Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    I wish Blizzard would separate PvP and PvE already. My spec (resto shaman) always gets nerfed because of PvP.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    The system we have today is far from sound and far from 15 minute worth of dailies. It is simple an extra nuisance. It makes the player go out of their way precisely to get them out of the world for reasons that many would rather not do but are compelled by such awesome rewards. GL is bad but it is not the only one and it isn't the point. The point is that de linking reputations from dungeon grinding has made reputation INSANELY grindy because it's no longer part of something you would naturally be doing anyway. The developers have this ass backwards. THey shouldn't be wanting to throw more grind in your face and call it content. If they want to keep you subbed for a year round they have to do a better job at releasing fresh content, not make the game grindier.
    So tell me, you want to learn the entire story about Garrosh´s downfall, the assassination of Vol´jin.. and all the build-up with the war in KS by wearing a Domination tabard and running Temple of Jade Serpent 20 times?

    How is running the same dungeons 20 times NOT a grind, but doing 5-7 quests per day a grind? The purpose of the dailies is to have people out in the world experience the STORY. If all you want to do is run heroic dungeons, can we replace the graphics used on the mobs and just make them all gnomes? You aren´t playing an RPG any more.. all you want is to play a spreadsheet where you increase an magical ´ilvl´ number by 4.

    I really have to laugh at ´extremely grindy´.... you literally are advocating running the same 8 dungeons for the next 4 months..... or conversely, running 5-8 daily quests which you can easily rotate factions among ( do GL one day, AC the next)..and even if you want to do the same faction every day, there is a good chance the quests will change. But seriously, that is ´extremely grindy´... but running Jade Temple for the 20th time is not? I bear tank heroics whenever there is a CTA for tanks.. it is mindnumbing already.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    So tell me, you want to learn the entire story about Garrosh´s downfall, the assassination of Vol´jin.. and all the build-up with the war in KS by wearing a Domination tabard and running Temple of Jade Serpent 20 times?

    How is running the same dungeons 20 times NOT a grind, but doing 5-7 quests per day a grind? The purpose of the dailies is to have people out in the world experience the STORY. If all you want to do is run heroic dungeons, can we replace the graphics used on the mobs and just make them all gnomes? You aren´t playing an RPG any more.. all you want is to play a spreadsheet where you increase an magical ´ilvl´ number by 4.

    I really have to laugh at ´extremely grindy´.... you literally are advocating running the same 8 dungeons for the next 4 months..... or conversely, running 5-8 daily quests which you can easily rotate factions among ( do GL one day, AC the next)..and even if you want to do the same faction every day, there is a good chance the quests will change. But seriously, that is ´extremely grindy´... but running Jade Temple for the 20th time is not? I bear tank heroics whenever there is a CTA for tanks.. it is mindnumbing already.
    I don't care. At all about the Garroshs downfall or the assassination of vol'jin or any of that tripe. If I did I would go out into the world and look at it. The sad thing is that from a story perspective daily quests totally kill my interest in progressing the story. The quest is fresh and original from a story perspective the first time you do it. The second or third time you resecue joey panda from the mogu up a tree it starts to lose any value it had as a story telling device. It becomes a rerun you've seen one to many times. In any even it's irrelevant because story line should never compromise game play concerns. IF people want story line its their for them. Theirs no reason gear or anything of character progression value should be behind it.

    Running dungeons while wearing a rep tabard was nowhere near as grindy as this bs. In fact even the developers acknowledge this. They don't want people to knock it out of the course of a weekend. They don't want double dipping, which in reality has always been in the game to one extent or another to happen precisely because it was to rewarding and it removed much of the grind and consequently the reason to sub every month from the game.

    No I am not advocating that because I'd be done with those dungeons in about 2 months. I'd still have lfr and alts to gear up if I chose but that's far more enjoyable then being proded with a fucking stick and carrot to get my ass out of the city for 489 gear. I can easily rotate dungeons to. In fact the game does that for you.

  4. #24
    My only complaint on the Wowkemon addon is, why the ugly Gen 3 skin? Gen 3 was the suckiest in the Pokemon game series, would have preferred any older or newer one.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by xezar View Post
    My only complaint on the Wowkemon addon is, why the ugly Gen 3 skin? Gen 3 was the suckiest in the Pokemon game series, would have preferred any older or newer one.
    Just think how awesome a first-gen wowkemon addon would be. Seriously.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    the assassination of vol'jin
    Thanks for the spoiler there
    Arguing with a troll is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what you do or say, he will just knock over the pieces, take a shit on the board and strut around like he won the whole damn thing.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    Thanks for the spoiler there
    Sorry. If it's any consolation it was spoiled for me as well.

