Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riftcrusher View Post
    Then you'll know how ret Paladins feel
    Paladins are a support class. perhaps not the best one, but all the same. Warlocks on the other hand, are not a support class and only have the pew pew
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

My only comments with a removal/nerf of BF goes back to the start of Cata (While this may be a bit off subject) But us warlocks used to have a lovely spell called Drain Mana, which was the go to move for healers, blizz scrapped it, no compensation no other way to drain a healers mana then the classic way of 'DOT EVERYTHING!' and blizz has said it was in line with removing any players spells that could drain mana, such as scorpid sting(If thats the hunter shot I am thinking of) and Drain mana, yet we saw Priests running around with Mana Burn the rest of the Xpac(Cata) so for those of you hoping for compensation, dont expect it for it probably wont come.

tldr; Dont expect equal compensation for BF

Armory^

10+ Year Old Account
    Many times when Blizz handing down a nerf, they will not give compensation, especially when it is intended to be a direct nerf.

warlocks still exist in arena ?

10+ Year Old Account
    They should give us a mass interrupt where BF used to be.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Deleted
    Or a resource generator in expense of health. Like 1 burning ember for 10% health with a cd ofc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tronux View Post
    Or a resource generator in expense of health. Like 1 burning ember for 10% health with a cd ofc.
    Combined with Ember Tap, that'd be constant free healing. If such an ability is to be implemented, it's health cost needs to be greater than what Ember Tap generates.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    no.

looks like someone [you] has never pvp'd in MoP.
    No I have and I started every game by Blood Fearing to dismount. It is a no skill talent and needs to be addressed. Warlocks have been viable long before Blood Fear and they bring more to arenas than 1 cc spell. When you learn what that is you will learn why you don't need Blood Fear to succeed.

Give us Mortal Coil baseline and remove Blood Fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Schirm View Post
    Give us Mortal Coil baseline and remove Blood Fear.
    ^this

and give something decent where blood fear was, possibly try fixing the entire tier, so burning rush is less punishing , ie: has a 20 secs cd , costs 5% health to activate, lasts 10 secs, good on use mobility for decent cost imo, and then they could start by reducing the cost of Unbound will, 20% is still too much of a health cost imho, maybe 10 % , or no %hp cost but increase cd to 2 mins ? ofc remove the free dispel that comes with it, could work tbh, it becomes a second trinket, which could be used instead of the pvp trinket entirely , which gives us a new trinket slot, the trade off is there though, so with the revamped burning rush and the new talent in the tier ( which hopefully will be good enough).
    Last edited by wholol; 2012-12-10 at 02:02 AM.

The interview is about defensive CC being used offensively.... how does this redirect it all at warlocks is what i want to know. We are the only class that has the stigma of "use health for every talent", same tier for other classes, defensive ability + Damage component attatched to it. example being Shock Wave, cone stun, crits for 80k........ wait what? how is that defensive???? warlock, blood fear-- does 10% damage to the lock for a fear that is on 10sec cd. The instant Cast is the cost of your health.

trying to hard cast the fear, juking it... thats a thing of the past, its just blanket now and die in everyone elses defensive cooldowns being used offfensivly.

how about bliz start to actually get a bit more creative with spells, beyond morphing them based on spec.

try something like Blood Fear. turns fear into blood fear when you are at or below 40% health. remove the HP cost.

as a side note to the recent nerfs, how about putting some down side to other classes talents on thier trophy choices. KJC - slow, Arc vengeance - have to be getting trained to be any good, MF - AOES??? zzzz waste of time. standard spell radius hits most PVE and pvp situations.

ive played in high rated teams in past seasons, played since vanillia, but mop talents and imbalancing is just a joke.
    Last edited by Miikal; 2012-12-10 at 02:24 AM.

Just an fyi. I don't think I have seen anyone mention Shadowfury once. Just letting you all know we still have an instant cc.......

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    ^this

and give something decent where blood fear was, possibly try fixing the entire tier, so burning rush is less punishing , ie: has a 20 secs cd , costs 5% health to activate, lasts 10 secs, good on use mobility for decent cost imo, and then they could start by reducing the cost of Unbound will, 20% is still too much of a health cost imho, maybe 10 % , or no %hp cost but increase cd to 2 mins ? ofc remove the free dispel that comes with it, could work tbh, it becomes a second trinket, which could be used instead of the pvp trinket entirely , which gives us a new trinket slot, the trade off is there though, so with the revamped burning rush and the new talent in the tier ( which hopefully will be good enough).
    Please don't. Burning rush is fine as it is. UW is fine as it is. UW is a very strong talent, and the health cost is exactly what it should be for the effect. It's a freaking PvP trinket on a 1 minute cooldown, ON TOP of your regular trinket. Trust me it's fine.

