Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
  1. #101
    I think to remember that Bioware also always encouraged people to play twinks, to play different class stories, different factions. As subscriber doing everything you would end up hopefully outleveled most of the time... so skip one planet except the class quest and do another one. I love hoth for example.... I'll do all planetary quests because I really like the planet but skip taris etc. without having problems reaching lvl 50 during my class quest on corellia. My mercenary plinged lvl 50 after finishing the class quest on Corellia (only class quest) and turning in pvp quest.

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post
    I think to remember that Bioware also always encouraged people to play twinks, to play different class stories, different factions. As subscriber doing everything you would end up hopefully outleveled most of the time... so skip one planet except the class quest and do another one. I love hoth for example.... I'll do all planetary quests because I really like the planet but skip taris etc. without having problems reaching lvl 50 during my class quest on corellia. My mercenary plinged lvl 50 after finishing the class quest on Corellia (only class quest) and turning in pvp quest.
    Twinks weren't really intended they did want you to level alts but for alot of people that's not something they want to do. Like myself i want to put all my time in on one character and finish everything possible on it before i even consider a 2nd. PVP was all 1 lump sum que with a buff depending on your level (to your dmg and your health). 50's were in the same pvp que as everyone ealse.

    But people cried about it incessantly so the devs ended up creating a bg tiwink system by removing max level charcters from that que.

  3. #103
    People "cried" because lvl 50's in full pvp gear with expertise would stomp rock anyone without..... really?

    However I'd encourage everyone to play each class storie because I think they are good... some more, some less but still playable.

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post
    People "cried" because lvl 50's in full pvp gear with expertise would stomp rock anyone without..... really?

    However I'd encourage everyone to play each class storie because I think they are good... some more, some less but still playable.
    actually when i pvped i did at 50 with my pve gear. i barely had pvp gear before they removed the 49 and down bracket. The problem was organized groups going in there and stomping single que groups (pub stomping). people just cried and that got the 50's broken off. PVP gear wasn't in widespread use prior to that.

    also pvp gear was ridiculously easy to get . yes you had to deal with RNG of opening a bag and seeing what you got but in compariso to doing pve to gear up it was hundreds of times easier to gear up. That really made it so people could crush pve raids in no time. Thus causing players that mostly pve get bored and leave so quickly.

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by Nris View Post
    Interesting statement. Any reasoning for that? Someone who, essentially, wants to buy credits with real money can easily just buy cartel packs for 360 coins and sell them for 450-500k a pop instead of getting 350k for some unlock that might cost up to 1200 coins. Sure there is a dumb guy born every day but I highly doubt that this is going to be some stable business. On my server there are barely 20 unlocks being sold on any time and even those are just the cheap ones and not the expensive account wide stuff.
    Cartel packs on my server go for 140k-220k. So, on my server they are definitely not the highest selling item you can buy with CCs. Unlocks are.

    Each economy is different which means that some servers have smart people and other don't.
    Since most cartel packs don't have anywhere near 450-500k worth of credits, usually about 10% that or less, its likely that your servers prices will drop.

    and since unlocks can only be used by F2Pers, you have to set the price at a point they can buy it.
    Lv40 (Firefall) Dragonfly, Mammoth, Nighthawk, Arsenal, Tigerclaw
    Lv50 (FF14) Paladin, Warrior (Swtor) Agent, Warrior, Knight, Inquisitor, Trooper, Consular, Smuggler, Hunter
    Lv60 (NWO) Rogue, Fighter, Wizard, Guardian, Cleric (Rift) Rogue
    Lv80/85 (GW2) Thief (WoW) Rogue, Mage, Priest, Hunter, Warlock, Warrior, Death Knight, Paladin, Druid, Shaman

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Arteous View Post
    actually when i pvped i did at 50 with my pve gear. i barely had pvp gear before they removed the 49 and down bracket. The problem was organized groups going in there and stomping single que groups (pub stomping). people just cried and that got the 50's broken off. PVP gear wasn't in widespread use prior to that.

    also pvp gear was ridiculously easy to get . yes you had to deal with RNG of opening a bag and seeing what you got but in compariso to doing pve to gear up it was hundreds of times easier to gear up. That really made it so people could crush pve raids in no time. Thus causing players that mostly pve get bored and leave so quickly.
    Where did the many many discussion regarding removal of expertise stat to "balance" pvp better come from? Because nobody was wearing PvP gear? (Which was apparently so easy to get?) Even people in Raidgear were much better equipped than people leveling up and aside of that.... the only reason why everyone was put together in the beginning was to have lvl 50 do pvp. As soon as there was a more or less healthy population of lvl 50pvp player it was broken off.

