Page 1 of 6
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1
    High Overlord Awake709's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    156

    I have tried Free to Play...

    and I have to say that the new lighting has really made the game feel more alive? Besides that, I can't really see a reason to resub besides getting my Cartel coins. I mean, less then a year in and we have this? I guess the future looks bright.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Awake709 View Post
    and I have to say that the new lighting has really made the game feel more alive? Besides that, I can't really see a reason to resub besides getting my Cartel coins. I mean, less then a year in and we have this? I guess the future looks bright.
    My friends really wanted to try it so I decided to give it a half chance and Tried the F2P model. So far I'm loathing the restrictions knowing what I am missing and they are upset that at every freaking turn Bioware slaps them in the face begging for money. Wanna have more then a shitty amount of inventory space? cartel coins. Wanna change your companions appearance? We'll let you get the appearance items but deny you the change without cartel coins. Wanna not see this dumb helmet? Cartel coins. I mean really?!? to not see a helmet? C'mon Bioware, dick move....

    Wanna not have a shitty low limit on Commendations? No option... Wanna buy some of this other stuff on the GTN? Sorry not without a buttload of credits you would have a hard time getting unless you were 50 (many times not even that when dumb people sell it over the Preferred account credit limit... greedy dumbasses)

    Besides the F2P model being the most restrictive in history, I gotta agree not much has changed.

    Since the rackghoul thing they have added section X and HK-51? Dosn't seem like much considering Bioware painted such a bright future for the game. It's still pretty buggy.

    I guess now they are putting effort into stupid things like those flight suits in the Cartel shop instead of real game work.

  3. #3
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Bear Taco, Left Hand of Death
    Posts
    14,224
    Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    Wanna buy some of this other stuff on the GTN? Sorry not without a buttload of credits you would have a hard time getting unless you were 50 (many times not even that when dumb people sell it over the Preferred account credit limit... greedy dumbasses)
    Many people, including me have bought plenty of unlocks on a modest budget with each item being less than 350k a piece.

    Besides the F2P model being the most restrictive in history, I gotta agree not much has changed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    Since the rackghoul thing they have added section X and HK-51? Dosn't seem like much considering Bioware painted such a bright future for the game. It's still pretty buggy.
    Maybe you should check the patch notes before you just blatantly state false ideas as facts? Rise of the Rakghouls was patch 1.1. We are now on patch 1.5.2. Since then they have added the entire legacy system, operations Explosive Conflict and Terror from Beyond, a new warzone, the Chevin world event, and both things you mentioned. Patch 1.6, which brings another warzone and some other things is set to release Dec 11.

    So in one year they have added all that. Let's get your facts straight!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Many people, including me have bought plenty of unlocks on a modest budget with each item being less than 350k a piece.

    Besides the F2P model being the most restrictive in history, I gotta agree not much has changed.


    Maybe you should check the patch notes before you just blatantly state false ideas as facts? Rise of the Rakghouls was patch 1.1. We are now on patch 1.5.2. Since then they have added the entire legacy system, operations Explosive Conflict and Terror from Beyond, a new warzone, the Chevin world event, and both things you mentioned. Patch 1.6, which brings another warzone and some other things is set to release Dec 11.

    So in one year they have added all that. Let's get your facts straight!
    Are you suggesting 350,000 is cheap for someone just starting?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Are you suggesting 350,000 is cheap for someone just starting?
    Are you suggesting you need all those options when you are just starting? Because I sure don't.

  6. #6
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Bear Taco, Left Hand of Death
    Posts
    14,224
    Quote Originally Posted by Gereorth666 View Post
    Are you suggesting you need all those options when you are just starting? Because I sure don't.
    Exactly.

    Not to mention that you should have to work very hard to get the whole game for free...like seriously, pay for convenience otherwise grind it out. This isn't news.

  7. #7
    High Overlord Awake709's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Many people, including me have bought plenty of unlocks on a modest budget with each item being less than 350k a piece.
    I could justify this if the unlocks were server wide or legacy wide but character wide? Come on! What happens if I change my mind and want to roll an alt? I have to spend another $20? Ridiculous.