Burning Rush is good and has applications in PvE. If you put a cooldown on it, it will just become a "bad" speed of light (first tier paladin talent). Leave BR as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by PutressFIRST View Post
    Just an fyi. I don't think I have seen anyone mention Shadowfury once. Just letting you all know we still have an instant cc.......
    Which has to be chosen among 2 other instant CCs. Both of those were baseline prior to this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Which has to be chosen among 2 other instant CCs. Both of those were baseline prior to this expansion.

So why aren't any of these mentioned in this thread, we still have instant cc's.

Quote Originally Posted by PutressFIRST View Post
    So why aren't any of these mentioned in this thread, we still have instant cc's.
    Because they are very short-term CCs and have substantial cooldowns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sickestnerdchills View Post
    No I have and I started every game by Blood Fearing to dismount. It is a no skill talent and needs to be addressed. Warlocks have been viable long before Blood Fear and they bring more to arenas than 1 cc spell. When you learn what that is you will learn why you don't need Blood Fear to succeed.
    do you honestly run into the middle of every map mounted with no ports just to land an immediate fear? must be fun to play with you.

anyways yea... this is discussion about MoP arena. not years past. and right now, we dont need to lose an instant cc.

thats kinda it. stop trying to act super skilled because you dont like BF, none of us like BF. game is what it is right now.
    Last edited by Lulbalance; 2012-12-10 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spektroman View Post
    Please don't. Burning rush is fine as it is. UW is fine as it is. UW is a very strong talent, and the health cost is exactly what it should be for the effect. It's a freaking PvP trinket on a 1 minute cooldown, ON TOP of your regular trinket. Trust me it's fine.

Burning Rush is good and has applications in PvE. If you put a cooldown on it, it will just become a "bad" speed of light (first tier paladin talent). Leave BR as it is.
    I don't see how changing burning rush will affect pve locks using it in a bad way,you intend to have burning rush up for more than 10 secs? you're either dead or demolishing healers mana pool to keep you up, and if it had a 20 sec cd, you could have it up almost every time you need to move fast, if you think about it I don't see how you would deny the change being a good direction.

As for unbound will, its effect is strong obviously, but the cost of using it is not proper, you would never use unbound will while being focused, unless you want to die,I see no situation where you would use this except when you are CCed and aren't the target, still reducing it to 10 % hp instead of 20 is a lot better, increasing it's cd and further removing the HP cost is much more in line with what it should be, I don't see how anyone could be okay with talents costing health, have you ever seen a class besides lock that has to hurt itself so drastically to utilize some abilities? it's simply absurd in concept, I understand blizzard wants to create flavor for the class, but screw flavor if it hurts the actual class in general.

Deleted
    The health cost to these talents just creates a huge imbalance where the cost becomes trivial if you have a healer with you and extremely punishing if you don't have one and/or you are being focus fired. It's just poor design.

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    I don't see how changing burning rush will affect pve locks using it in a bad way,you intend to have burning rush up for more than 10 secs? you're either dead or demolishing healers mana pool to keep you up, and if it had a 20 sec cd, you could have it up almost every time you need to move fast, if you think about it I don't see how you would deny the change being a good direction.

As for unbound will, its effect is strong obviously, but the cost of using it is not proper, you would never use unbound will while being focused, unless you want to die,I see no situation where you would use this except when you are CCed and aren't the target, still reducing it to 10 % hp instead of 20 is a lot better, increasing it's cd and further removing the HP cost is much more in line with what it should be, I don't see how anyone could be okay with talents costing health, have you ever seen a class besides lock that has to hurt itself so drastically to utilize some abilities? it's simply absurd in concept, I understand blizzard wants to create flavor for the class, but screw flavor if it hurts the actual class in general.
    If burning rush has a 20 second cooldown, it becomes a bad speed of light. There are many situations where you may want to move faster for a couple seconds, then activate again for another couple seconds. As long as you have a single HoT rolling on you, the health cost might as well be zero. 'Could have it up almost every time you need' is different than "having it up every time you need". The skill doesn't need a cooldown, and it certainly doesn't need to be worse than a paladin level 15 talent.

As for UW, if I'm deep frozen without a trinket, you bet I'm going to use it. losing 20% health to break the deep freeze is less than the 60% I'll lose if I just eat the shatter combo. You are correct that for the most part, UW isn't to be used when focused. That doesn't make it useless or the cost excessive. Let me repeat once more: PvP trinket on a ONE MINUTE cooldown, that STACKS with your regular trinket.