Frost DK - Squishy

I am pretty new to this class.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...norgank/simple

I am loving this Frost playstyle but I feel quite squishy when there more than two mobs attacking me when I am doing dailies.

Is it because of my gear or is frost good for only doing dps in dungeons/raids ?.

EDIT Dec 11,2012 :
    After getting some decent gear, I am totally loving this spec so far.
    Mobs just dont last more than 10 secs before me
    I pull around 35k-42k dps in GL dailies and as one of the replies said this has gotten a lot better after getting gear
    Last edited by vpywow; 2012-12-11 at 09:12 AM.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Frost is the best spec to solo daily quests (unless you want to go blood and chain pull stuff)
    Unholy is jsut as great, but you might need more equipment that you would need as frost 2h.

Your problem is mainly your equipment. That low pvp set is not exacltly the best to do daily quests. Don't worry, as you gear up you'll basically 2-3 shot most of the mobs.

frost is probably the squishiest of the plate wearers. ive gotten used to using death pact quite a bit while doing dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Frost is the best spec to solo daily quests (unless you want to go blood and chain pull stuff)
    Unholy is jsut as great, but you might need more equipment that you would need as frost 2h.

Your problem is mainly your equipment. That low pvp set is not exacltly the best to do daily quests. Don't worry, as you gear up you'll basically 2-3 shot most of the mobs.
    Pretty much this
    As you get better gear you will be able to do more dmg faster and take less dmg from mobs. this is just how it is at the start of an xpac. By the end you will be able to just run around using howling blast and they will be dead before they touch you.

In this case, your gear is definitely a huge part of the problem.

Once you're up around the 460-470 range you'll notice a ridiculously huge improvement.

also make sure to get the dark succor glyph, burn down 1 mob then ds the other and you should be pretty high agian.

Gear's huge, but you'll be playing in blood presence any time you're focused or could be focused/chain cc'd. I only swap out of blood to go offensive or when I know the other team's tunneling.

Quote Originally Posted by jtth View Post
    Gear's huge, but you'll be playing in blood presence any time you're focused or could be focused/chain cc'd. I only swap out of blood to go offensive or when I know the other team's tunneling.
    He's talking about PvE.

I haven't found it too bad to be honest, but in all fairness I am used to playing an Enhancement Shaman so I know how to handle being squishy :P
    RETH

Ι will vote against. Frost -2h especialy- is one of the easiest melee. just watch and waste your killing machine procs to Frost strikes, and keybind the Death strike to a convinient one so u can use it effortersly. I was chain pulling with gear a lot worst than yours.
    Die by the sword

Dark Succor is a lot of healing, and it's free damage/heal every killing blow. Remorseless Winter's a great help for chain pulling. We can chain the infamous goats on top that Hozen village in valley of the 4 Winds as Frost DK with gear that's just like the OP's, by just managing Dark Succor and having an oshit Death Pact just in case hp gets too low for comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by wooootles View Post
    Dark Succor is a lot of healing, and it's free damage/heal every killing blow. Remorseless Winter's a great help for chain pulling. We can chain the infamous goats on top that Hozen village in valley of the 4 Winds as Frost DK with gear that's just like the OP's, by just managing Dark Succor and having an oshit Death Pact just in case hp gets too low for comfort.
    I had the most difficult time with the effing goats until I got the glyph of Dark Succor (Godly glyph for questing). I also recommend utilizing pillar of frost if you see one of the goats eying you towards a ledge -.-

Dark Succor glyph is your friend when questing as frost. Go 2h for huge oblit crits, then just burn mobs down 1 at a time, soon as one is dead, use your free Death Strike for a big heal, burn down the next mob, rinse, and repeat.

I'd be lying if I said Frost for DKs isn't by far and away the best questing spec. You have obscene burst AoE and superb single-target burst along with the best chain-pulling capabilities with Soul Reaper and Dark Succor.

In summation, it's not your gear or spec seeing as how I was chain-pulling in Dread Wastes at level 89 in my 410 BiS DS gear.
    Last edited by Vereesa; 2012-12-08 at 12:32 PM.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Deleted
    if you pull more focus on killing 1 / bringing 1 low. then when you are low on HP kill him, Bam Deathstrike the next one! bam bam bam! and ur full again <3 Deathstrike Glyph for dailys

Deleted
    macro Ghoul sum + death pact
    macro target self + Lichborne + DC
    Use IBF + AMS
    Use remorseless winter
    Profit