  8. #8
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Bear Taco, Left Hand of Death
    Posts
    14,224
    Quote Originally Posted by Awake709 View Post
    I could justify this if the unlocks were server wide or legacy wide but character wide? Come on! What happens if I change my mind and want to roll an alt? I have to spend another $20? Ridiculous.
    Most unlocks can be purchased account wide. So consider it justified.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Gereorth666 View Post
    Are you suggesting you need all those options when you are just starting? Because I sure don't.
    No other MMO ever has limited your action bars behind ingame money or RL money or other stupid things like it until SWTOR.

    Hell even in WOW's level 20 trial you could turn on all action bars if you wanted.

    All the f2p setup is a limited strick extended free trial nothing more.

    I though EQ1/2 and DCU's f2p setup was bad but hell at lease i get to raid on there if i wanted......

    I really wanted to like SWTOR and had hoped it would be fun. But EA just wanted to get its hands into the MMO market cause they though with the star wars name they where going to hit gold....we all see how that turned out.
    My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/jtbrig7390
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/Jtbrig7390 "fallow for streaming details and all types of game updates"
    My Twitch Streaming Games All The Time: http://www.twitch.tv/jtbrig7390

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    No other MMO ever has limited your action bars behind ingame money or RL money or other stupid things like it until SWTOR.

    Hell even in WOW's level 20 trial you could turn on all action bars if you wanted.

    All the f2p setup is a limited strick extended free trial nothing more.

    I though EQ1/2 and DCU's f2p setup was bad but hell at lease i get to raid on there if i wanted......

    I really wanted to like SWTOR and had hoped it would be fun. But EA just wanted to get its hands into the MMO market cause they though with the star wars name they where going to hit gold....we all see how that turned out.
    Defenders of the game are just gonna ignore these faults and pretend unlocking a few things using the GTN for large sums of credits solves everyones problems.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    Defenders of the game are just gonna ignore these faults and pretend unlocking a few things using the GTN for large sums of credits solves everyones problems.
    Yep.

    Im not blindly bashing the game because I was hoping it would be fun and there is some things I do like. But even before it went f2p it felt like it was a single player game with multiplayer.

    I wish they just made KOTOR3 and not this...well this kinda is KOTOR3 i guess.
    My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/jtbrig7390
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/Jtbrig7390 "fallow for streaming details and all types of game updates"
    My Twitch Streaming Games All The Time: http://www.twitch.tv/jtbrig7390

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Many people, including me have bought plenty of unlocks on a modest budget with each item being less than 350k a piece.

    Besides the F2P model being the most restrictive in history, I gotta agree not much has changed.


    Maybe you should check the patch notes before you just blatantly state false ideas as facts? Rise of the Rakghouls was patch 1.1. We are now on patch 1.5.2. Since then they have added the entire legacy system, operations Explosive Conflict and Terror from Beyond, a new warzone, the Chevin world event, and both things you mentioned. Patch 1.6, which brings another warzone and some other things is set to release Dec 11.

    So in one year they have added all that. Let's get your facts straight!
    I guess it was impossible to see but there was a question mark after i stated the HK-51 thing (btw that counts s only one thing with section X since they are kinda together).

    New raids mean nothing to F2P since they are useless to them. World events come and go so it means nothing to people playing now. they got lazy/mean with legacy stuff and now it only unlocks per character instead of legacy wide. Also I'm pretty sure most of that legacy stuff added was released pretty close to the time the rackghoul event was released (I quit right after it and I remember those legacy things being in game).

    There is no denying that with a smaller team and junk being made for people buying useless crap in the Cartel store less effort is being put in.

    Has Makeb been added? They were talking about that in early-mid summer. If not, I guess they just focussed effort on greedy F2P stuff since then instead.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 08:20 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Yep.

    Im not blindly bashing the game because I was hoping it would be fun and there is some things I do like. But even before it went f2p it felt like it was a single player game with multiplayer.

    I wish they just made KOTOR3 and not this...well this kinda is KOTOR3 i guess.
    I wish they made KOTOR 3 instead as well.

