10+ Year Old Account

Missed flight to Vietnam

Hi MMO-championeers, i'm in a depressed mood because i missed my flight to vietnam due to an incorrect visa error (am a US citizen)..wife ended up going without me...pretty bummed..also can't get back my 1300 dollars because china eastern airlines are dickwads....

anyone else have any similar experiences in which the shitstorm just kept going and going and going?

In general, that sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrulerxxx View Post
    .wife ended up going without me
    This part seems like a huge WTF to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the single reason I can never sleep in airplanes or airports. I get super super paranoid about missing a flight.

That being said, while I feel sorry for you, how did you not triple check your visa? I know when I went to Australia on a student visa, I made sure that everything was in order, and was still super nervous at customs.
    Einstien trolled Newton so hard with general relativity

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    In general, that sucks.

This part seems like a huge WTF to me.
    I was not about to let my wife lose $1300 dollars too by staying behind as well. The trip is supposed to be for her reuniting back with her family and having a marriage ceremony over there. i have to shell out what it seems like close to $3000 dollars plus any other fees to go by next thursday. So these next six days are going to suck sooooooooo bad

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrulerxxx View Post
    I was not about to let my wife lose $1300 dollars too by staying behind as well. The trip is supposed to be for her reuniting back with her family and having a marriage ceremony over there. i have to shell out what it seems like close to $3000 dollars plus any other fees to go by next thursday. So these next six days are going to suck sooooooooo bad
    Yeah, this makes sense then. I was assuming (dopey me) that this was a just vacation for you two. If that were the case, it'd be weird (at least to me) if she went alone, but going for family makes total sense. Really sucks though man, sorry to hear that.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Yeah, this makes sense then. I was assuming (dopey me) that this was a just vacation for you two. If that were the case, it'd be weird (at least to me) if she went alone, but going for family makes total sense. Really sucks though man, sorry to hear that.
    Indeed man , what the hell happened? can't you get the 1300backs? this sound highly illegal ;(.

That sucks. Hopefully you two have a long enough stay planned that when you get there next week there will still be lots of time left.

On the plus side, if you don't speak the language – this will give your wife a chance to catch up with her relatives without having to worry about you feeling left out, or turning to translate everything to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Forfax View Post
    Indeed man , what the hell happened? can't you get the 1300backs? this sound highly illegal ;(.
    The problem is if he is in error. If he is at fault then there is little he can do but hope that the company takes pitty on him. And remember, even if he isn't at fault really, say he got the wrong visa even though he applied correctly, from an Airline PoV he is still in the wrong. If you show up in a, how to say it... improper manner, then they can deny you the flight without having to pay you back a dime, say if you show up stone cold drunk, having the wrong visa or if they can show that you've been a threat or a medical liability. Laws ofcourse differ from country to country.

They provide a service, the service does not include taking you where you need to go, but giving you the option to go where you need to go. Capitalism.

From experience, Asian airlines let you know way ahead of time about the penalties for canceling after paying the deposit for airfare. So from that and little information provided by the OP, the Asian airline isn't entirely at fault. Especially if the OP failed or didn't bother to triple check all the travel information, including the visa.

Not trying to bash on the OP. Just saying.