Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    At the end of the day, Warlocks are nothing but a Fear bot in PvP; rendered as such while being carried by a Warrior or Mage.

If Blizz can actually nerf Blood Fear or just remove it (Instant CC is terrible for this game) maybe they'll give us some reputable damage outside of CD's. I grow tired and weary of sub-par damage. It would also allow us to take Unbound Will which is OP in its own right, but adds a totally different dynamic than just spamming Fear. Maybe even give us Mortal Coil back baseline but on a 1min cd.

The arguments that Blood Fear is what makes our class viable our right and wrong, it might allow us to excel to a degree but just adds more problems to the game and to a degree prevents us from having good damage.
    Last edited by Schirmy; 2012-12-11 at 05:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schirm View Post
    At the end of the day, Warlocks are nothing but a Fear bot in PvP; rendered as such while being carried by a Warrior or Mage.

If Blizz can actually nerf Blood Fear or just remove it (Instant CC is terrible for this game) maybe they'll give us some reputable damage outside of CD's. I grow tired and weary of sub-par damage. It would also allow us to take Unbound Will which is OP in its own right, but adds a totally different dynamic than just spamming Fear. Maybe even give us Mortal Coil back baseline but on a 1min cd.
    oh this made me lol, how long have you been playing Warlock to think blizzard would actually compensate us for anything they nerf?

Quote Originally Posted by speedten View Post
    Wasn't that cataclysm?
    If there was one thing I did like about cata, it was the decency in PvP. My lock held on to the niche we had in 3s.

OT: I actually approve of this change and direction they are taking with PvP (yes I main a lock). I desperatly hope they get rid or touch on many other class CCs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxJr View Post
    Oh really? LOL if they remove blood fear warlocks will be the most useless class in the game by a long shot, and obviously im talking about pvp here.
    Welcome to ele shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    Welcome to ele shaman
    Not trying to say warlocks aren't viable because they are, but you have 2 perfectly viable specs at high end arena which is more than most classes have.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    As he said in the video, the talent was intended to be a defensive thing NOT an offensive thing.
    yeah, whoever came up with "i have a great idea for a defensive cooldown, why not make fear instant but sacrifice health instead of mana?"

GREAT so when in trouble the warlock gets off one instant fear but allmost dies in the process

but ofcourse, how would this be not used offensivly, thats what blizz gets, a class that was except for succi+destro combination for the most time in the responsiveplaying zone got an offensive usefull cc "HEEEYYYY that was not intended, you are the class that only reacts to whatever shit happens around you, damnit"

... sick of it

---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 11:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    Welcome to ele shaman
    nice, you counter the uselessness of an entire class with one useless specc, genious
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

I have played a warlock far too long to think anything sensible will come from Blizzard for warlocks. The SOP seems to boost us up a lot at the start of an expansion then spend the rest of it nerfing us back into the ground :/

Don't get me wrong I am not a fan of the one-shot like we had with chaos wave but I would like to see compensation given to us to offset the damage loss but alas ...

demo nerf with no autoattack (yeah doom makes more boom .. wow .. doom sucks @burst dps ..)
    demo nerf with hand of guldan@metaform
    blood fear nerf?

.. thats blizz for fucking up the only spec that was ok in arena (and no i don't like running around for 30sec just that i get 2sec of "yay maybe somone is retarded and doesn't kick my chaosbolt xoxoxoxo"

Quote Originally Posted by Spektroman View Post
    If burning rush has a 20 second cooldown, it becomes a bad speed of light. There are many situations where you may want to move faster for a couple seconds, then activate again for another couple seconds. As long as you have a single HoT rolling on you, the health cost might as well be zero. 'Could have it up almost every time you need' is different than "having it up every time you need". The skill doesn't need a cooldown, and it certainly doesn't need to be worse than a paladin level 15 talent.

As for UW, if I'm deep frozen without a trinket, you bet I'm going to use it. losing 20% health to break the deep freeze is less than the 60% I'll lose if I just eat the shatter combo. You are correct that for the most part, UW isn't to be used when focused. That doesn't make it useless or the cost excessive. Let me repeat once more: PvP trinket on a ONE MINUTE cooldown, that STACKS with your regular trinket.
    what are we really arguing about ? you're trying to prove to me that these talents are good the way they are and should be left alone ? because you cannot be further from the truth imo, just look at the statistics, they are rarely taken, sure blood fear is always taken because it's OP,but the point is some of the other talents are lackluster or sometimes too costy, you say the change to burning rush that I mentioned is a bad speed of light, I do not understand where you're coming from, speed of light has a 45 sec cd and 70% movement speed increase for 8 secs, seems worse than 20 sec cd ,50% speed 10 sec duration, anyways it was only a suggestion , doesn't mean it has to be change that way though at the moment burning rush is too costy for a talent, you like it because " hey I can use it whenever" but 4% hp every sec is pretty damn heavy if you ask me, also I'm mainly talking about pvp, keep that in mind.

UW, there are times where using it might help you reduce the dmg, but look at it this way, if you dont use UW you take 50% of your hp in dmg, if you use it you lose 20% from UW and 30 % of the actual shatter , you're counting as if using unbound will is going to stop the incoming damage after removing deep, and even this situation is at it's best, any other situation is drastically less effective, you said so yourself. a one minute cooldown it may be, but the cost of using it is greater than the profit gained from it MOST of the time.

Let me rephrase some things since you seem to want a pick a bone with me, I'm not challenging you, I'm trying to give some good ideas for talents that are RARELY used in pvp.
    Last edited by wholol; 2012-12-11 at 12:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felshara View Post
    oh this made me lol, how long have you been playing Warlock to think blizzard would actually compensate us for anything they nerf?
    If they compensated for nerfs; they wouldn't be nerfs.

On the subject of Burning Rush, I've tended to find when I wanted to use it; the health cost has been too high to warrant using it... Still, I spec it because the others are basically useless in PvE and BR makes for faster wipe recoveries.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2012-12-11 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Felshara View Post
    I've been playing since Wrath; I also don't really care for you "omg QQ we always get nerfed attitude."

Better posts please.

sounds to me like they might make it a "After you take 20% dmg over 3 seconds from any source, you are able to cast blood fear" type spell.
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

10+ Year Old Account
    More likely cut the range. That seems to be the major issue people have with it.

ah yeah maybe. I was just drawn to when he said they had it in mind as a defensive spell, but i suppose lowering the range would do that too. Any ideas on how low the range will be? 5 - 10yrds?
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

10+ Year Old Account
    Same as Psychic Scream I guess, 8 yards.

If they cut range, it will be usable only against melee. And by melee, I mean non warriors and non DKs ofc. Unless they make it horrify, it will be terrible as defensive tool.

Inb4. "Your Immolate, Corruption and Shadowbolt have a chance to make your next fear a instant cast" 30sec cd.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    Inb4. "Your Immolate, Corruption and Shadowbolt have a chance to make your next fear a instant cast" 30sec cd.
    Making it proc on taking physical damage sounds more likely to me, since it's supposed to be a defensive spell.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxJr View Post
    Oh really? LOL if they remove blood fear warlocks will be the most useless class in the game by a long shot, and obviously im talking about pvp here.
    lol hardly, Even with it gone youll be cursing us lol

Quote Originally Posted by Illintent420 View Post
    lol hardly, Even with it gone youll be cursing us lol
    Bring a mage

OT: If they do nerf it, Warlock will need something to make up for it to be viable in Areanas, glad i un'subbed tho, couldent stand the blatant "we dont know what to do with warlocks, lets try a poke here and there" mentality of the devs. Vanilla-MoP player.