    As long as they actually completed it instead of releasing an incomplete game like KOTOR 2 and Swtor.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post

    I wish they made KOTOR 3 instead as well.

    As long as they actually completed it instead of releasing an incomplete game like KOTOR 2 and Swtor.
    Only thing I didn't like about KOTOR2 was the fact on both pc/xbox my save file would corrupt when im about 3/4 finished with the game never got a change to beat it. From what i looked up that was a common bug with the game. i would do many saves and each one would corrupt at some point so i never got to beat it
    My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/jtbrig7390
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/Jtbrig7390 "fallow for streaming details and all types of game updates"
    My Twitch Streaming Games All The Time: http://www.twitch.tv/jtbrig7390

  14. #14
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Bear Taco, Left Hand of Death
    Posts
    14,224
    Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    I guess it was impossible to see but there was a question mark after i stated the HK-51 thing (btw that counts s only one thing with section X since they are kinda together).

    New raids mean nothing to F2P since they are useless to them. World events come and go so it means nothing to people playing now. they got lazy/mean with legacy stuff and now it only unlocks per character instead of legacy wide. Also I'm pretty sure most of that legacy stuff added was released pretty close to the time the rackghoul event was released (I quit right after it and I remember those legacy things being in game).

    There is no denying that with a smaller team and junk being made for people buying useless crap in the Cartel store less effort is being put in.
    I answered your question because it had a question mark.

    Additionally, you were talking about the game in generalizations and now you want to say it's crap for F2P? Which is it man? Get your act straight. You either want to criticize them painting a bright future for the game or you want to criticize F2P. If you want to bash F2P then your original question is irrelevant. F2P just launched and they are already adding a new WZ which can be experienced by all players.

    The future is all speculation until it happens/doesn't happen.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    they are already adding a new WZ which can be experienced by all players.
    But lets not forget that the f2p players only get to experience anything outside of questing a few times a week unless they pay for week pass's.

    Also it was already prove if they did decide to pay for week pass's that it would in the end cost more then subbing to the game. This prove's that EA is trying to make F2p player feel like they need to sub to do anything outside of questing.

    Also it says f2p players will be able to do there class storys up to level 50. What happens once they rase the level cap like they plan to will F2p players get that or be stuck with buying some useless level cap remove token for there toon.
    My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/jtbrig7390
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/Jtbrig7390 "fallow for streaming details and all types of game updates"
    My Twitch Streaming Games All The Time: http://www.twitch.tv/jtbrig7390

  16. #16
    This has been one of the worst games to come out in the past couple of years. The only thing that got them any player base was the star wars name. Give up and move on to a game that doesnt suck.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by phred754 View Post
    This has been one of the worst games to come out in the past couple of years. The only thing that got them any player base was the star wars name. Give up and move on to a game that doesnt suck.
    I wouldn't say worst game because they did a few things right but it is one of the most buggy/broken games released in a long time.
    My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/jtbrig7390
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/Jtbrig7390 "fallow for streaming details and all types of game updates"
    My Twitch Streaming Games All The Time: http://www.twitch.tv/jtbrig7390

  18. #18
    The Lightbringer NatePsychotic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    3,922
    With all the restrictions, don't be surprised. EA CEO tried doing the same sort of restrictions with BF, charging for reloads and failed. It wouldn't surprise me if that same guy is behind the "Hide Helmet" restriction among many others.

    Last edited by NatePsychotic; 2012-12-09 at 05:26 PM.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    With all the restrictions, don't be surprised. EA CEO tried doing the same sort of restrictions with BF, charging for reloads and failed. It wouldn't surprise me if that same guy is behind the "Hide Helmet" restriction among many others.

    I don't think they implemented that. He was just talking about a future that he envisioned where the game would be "free" but would be heavily monetized with microtransactions, like "you want to reload, that will be $1."

  20. #20
    The Lightbringer NatePsychotic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    3,922
    Quote Originally Posted by trink202 View Post
    I don't think they implemented that. He was just talking about a future that he envisioned where the game would be "free" but would be heavily monetized with microtransactions, like "you want to reload, that will be $1."
    Succeeded with doing something similar in SWTOR though, sadly.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •