Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Stuck on Stone Guard for 2 Months. WoL Included.

Something is very wrong, as the title suggests.

I think it is a little bit of everything but I'm not sure. Sometimes it's a tank fail, sometimes it's a healer fail, and dps is kinda low.

I had WoL going tonight and i'm not even sure I did it right but here it is: (Can't post url for some stupid reason)

/reports/rt-vzkci79pg1u8vp04/

If you guys can make anything out of this it would be appreciated. Also if you require any more kind of info i'll edit it in.

10+ Year Old Account
    2 months means its your tanks.
    Without chains, then your dps would have been fine.

Easiest way to tank them follows;
    DK/better geared tank takes the two. Lesser takes 1. Spreads them out.
    Make sure the one with two has the exploding dog. Now at the 40 energy interval swap one for one.
    Continue so, that way the offtank has to get a brain and know which dog has the highest energy, and just call when he's taking, so the MT takes his dog off him.
    Super easy, and I've let pugs doing this, but then again, I'm always one of the tanks.

You need good dps, if they won't pick up their game, ditch them, and find replacements, you won't get past the 3rd boss unless you have good dps.

2 good tanks, and semi-decent heals and dps are needed for the dogs.
    Good luck, after all, they are the easiest fight in the whole Tier.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenway View Post
    Something is very wrong, as the title suggests.

I think it is a little bit of everything but I'm not sure. Sometimes it's a tank fail, sometimes it's a healer fail, and dps is kinda low.

I had WoL going tonight and i'm not even sure I did it right but here it is: (Can't post url for some stupid reason)

/reports/rt-vzkci79pg1u8vp04/

If you guys can make anything out of this it would be appreciated. Also if you require any more kind of info i'll edit it in.
    This may sound rough but, either you are not geared for it yet or your group is simply not skilled for it.

28-38k hps on stoneguardians is kind of, very low. Minimum should be 40k to make it smooth.
    As for the dps.. ONE of you is doing above 50k..
    ONE is doing above 40k dps.
    The rest is between 30-39k dps.

I just wanna say this. I could do 30-39k dps in Cataclysm.
    Your dps is REALLY INSANELY RIDICILOUSLY LOW!

You had a fight that went on for five minutes... FIVE.
    When we do it our dps goes from 60-130k dps.
    I don't expect your guild's dps to rise from 30k dps to do 100k dps but pushing 70k or even just steady 60k dps SHOULDNT be that hard if the players have any idea whatsoever on what they're doing.

Goodluck.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is an addon on Curse called Stoneguardtauntannouncer I believe that can help if it is your tanks (seems like it). Both tanks need to run it, but it essentially warns you which mob to taunt and whether a taunt is required or not. Other than that, you really just have to have your group not doing dumb things, for instance, my group has a mage and a rogue who like to blink/shadowstep while chained. Often to the detriment of their chain partner. The enrage timer is very generous, so not dying to stupid>a few seconds extra of dps.

Also i agree on the dps being low, just now looked at the logs. Your dps should all be doing a minimum of 50k, not one of your guys doing 50k. I did not check gear, but you either need to gear up your dps, or have them go read about their class a bit. Stoneguard has an easy enrage, but until you improve you will hit a brick wall at the 3rd boss again for sure.
    Last edited by bloodwulf; 2012-12-08 at 06:51 AM.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Attack the dog that has a another beside it, the single one on it's own take 90% less damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    Good luck, after all, they are the easiest fight in the whole Tier.
    I'd disagree with that. Stone guard are the hardest until you hit Elegon. If you have the coordination to take Stone Guard, Feng is mostly about the tanks learning how to handle crystal abilities, Gara'jal is mostly the healers learning how to properly heal spirit realm so that DPS get the best boost possible, and Spirit Kings is obscenely easy compared to Stone Guard coordination.

I wouldn't sweat the comments about damage that much. 40k average is sufficient so long as tanks are taunting right and people avoiding damage so that healers can keep up. It will make the fight dangerously close to enrage timer though. You'll have to pick up the pace if you even want a hope of ever taking Elegon down, however. That fight is far less forgiving about damage meters.

Tanking Stone Guard is extremely easy.

*1 Boss* ----- *1 Boss**1 Boss with the debuff*

#1 Taunt the boss with the debuff to the other side when it has 40 energy.
    #2 Keep the dogs like this if the next debuff comes to the side with 2 dogs
    #3 If the debuff comes to the loner-dog, have the taunt tank the one that just had a debuff
    #4 Keep the dogs like this until the next debuff

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the input guys. I think that addon will save us.

Deleted
    During almost all of your tries atleast 1 of you stood in cobalt mines. Also on most of the tries the people who died earlier than the rest died when they stood in cobalt mines. You shouldn't be standing in them unless theres cobalt petrification.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    stone guard is mechanically harder than a lot of the fights in MSV. but tbh its all about tanks. numbers are a problem though. that dps wont allow them to kill garajal, elegon and they will probably struggle on feng due to him casting too many draw flames and the 3rd phase lasting too long. dps really needs to step up

As most people have mentioned, this fight is all about the tanks since an incorrect overload can easily wipe the raid. If people are dying by cobalt mines and jasper chains, it can easily be fixed. And yes, Feng, Gara'jal and Spirit Kings are mechanically easier than Stone Guard. If you guys are stuck on Stone Guards for 2 months, you guys will be stuck on Elegon for 6 months or so.

With that said, I would really consider finding another guild. It's actually very surprising your group hasn't disbanded yet after two months on one normal boss. I don't want to sound like a douche, but I'm just trying to save you the time and stress. Most people that ACTUALLY come to the forums and do research are the ones that want to progress instead of playing this game as a super casual and expect loot to drop on their lap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by equinocs View Post
    As most people have mentioned, this fight is all about the tanks since an incorrect overload can easily wipe the raid. If people are dying by cobalt mines and jasper chains, it can easily be fixed. And yes, Feng, Gara'jal and Spirit Kings are mechanically easier than Stone Guard. If you guys are stuck on Stone Guards for 2 months, you guys will be stuck on Elegon for 6 months or so.

With that said, I would really consider finding another guild. It's actually very surprising your group hasn't disbanded yet after two months on one normal boss. I don't want to sound like a douche, but I'm just trying to save you the time and stress. Most people that ACTUALLY come to the forums and do research are the ones that want to progress instead of playing this game as a super casual and expect loot to drop on their lap.
    I decided to get geared to tank for our alt run, first night tonight, quite frankly the most frustrating boss to learn in history, just absolutely awful, one mistaunt can destroy the raid, I really got put off from tanking ever again. Im not suprised some guilds are still stuck on this, and yes elegon will really mess these guys up :S

1. Your damage is insanely low. I pull 30k-40k as a healer on some fights. (disc priest)
    2. Your disc priest isn't using his most powerful ability enough. Spirit Shell. This should be his number one source of healing every fight if he uses it right. Tell him to just look up some videos or go to these forums and he'll learn a ton. But one thing he can't do is heal through tards running through colbalt mines and standing puddles lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Syonu View Post
    1. Your damage is insanely low. I pull 30k-40k as a healer on some fights. (disc priest)
    Linky logs pls. I have an ok geared disc priest alt and I'm doing 33k tops on it when I go full out attonement. If I have to stop and spirit shell people then it obviously drops.

10+ Year Old Account
    2 Months on Normal Stone Guard? Wow.

It has to be your tanks. They aren't taunt swapping correctly. Your DPS also looks really really low. If you guys have been stuck for 2 months, considering your raid group has studied the fight, learnt the mechanics, and.. more specifically.. know how to play their class, I think it's time to move on and find a new guild.
    Currently Procrastinating

at our first kill heroic i pulled 212k dps constantly others were at about 80-90k its a big difference when there are no firechains
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Linky logs pls. I have an ok geared disc priest alt and I'm doing 33k tops on it when I go full out attonement. If I have to stop and spirit shell people then it obviously drops.
    http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/242601/

This is my guild's log. I am Syonu, you can see i range anywhere from 30k-40k dps on average while being top heals pretty much every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Syonu View Post
    http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/242601/

This is my guild's log. I am Syonu, you can see i range anywhere from 30k-40k dps on average while being top heals pretty much every time.
    Kinda as I thought, you peak at 30-40k and average low 20's.

dps dps(e)
    38642.7 22710.9

Thats not 40k dps, thats 23k dps over a fight.

Two months on the first raid boss of the entire expansion?

Lol, and people are still showing up?

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Kinda as I thought, you peak at 30-40k and average low 20's.

dps dps(e)
    38642.7 22710.9

Thats not 40k dps, thats 23k dps over a fight.
    HAHA this kiddo