Deleted

Need some Tips for SNT Challenge mode pls

hi everyone,

Last night me and my guildmates went to SNT challenge mode for the first time after 2 hours of try we got silver with 18.24 min.

Our main issues is on Commander Vo'jak we lost easily 25-30 sec on the timer because of the randoms charge of the boss.

So my question is : How can we make the boss charge only the tank ? is there any tips ? i watched a lot of videos and this fuckin boss ALWAYS charge the tank, and when we did it ( more than 15 times ) he NEVER charged me ( tank ).

Maybe there was some hidden hotfixes with the patch 5.1 idk.

Thanks you in advance and sorry for my bad english ^^

Last edited by mmoc747d75d8ce; 2012-12-08 at 07:04 AM.

Just from checking the dungeon journal it says that he "charges a random enemy player" so I'm not entirely sure you can force him to charge the tank. It may be possible if you time a taunt with it or something, but I'm not sure.

So it seems you still need to cut just under a minute off your current time to reach gold, about 30 seconds if you did manage to make him charge the tank like you are asking.

Heres what I suggest:

1) Ensure that you have someone (I did it, I was the healer) clicking the gong on the top floor just to the right of where you exit from the tree. It forces the waves to come quicker.

2) You might be able to skip a pack or two in the beginning part of the instance, while inside the tree. We used a rogue stealth to get by the very first pack of Klaxxi and went straight on to the orange slimes. We then crossed into the bosses room onto the next set of slimes, killing those as well and again skipping a pack of klaxxi. At this point we had 16 stacks of the damage debuff and absolutely melted the boss. Perhaps you can use an Invisibility potion to skip the first pack if your composition does not include a rogue. This can be rather dangerous though because the slimes explode and do a chunk of aoe damage.

3) On General Pa'valak make sure you are tanking all the trash on the boss when he does his Bulwark. Your DPS and Healer should pick up bombs and throw it on him and it will melt the trash, along with the adds he spawns. More bombs the better, obviously.

The rest of the instance is pretty straight forward. Just keep practicing with your current strat and you may perfect it to the point where you do reach a gold time. You may also tweak it here and there to maybe help with time, but keep at it and you will soon be rewarded

Heres my video to reference, it'll show you what I mean by #2 (first 2 minutes) and #3 (at 10:20ish in the video) :

Last edited by Priesthoodz; 2012-12-08 at 07:41 AM.

Deleted
    Thanks for the answer.

We're good for the gong thingy no problem with that , and the waves dies pretty fast.

For General Pava'lak we were maybe not as good as possible with the bombs we probably can gain some valuable sec on it.

For the first packs of klaxxi we also lost 15- 20 second on them maybe the invis pot could help us there.
    On the video you linked Commander Voj'ak charge the tank 3 or 4 times , so i m pretty confuse is he doing somethin ? idk But he just ignored me for 2 hours xD

And after our session we came back and 3 manned the heroic version and tries a lot a of thing ( timed taunts, positions, switch spec but HE NEVER CHARGED ME as a tank ) he did it ONE time when i speced dps.

If i can find out why he is charging all the tanks of videos i've seen and not me that would help us a lot.

idk if that's help but our comp his Brewmaster monk , Shaman Resto , Shamand Elem, Warrior Fury and Frost mage
    Last edited by mmoc747d75d8ce; 2012-12-08 at 09:04 AM.

I tanked Vo'jak downstairs while the ranged dps was just nuking him from above never had any problems with him charging off, even if he clears some puddles with his whirlwind some other puddles should be nearby from the trash and ranged can throw bombs as well.

Deleted
    They must have changed it recently, with 5.1 mayhaps. I suppose they increased the range of the charge, before tanking downstairs made him not charge above. Went last week and he runs up to the top now, so it's better to just tank him above and pelt him with bombs there. He will charge regardless of where you put him, so there at least he doesn't run too much.

Not really sure what the problem is, clip the back of him with a tar patch and have your other people spread out so only one person has to move from charge - he spins then moves back onto the tar patch. Fight is over incredibly quickly.
    Last edited by Valsh; 2012-12-09 at 06:16 AM.