Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Do you think patch 5.2 raid will be anything BUT Return of the Thunder King?

Thoughts in regards to if it will be anything else plox

Quote Originally Posted by Excessiv View Post
    Thoughts in regards to if it will be anything else plox
    Theyll somehow add dailys to it, just watch

they already said in those interviews on the front page that there'll be more dailies and that the raid will be ulduar-esque.

Most fingers are pointing to a troll/thunder king patch, mine included. I don't see what else they could do unless they wanted to end this expansion in less than 12 months.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by artem123 View Post
    No that's 100% true haha like you don't even need to think about that; All I care about in 5.2 is my green fire and nothing else. Like if It's actually the grand scale of uldaur then no I highly doubt there's going to be anything else meaning It's likely a 10-16 boss tier with a giant design like Uldaur.

Hah I should raid again.

I feel like 5.2 will only have the raid and if they do stick to the patch cycle they keep mentioning, the next set of dailies will be in 5.3 instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes Dagon View Post
    I feel like 5.2 will only have the raid and if they do stick to the patch cycle they keep mentioning, the next set of dailies will be in 5.3 instead.
    Well look at it from this perspective, they have gaps filled with dailys, and there needs to be dailys between the raid and the patch after

10+ Year Old Account
    GC said 5.2 would be a Ulduar sized raid, and will also have dailies.

So I herd you lyke dailies wif yo dailies with those other extra dailies?

Have fun. ^_^
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

I do hope Thunder King/Troll raid is brought in. Something of a mix of voodoo/mogu/all that kinda stuff.

It's interesting though, how Lorewalker Cho quotes in Mogu'shan Vaults that this is not the last we have seen of Gara'Jal.
    I find it hard to contemplate blizzard recycling Gara'Jal with new abilities and a different tactic.

But in regards to dailys - I'd go with yes, they'll most certainly come in, or maybe some type of reward for killing bosses/trash.

We could maybe something like Ashen Verdict - Reputation = Rings.

- However: We should also consider when the new Legendary is coming, and what that maybe.

and thats bad why? just because you dont like dailies doesnt mean other people dont and having a daily hub that tells out a story related to the raid is great and plus they already said every patch will have a daily quest hub along with it to progress the story.

this crap about dailies is really getting to retarded levels of stupid at this point especially since at this point all the people who thought they were "required" are done with them
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    and thats bad why? just because you dont like dailies doesnt mean other people dont and having a daily hub that tells out a story related to the raid is great and plus they already said every patch will have a daily quest hub along with it to progress the story.

this crap about dailies is really getting to retarded levels of stupid at this point especially since at this point all the people who thought they were "required" are done with them
    Dailies ARE retarded, you're just a unique snowflake

they said they are done with the 6-7 boss raid tiers, every raiding tier from this point on will be of similar sizing to t14. This is great, looking forward to it. A troll themed raid instance has been due for a long long time, they've been talking about it forever. After all the RP on that island north of Kun'lai I can only assume that will be it. There is an unmapped island in the far northwest of Pandaria, I have a feeling this will be like a troll area where the new raid will be located, with a daily hub similar to firelands and such.

I do hope when we reach the Thunder King (presuming that it is the future raid) we see Garrosh talking to him (since Garrosh is wanting to create an army of abominations pretty much) and when we enter a certain area Garrosh says something like "You saw nothing, fools"

We will certainly need some sort of cliffhanger that makes us pumped for Garrosh raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruak View Post
    no they arent there are plenty of people who like the dailies just because YOU decide to do every daily everyday and get burned out doesnt mean there retarded. i dont like pvp and hardly anyone does it does that make pvp retarded?
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    no they arent there are plenty of people who like the dailies just because YOU decide to do every daily everyday and get burned out doesnt mean there retarded. i dont like pvp and hardly anyone does it does that make pvp retarded?
    I hate PvP but it's not retarded.
    I hate dailies too and they ARE retarded.
    Now what?

Make a poll who liked the Firelands daily hub, make a poll who liked the Argend Tournament dailies, make a poll who likes the Klaxxii brain damaging pile of dailies and we'll see the results Don't talk out of nothing Cheers.

Make a poll who liked the Firelands daily hub, make a poll who liked the Argend Tournament dailies, make a poll who likes the Klaxxii brain damaging pile of dailies and we'll see the results Don't talk out of nothing Cheers.
    sorry but I loved the daily hubs you mentioned.

---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 06:23 AM ----------

AND Im wishing for more dailies with 5.2. 5.1 dailies are too few

I guess that makes me his identical twin. If there weren't dailies, I'd do exactly what the Devs said people were doing in Dragon Soul: Log in for raid, raid one or two nights a week, log off, repeat. These gives me something to do every day. Also, you might want to look up the definition of retarded because using that word as if it's an undeniable fact in several posts is a bit lacking.

That said, I expect just one long raid in 5.2 with a daily hub attached.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

It can be... But I think 5.2 raid will be Titan/Mogu/Troll themed dungeon.
    Patch 5.2 will add some new architecture, geography, and a new story. A new raid is planned that will hopefully be similar in quality to Ulduar. There will also be more daily quests!
    New Ulduar...

Dailies can be annoying if overdone. The 5.0 storyline, it was overdone, but only slightly. I believe if they would have made Golden Lotus dailies a ~weekish faster to hit exalted, people wouldn't be bitching nearly enough.

5.1 has the proper amount of dailies, and something I feel they will repeat from hereon out as they have learned.

Dailies give you something to do at 90, another option to get valor gear, and the way to earn reputation. Some dailies are also pretty fun, at least when they stray outside the norm.

People have jumped on the "dailies are bad" bandwagon when they're actually meaning "Too many dailies are bad."

Blizzard should not have removed the daily quest limit. Then people would be forced into doing only a certain number per day, and avoid burnout.

As for 5.2: It'll probably consist of the Thunder King and his Zandalari allies finding an until-now unknown Titan facility and breaking in to steal the technology (Like the Mogu are good at doing), and we have to stop them.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Dailies can be annoying if overdone. The 5.0 storyline, it was overdone, but only slightly. I believe if they would have made Golden Lotus dailies a ~weekish faster to hit exalted, people wouldn't be bitching nearly enough.
    That and not gating shado pan and august celestials behind the golden lotus dailies.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    That and not gating shado pan and august celestials behind the golden lotus dailies.
    i agree with this, putting the shado pan and august celestials behind golden lotus instead of just being out there to do wasnt a good design choice.

also the august celestials shouldve had more story to them they felt pretty lacking compared to all the others