Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Turalyon and Alleria... we will ever see you again??

I have always wondered if we would see the high general and the missing windrunner.

There have been several hints and nudges from in game content such as the wishing well coins in Dalaran, loading screen tips, and blizz devs hinting here or there saying, "oh, they are doing alright". I haven't seen a thread about these two in some time, and I thought I could bring up a discussion regarding their potential whereabouts, their possibility of showing up around the end of MoP, or during the transition to the next xpac.

I couldn't think of a better way to pop my forum cherry by bringing up my two favorite WC2 characters and their unknown whereabouts.

They've been confirmed (kinda sorta) for the next expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Metzen said they will be in the next expansion during the MoP launch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvJpncNZdls

2 hours, 45min, 30 seconds in

In before lengthy argument about whether Alleria would be more loyal to her husband's people or to her own. Then in before whining about Alliance being neutral.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering they added a new loading screen tip that basically infers "o gee i wonder when we'll see these two again", yes.
    Look! Words!

We probably will, but Blizzard counts on so many people being lore-uneducated these days that they will dumb them down in the story and give them blue quest marks over their heads. Just looking at how many people thought pandaren have an equal or greater place in Warcraft lore than Twisting Nether, Emerald Dream, Kul'Tiras etc goes to show Blizz could make Turalyon a Demon Hunter next expansion and there'd be a couple hundred thousand people pulling obscure references out of comics and Warcraft books (no references to the games whatsoever, note), pointing out how this totally makes sense.

That being said, Alleria's return would (normally) be marked by her murdering her sister and the "Blood Elves" for betraying themselves, considering how the Horde's ravaging of Quel'Thalas was what made her go to Draenor to slaughter them all in the first place. But of course, that would make too much sense in a traditional Warcraft storyline, so instead there'll be a sorowfull QQQQQQ questline where she and Sylvanas talk endlessly and there's some mock fight between them where of course, neither die.

As for Turalyon, I can only wish he'd kill Tirion and his deus-ex-machina lightsaber which maaaaagiiiicaaalllly defeated Arthas and shattered Frostmourne (one of the most ridiculous jokes in Warcraft, to this day).

Next expansion for sure

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    We probably will, but Blizzard counts on so many people being lore-uneducated these days that they will dumb them down in the story and give them blue quest marks over their heads. Just looking at how many people thought pandaren have an equal or greater place in Warcraft lore than Twisting Nether, Emerald Dream, Kul'Tiras etc goes to show Blizz could make Turalyon a Demon Hunter next expansion and there'd be a couple hundred thousand people pulling obscure references out of comics and Warcraft books (no references to the games whatsoever, note), pointing out how this totally makes sense.

That being said, Alleria's return would (normally) be marked by her murdering her sister and the "Blood Elves" for betraying themselves, considering how the Horde's ravaging of Quel'Thalas was what made her go to Draenor to slaughter them all in the first place. But of course, that would make too much sense in a traditional Warcraft storyline, so instead there'll be a sorowfull QQQQQQ questline where she and Sylvanas talk endlessly and there's some mock fight between them where of course, neither die.

As for Turalyon, I can only wish he'd kill Tirion and his deus-ex-machina lightsaber which maaaaagiiiicaaalllly defeated Arthas and shattered Frostmourne (one of the most ridiculous jokes in Warcraft, to this day).
    Or, instead of your lengthy "lolblizzardidxyandzwrong", you can refer to everyone else's posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Or, instead of your lengthy "lolblizzardidxyandzwrong", you can refer to everyone else's posts.
    No thanks, I have my own voice and my own opinion, and if you find it too lengthy that's too bad, there's no TLR here because words are meant to be read.

Complaining about plot devices in Warcraft,.... /facepalm
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

No thanks, I have my own voice and my own opinion, and if you find it too lengthy that's too bad, there's no TLR here because words are meant to be read.
    Well, no, it's not that. It's the fact that even though not a lot of people know about Turalyon and Alleria, and the fact that someone asked about them and Blizzard said they'll be in the next expansion kinda means Blizzards doesn't have a "Lore is on the side" mindset.

So, I mean, if you would listen to another person's opinion and view point instead of immediately saying "NOPE WRONG", then we could discuss this civilly, which I'm still trying to do.

I'd love to see them back, but I'm a little anxious about how they might handle them.

Quote Originally Posted by squid View Post
    Next expansion for sure
    Honestly, I'm hoping for the next expansion to be entirely new lore. A new story we haven't seen, new characters we've never heard of..

Quote Originally Posted by wdmshmo View Post
    Honestly, I'm hoping for the next expansion to be entirely new lore. A new story we haven't seen, new characters we've never heard of..
    Any expansion they want to make from this point on they can craft their own new lore due to all of the new storylines they've made.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    In before lengthy argument about whether Alleria would be more loyal to her husband's people or to her own. Then in before whining about Alliance being neutral.
    Nope, they'll probably be killed and raised as new Champions of the Forsaken to make the hardcore Horde fanboys cream their pants and something more for the Alliance to QQ about.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

i hope calia comes back too O-O

---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 01:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    welll i mean come on who basically goes by orc slayer even thinks about going to the horde thats just bad writing
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I'd say a bigger joke is Frostmourne being indestructible simply because it has to be. I also don't know anyone who had a problem with Ashbringer shattering Frostmourne; it was the more powerful weapon.

---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 07:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    Nope, they'll probably be killed and raised as new Champions of the Forsaken to make the hardcore Horde fanboys cream their pants and something more for the Alliance to QQ about.
    I guess that would happen if Kosak gets his way

We probably will, but Blizzard counts on so many people being lore-uneducated these days that they will dumb them down in the story and give them blue quest marks over their heads. Just looking at how many people thought pandaren have an equal or greater place in Warcraft lore than Twisting Nether, Emerald Dream, Kul'Tiras etc goes to show Blizz could make Turalyon a Demon Hunter next expansion and there'd be a couple hundred thousand people pulling obscure references out of comics and Warcraft books (no references to the games whatsoever, note), pointing out how this totally makes sense
    Someone is still mad about Pandaria and new lore.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    Someone is still mad about Pandaria and new lore.
    Phillip im not surprise, sometimes people hold grudges forever !!
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    Considering they added a new loading screen tip that basically infers "o gee i wonder when we'll see these two again", yes.
    What loadingscreen tip?