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    No other MMO ever has limited your action bars behind ingame money or RL money or other stupid things like it until SWTOR.

    ...

    All the f2p setup is a limited strick extended free trial nothing more.
    This is so, so true. I went and checked out the F2P version and ended up quitting before making it far. I got tired of the massive limitations on the game. And the biggest argument people have for it is "it's free, what do you expect?" I expect that if they want to make money, they have something that entices you to purchase (subscribe, in this case), rather than just cause irritation. Annoyed customers don't purchase, they avoid.

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    My friends really wanted to try it so I decided to give it a half chance and Tried the F2P model. So far I'm loathing the restrictions knowing what I am missing and they are upset that at every freaking turn Bioware slaps them in the face begging for money. Wanna have more then a shitty amount of inventory space? cartel coins. Wanna change your companions appearance? We'll let you get the appearance items but deny you the change without cartel coins. Wanna not see this dumb helmet? Cartel coins. I mean really?!? to not see a helmet? C'mon Bioware, dick move....

    Wanna not have a shitty low limit on Commendations? No option... Wanna buy some of this other stuff on the GTN? Sorry not without a buttload of credits you would have a hard time getting unless you were 50 (many times not even that when dumb people sell it over the Preferred account credit limit... greedy dumbasses)

    Besides the F2P model being the most restrictive in history, I gotta agree not much has changed.

    Since the rackghoul thing they have added section X and HK-51? Dosn't seem like much considering Bioware painted such a bright future for the game. It's still pretty buggy.

    I guess now they are putting effort into stupid things like those flight suits in the Cartel shop instead of real game work.
    ^^ look everyone a person complaining about something he got for free

  9. #109
    Pandaren Monk WarpedAcorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    1,774
    I tried out the F2P option and was personally turned off by it. This might be because I was used to playing without the restrictions, so I re-upped my Sub. I plan to play as long as it is fun and stop when it isn't.

  10. #110
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    UK - North East England
    Posts
    301
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    I tried out the F2P option and was personally turned off by it. This might be because I was used to playing without the restrictions, so I re-upped my Sub. I plan to play as long as it is fun and stop when it isn't.
    Far far too simplistic attitude...you need to factor in the effect of your decision has on the global economy, EA/BW share prices and the MMO gaming community as a whole </sarcasm>

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by undercovergnome View Post
    ^^ look everyone a person complaining about something he got for free
    If I give you a moldy sandwich, will you be grateful? I'm not saying SWTOR is a moldy sandwich, but some people don't like how it handles its F2P model. Why shouldn't they complain?

    Or were you just posting because you can.

  12. #112
    Pandaren Monk WarpedAcorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    1,774
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolverk View Post
    Far far too simplistic attitude...you need to factor in the effect of your decision has on the global economy, EA/BW share prices and the MMO gaming community as a whole </sarcasm>
    Eegads! You're right! I never thought about the butterfly effect. This decision might cause another tsunami!!!

    ~_^

  13. #113
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tír na nÓg
    Posts
    12,124
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Eegads! You're right! I never thought about the butterfly effect. This decision might cause another tsunami!!!

    ~_^
    Actually, considering that space time isn't fixed or static...your ideas just caused the last tsunami. Great job asshole.

  14. #114
    Pandaren Monk WarpedAcorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    1,774
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Actually, considering that space time isn't fixed or static...your ideas just caused the last tsunami. Great job asshole.


    /cuedarthvadernooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post
    Nothing related to the UI or presentation of the game should cost real money. What is next, charging for turning to the left? Or perhaps using the second mouse button?

    Yeah, in the F2P and as a beer and pretzels game its not bad. Simply using SWTOR while queued; virtual machines are great. Still love the sound of light sabers and blasters in the game but damn it has the same problem WOW does; ability bloat.
    I think there is some truth to that and yet some that should be restricted. In terms of UI, I think there is room for some restriction. I think the game is playable with 2, much more convenient with 4, and 6 allows for a lot more options and customizability.

    With 6, you can work with your bars and work in some primary different spec abilities on quickbars, and another for a 2ndary, and another for pvp. I don't mind the restriction because the game is extremely playable with 4. If you want the extra convenience, I have no problem with charging extra for it. Same with presentation. You want to hide helmet or color coordinate your companion, there should be an unlock for it. Besides, it won't necessarily cost real money, you can buy the unlock off the GTN. But if you want it, then you are just going to have to grind it out to get the creds, as it should be.

  16. #116
    Many people, including me have bought plenty of unlocks on a modest budget with each item being less than 350k a piece.
    Anyone with a brain wouldn't sell it for more than that because the people who could afford items over 350k are subscribers who don't need the unlocks anyway, so the item would therefore never sell.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •