Deleted

Spirit Kings 10m Normal - Tips / Advice.

My guild will be attempting spirit kings within the next week and im looking for information or advice to take on board before the encounter to possibly increase our chances of a one night one kill basis. Any helpful advice welcome at this stage also our raid layout will be posted below but take into consideration our server lacks DPS terribly atm and even trying to recruit a mage has taken us 3 weeks with no success -.-

Tanks - Protection Paladin / Guardian Druid

Healers - Restoration Druid / Discipline Priest / Holy Paladin

Damage - Affliction Warlock / Enhancement Shaman / Assassination Rogue / Survival Hunter / (Random DPS slot)

Not exactly a tip but having Meng pop out last is by far the easiest combo to get when learning the fight.

From memory if your DPS is pretty low the Enrage will be tight on this fight. Dont quote me on that though.

Also, if recruitment on your realm is difficult, you should look at the guild transfer option. My guild did it and it WAS a difficult choice, but after we did it roles that we'd been trying to fill for months were filled within a day or two of our arrival.
    Last edited by DarkPhoenix; 2012-12-08 at 07:07 AM.

Honestly, normal Spirit Kings is the easiest fight this tier. Just watch a video:

The fight is solo-tanked, have your OT go DPS.
    Other than that, just have your core visit numerous sites that teach them to play their classes.. can't think of any other reasons. The fight is extremely easy and we beat the DPS-timer with about 70% left if I recall right.

Solo tank.
    Have assigned DPS AoE during meng's maddening shout to break quick (we have our monk and myself (Spriest)) and make sure everyone stacks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix View Post
    Not exactly a tip but having Meng pop out last is by far the easiest combo to get when learning the fight.

From memory if your DPS is pretty low the Enrage will be tight on this fight. Dont quote me on that though.

Also, if recruitment on your realm is difficult, you should look at the guild transfer option. My guild did it and it WAS a difficult choice, but after we did it roles that we'd been trying to fill for months were filled within a day or two of our arrival.
    Thank You all for your information to far as we have only done 3 raids and gone 2/6 and Gara'Jal almost a kill just looking to stay on the ball without hitting a wall. Reference the guild xfer comment though how does that work if members cant afford the cost of a transfer?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashenz View Post
    My guild will be attempting spirit kings within the next week and im looking for information or advice to take on board before the encounter to possibly increase our chances of a one night one kill basis. Any helpful advice welcome at this stage also our raid layout will be posted below but take into consideration our server lacks DPS terribly atm and even trying to recruit a mage has taken us 3 weeks with no success -.-

Tanks - Protection Paladin / Guardian Druid

Healers - Restoration Druid / Discipline Priest / Holy Paladin

Damage - Affliction Warlock / Enhancement Shaman / Assassination Rogue / Survival Hunter / (Random DPS slot)
    Whichever tank feels less badass gets to dps. Hpal or Resto gets to dps.
    Hard Stack in front for first goober, have everyone run through him as soon as he starts to cast Annihilate.

Spread the hell out for second goober, don't get hit by the third Volley, kill the arrows. Protip: Those arrows can be removed with any cc/stun removal. Any humans can Every Man that shit. Dunno if Escape Artist works.

Spread out for third goober, work out an interrupt pattern. Ideal for your group would be: Tank Ret/Rog Enh, repeat. Ranged get that orb.

On goober 4, everyone loose stack on his ass, and when he does the mind control crap, everyone use any aoe that does not apply a dot. Tank use a good cooldown when he gets above 75 Ragergy (that's rage + energy), when he is running around, have all DPS stop at 50ish (yes this means thumbs up butts) unless they can use major self heals/magic damage reduction. Lock can eat his voidwalker, glyph healthstone, pick anything but Soul Link, and he gets 130% heal over 12sec. Enhance have two cooldowns that can be rotated above 50, Hunter can... uhh... sorry I dunno hunters. Rogue can Cloak at 80. Feint may do something.

First time there i was the only 1 knowing tacts, people asked how hard it was and the other 1 person who had killed it said "its just a trash boss tbh" people wanted to pull w/o knowing tacts due to our time almost being up, we didn't kill it that night, but we got on the last king at around 70% so overall boss health would be something like 20%...

It also has a fixed order now so it should be even easier but;
    - 1 tank fight, other go dps
    - 2 heal, the dmg is very little if everyone avoids, actually solo healed it this week and no 1 was close to dead, made fight easier i.m.o
    - First king, have a marker on tank, all stack on him. Move from annilate by running through the boss as a group, and the flanking orders needs to be called out
    - Arrow king person, 3 ranged spread out from the group to avoid a group pin.
    - The shadow king, assign interupts
    - Meng, have 2/3 people to aoe, DO NOT AOE DOT, so Arcane explosion, monks spining king etc works.
    - Lust on Meng (this is the only 1 you could wipe at tbh).
    - When orb spawns people must react, have all ranged assigned to be swapping to orb.

Thats pretty much it... Unless i forgot something, gl

almost no effort is required for this boss.. its the easiest in mop.. like marrowgar for icc or halfus was for cata.

qianq: stack on the tank for the pull.. avoid annihilate
    meng: stack for maddening shout.. aoe eachother down.
    subtai: avoid pillage(only melee need to worry about this, range should be spread out .. avoid volley and if u are a mage or dk u can break the pinning arrow via blink or IBF
    Zian: the shadow dude is a lil tougher.. kill the orb asap and avoid standing in the shit it drops.. remember all bosses are active..

your dps should just aim to avoid flanking orders and remember to stack on first boss.. and for maddening shout.

Out of all of this probably the most important thing is that not everyone goes nuts on maddening shout. Only assigned people should AoE and then it should be people that don't leave debuffs like diseases. This is also the time the tank wants to make use of cooldowns since the healers won't heal him until they are broken out of it.

It's a fun fight but I agree with the others, easiest of the tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashenz View Post
    Thank You all for your information to far as we have only done 3 raids and gone 2/6 and Gara'Jal almost a kill just looking to stay on the ball without hitting a wall. Reference the guild xfer comment though how does that work if members cant afford the cost of a transfer?
    Its 25 dollars (and 40 odd for the transfer of the guild itself), we had some pretty poor raiders and they still managed the 25 dollars they needed to transfer. If the raiders are really in it to progress and not just get carried to kills they will find a few dollars lying around.