty

It was Half-Life 2.

I'm okay with this.

wow didnt stand a chance against half life 2.
    its just a fact.

still waiting for HL2 EP3 dammit, im gonna be dead before its released

im laughing out loud literally that diablo 3 is even a nominee for anything.

Um, I hate to break it to you but, its not going to be WoW.

Fuck Half-Life. Never liked those games.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Deleted
    Half Life 2 is definitely a deserving winner. Personally I am not a big fan of award shows and the feel of need to vote for "the best" of anything. I enjoyed games like Mass effect 2, GTA games of this decade, God of War series, Bioshock and probably dozens more just as much as hl2. I can see why it won though and I concur.
    Really glad the walking dead games got the recognition they deserve as well :-)

Deleted
    Topic without purpose unless it will be kept alive untill 2021.

i had a hard time deciding between wow and wind waker but in the end i chose wow whether or not you think wow is as great as it was theres no denying it changed the entire mmo genre and made it much more casual and accessible to the average person compared to everquest

---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 03:01 AM ----------

wow just realized this is an entirely different thing then the one i voted in. oh well O-O
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Have you seen the choices? It's like they chose things specifically to set it up to deliberately win...

I mean... Why is it World of Warcraft, as a whole, gets nominated - but the Mass Effect franchise can only be represented by the middle-game of ME2? o_O

An Wii Sports... seriously? Wii Sports!?

...NO Elder Scroll game?

EDIT: Wow - people are saying HL2 won? I'm actually shocked - in a very good way though! Good choice! ^_^ I totally thought they'd sell out...

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyrd View Post
    wow didnt stand a chance against half life 2.
    its just a fact.
    This a thousand times!

10+ Year Old Account
    Half Life 2 winning, I'm alright with that. Well deserved win, WoW probly came out 2nd. Game of the Decade is a big thing, but if it was MMO of the decade WoW would of won easily & had Everquest on its ass.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    Half Life 2 winning, I'm alright with that. Well deserved win, WoW probly came out 2nd. Game of the Decade is a big thing, but if it was MMO of the decade WoW would of won easily & had Everquest on its ass.
    Knowing how the MSGM operates, it'd probably go to GW2 for "most likely to be awesome next decade."

I'm not kidding, they need to get out of bed with GW2.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

According to stock analists, WoW generated 10 billion dollars over the last 8 years.

And this for just a PC only game ...

Not one game or even complete franchises on different platforms came even close.

Seriously, with all this WoW and Blizzard hate flying around, you have to be an idiot to NOT vote for WoW as "Game of the Decade"

Everyone knows World of Warcraft, the masses know nothing about Half Life "2".

It is idiotic beyond believe.

But it is a perfect example of what this gaming industry stands for:

Moronic, no wonder it falls off with 20% per year. Vomit reigns.

Within 20 years everyone will remember WoW, hardly a few will look at Half Life "2".
    Last edited by BenBos; 2012-12-08 at 10:40 AM.

HL2 best game of the decade?
    god this game is fucking overrated

some of the worst vehicle sections in a fps, incredibly shitty guns with crap sound and a very limited selection of them, that stupid "see me jump around in a closed room while you babble to a wall" "cutscene" bullshit etc etc

can't say I give a shit about WoW winning, but HL2 winning is just bizarre to me, idk what the hell valve puts in everyone's morning coffee

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    According to stock analists, WoW generated 10 billion dollars over the last 8 years.

And this for just a PC only game ...

Not one game or even complete franchises on different platforms came even close.

Seriously, with all this WoW and Blizzard hate flying around, you have to be an idiot to NOT vote for WoW as "Game of the Decade"

Everyone knows World of Warcraft, the masses know nothing about Half Life "2".

It is idiotic beyond believe.

But it is a perfect example of what this gaming industry stands for:

Moronic, no wonder it falls off with 20% per year. Vomit reigns.

Within 20 years everyone will remember WoW, hardly a few will look at Half Life "2".
    Its the Internet there subborn what can you say really. I do agree it should of won. But its pretty come down to the point that people have such a grudge & hatred for WoW all they wanna hear is bad news & etc. When game is healthy & doing fine. 10 Million is a big number but anything above 4-5 Million is still bloody big too, I just learn to live with it. Being nominated is a big plus regardless if you win or lose.

---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 05:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Knowing how the MSGM operates, it'd probably go to GW2 for "most likely to be awesome next decade."

I'm not kidding, they need to get out of bed with GW2.
    From my perspective, I don't believe any PvP game beside Dark Age of Camelot could do better. DAoC I believe is last really good true PvP game & nothing can top it.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.