Thread: new mmo to try

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

new mmo to try

Hello,

I am looking for a new mmo to give a go and I wonder what is good to go for? I have tried Aion, Lotro and Rift so far and I don't like Sw:tor

Preferbaly the mmo is f2p aswell, or b2p with trial.

Deleted
    guild wars 2 is very good. not sure if they have a free trial or not though, but its buy once and no sub fee. but definitely a good game.

10+ Year Old Account
    This might be a stupid response, but have you tried wow? F2p until level 20.

Deleted
    Did both WoW and Guild wars II, kinda bored with world of Dailycraft and I did not like Guild wars II

Only GW2 left for you really (edit oh you tried that already), unless you wanna try a indie-MMO, or browser MMO.

Or look into asian-MMO's that aint much known in europe/North America
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    apparently guild wars 2 does have a free trial, but i cant see how to send an invite :<

also yeah, if somehow you haven't ever tried wow, do that :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Planetside 2 is kinda nice. Free MMOFPS. You might be utterly confused when you first try it, as the game doesn't explain itself at all.

Deleted
    You tried the best supported onces out there. I don't like GW2 myself, but it is the last viable option unless you can wait a couple of years till Elder Scrolls Online.

I'm well aware that there many free MMO's out there, and I also tried quiete a few and they are complete shit. Either gameplay is clunky or the support for free to play is terrible...or both ofc. Most free MMORPG's require you to spend shitloads of real money if you want to come even close to compete with others. A common trend is "rich" players in free MMORPG's that just outgear f2p onces so much.

Tbh, just go on any donation private server of WoW...that's how most free to play games are. I'M NOT ADVISING TO PLAY PRIVATE SERVERS, ITS JUST AND EXAMPLE.

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    I would recommend Planetside 2, even though it is a different kind of MMO compared to the ones you've tried earlier. I've found my share of fun. It is also F2P and available at Steam. The one negative thing about the game is that it feels empty unless you join one of many squads, platoons or outfits (which is clans more or less) in order to do the many types of goals in a more strategical manner. I haven't found any outfits myself, but I've joined rather large platoons, and I must say it is a lot of fun! When the commanders are actually leading and everyone follows the commands given ... it ends up being so much fun. I'm not quite sure how many that could be fighting at any given time, but I think it is up towards a couple thousand. I forgot to mention that it is a shooter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    You tried the best supported onces out there. I don't like GW2 myself, but it is the last viable option unless you can wait a couple of years till Elder Scrolls Online.

I'm well aware that there many free MMO's out there, and I also tried quiete a few and they are complete shit. Either gameplay is clunky or the support for free to play is terrible...or both ofc. Most free MMORPG's require you to spend shitloads of real money if you want to come even close to compete with others. A common trend is "rich" players in free MMORPG's that just outgear f2p onces so much.

Tbh, just go on any donation private server of WoW...that's how most free to play games are. I'M NOT ADVISING TO PLAY PRIVATE SERVERS, ITS JUST AND EXAMPLE.

about the pay to play thing, guild wars 2 actually doesn't have this. basically all the stuff you can buy are aesthetics, and some XP boosts. i dont think you can buy top armor/weapons from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Planetside 2 is kinda nice. Free MMOFPS. You might be utterly confused when you first try it, as the game doesn't explain itself at all.
    I literally just started planetside an hour ago, atm it seems like pure carnage. However there is a double exp weekend starting today so I am going to try and persevere and see how many hours it can eat up before i get bored.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeleh View Post
    I literally just started planetside an hour ago, atm it seems like pure carnage. However there is a double exp weekend starting today so I am going to try and persevere and see how many hours it can eat up before i get bored.

its a lot more fun if you play with a few friends or find a decent squad.

i actually made a friend in the game, he was a really good squad leader, and it was a lot of fun with us running around as a group of 7 or so sabotaging bases. the first time i played it, i was playing solo and it got a little boring.

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeleh View Post
    Indeed. And I agree on the hard learning curve. I've played quite few hours now, and I can say that most of the first ones was used standing still trying to find out what the hell I was supposed to do and how stuff worked. After that it is rather nice One more problem with it is that I haven't played a FPS in years and by that I can clearly say that I die a lot.

Deleted
    Meh, so besides the games I mentioned there are no real good options?

Quote Originally Posted by zylathas View Post
    People have given you options

If you tried pretty much all the MMOs out there and didn't like them, then maybe MMOs are just not your thing.

Try Dark Souls or The Witcher 2 or something if you want the hack and slash old world setting. Or if you really want an MMO, try EVE.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    If you tried pretty much all the MMOs out there and didn't like them, then maybe MMOs are just not your thing.

Try Dark Souls or The Witcher 2 or something if you want the hack and slash old world setting. Or if you really want an MMO, try EVE.
    Played WoW for years, but it has been starting to get stale after 8 years.

@ doozerjun, checked out planetside but it's not my cup of tea.

I was wondering, Age of Conan now its f2p is it any fun or is it just bad?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zylathas View Post

there are good options, Guild wars 2 is a very popular game, its F2P once you buy it, no monthly fee. but it is a very good mmo, its not a pay to win like most f2p ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    DCUO is a great mmo, perfectly playable as f2p casual
    Lotro is possible if you don't mind grinding for points after every zone 25+
    Youtube Channel
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Minecraft Map: Valley of Ages(map is out of date)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    there are good options, Guild wars 2 is a very popular game, its F2P once you buy it, no monthly fee. but it is a very good mmo, its not a pay to win like most f2p ones.
    Yeah I played GW II, but I did not like it. First 40 levels are fun but it gets too repeatery after.