  8. #28
    High Overlord Valexie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by xezar View Post
    My only complaint on the Wowkemon addon is, why the ugly Gen 3 skin? Gen 3 was the suckiest in the Pokemon game series, would have preferred any older or newer one.
    That's debatable, depending on which community you ask. I personally like the style of Gen. IV used in HG/SS.

  9. #29
    Uhm, won't that Pokémon addon get banned? It uses typical pokémon stuff, even the music. Is Blizzard content with this? Is Nintendo content with this?

  10. #30
    For some reason, holy priests are no longer considered healers by Blizzard.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    So tell me, you want to learn the entire story about Garrosh´s downfall, the assassination of Vol´jin.. and all the build-up with the war in KS by wearing a Domination tabard and running Temple of Jade Serpent 20 times?

    How is running the same dungeons 20 times NOT a grind, but doing 5-7 quests per day a grind? The purpose of the dailies is to have people out in the world experience the STORY. If all you want to do is run heroic dungeons, can we replace the graphics used on the mobs and just make them all gnomes? You aren´t playing an RPG any more.. all you want is to play a spreadsheet where you increase an magical ´ilvl´ number by 4.

    I really have to laugh at ´extremely grindy´.... you literally are advocating running the same 8 dungeons for the next 4 months..... or conversely, running 5-8 daily quests which you can easily rotate factions among ( do GL one day, AC the next)..and even if you want to do the same faction every day, there is a good chance the quests will change. But seriously, that is ´extremely grindy´... but running Jade Temple for the 20th time is not? I bear tank heroics whenever there is a CTA for tanks.. it is mindnumbing already.
    I don't mind the dailies that much (other than Golden Lotus) and while dungeon running is convenient I do agree with you on the story progression. I would love it if every faction that provides dailies could add/provide to the story of their group in some way. I am enjoying how Dominance Offensive faction is working right now because it's like every couple of days you progress into the story. If Golden Lotus/Klaxxi (had a little bit)/August Celestials (only at friendly so not sure)/Shado-Pan provided more to the story then I'm sure more would enjoy it more.

  12. #32
    Over 9000! Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    9,165
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagonpeak View Post
    Uhm, won't that Pokémon addon get banned? It uses typical pokémon stuff, even the music. Is Blizzard content with this? Is Nintendo content with this?
    It's parody, and, moreover, not being put out for profit.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tonyommi
    No I am not advocating that because I'd be done with those dungeons in about 2 months. I'd still have lfr and alts to gear up if I chose but that's far more enjoyable then being proded with a fucking stick and carrot to get my ass out of the city for 489 gear. I can easily rotate dungeons to. In fact the game does that for you.
    For one, you can get 489 (or better) gear without doing dailies.
    By, you know, actually raiding.
    Or crafting.
    Or the AH.
    Or the BMAH.
    Or by upgrading gear from LFR terrace of Endless spring.

    That's five OTHER ways to get the "precious" 489 gear. Don't be one of those people that complain dailies are required, that argument has been defeated time and time again.

    Reps are their to be done because you want the cosmetic rewards, to see their story, and maybe pick up a piece of filler gear along the way if you don't yet have better. And of course for what it's worth, everyone that didn't bitch about having to do dailies has been exalted with all the factions for a good month or so. If you actually want the rewards, you do the work for them.
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  13. #33
    Immortal Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    7,063
    the assassination of vol'jin
    Watch your language god damn it, some of us aren't that far along yet. <_<

    The only real problem with the daily system is that there is no catchup mechanism, meaning all the weekend type players just get screwed over. Imho it's BAD design. Not because I dislike questing but because if you can't login daily, you're effectively not getting any reward or use for your valor.

  14. #34
    Mechagnome Findus707's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Norway, Trondheim
    Posts
    728
    The WoWkemon addon is bugged, the tutorial resets every battle, and clicking "fight", then attack, is a waste of time, no shortcut / keybindings

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    It's parody, and, moreover, not being put out for profit.



    For one, you can get 489 (or better) gear without doing dailies.
    By, you know, actually raiding.
    Or crafting.
    Or the AH.
    Or the BMAH.
    Or by upgrading gear from LFR terrace of Endless spring.

    That's five OTHER ways to get the "precious" 489 gear. Don't be one of those people that complain dailies are required, that argument has been defeated time and time again.

    Reps are their to be done because you want the cosmetic rewards, to see their story, and maybe pick up a piece of filler gear along the way if you don't yet have better. And of course for what it's worth, everyone that didn't bitch about having to do dailies has been exalted with all the factions for a good month or so. If you actually want the rewards, you do the work for them.
    And yet even the developers have in a very round about sense admitted they are mandatory. They feel GL was a bit much. But why? I mean if it's all optional what does it matter? They could give you unlimited grind and none of it would matter because well it's all optional right? Being optional or not is ultimately irellevant. The problem is that doing them is a fucking choire period. The methods you list are almost as bad as dailies. The require massive amounts of gold farming, or valor farming which itself is also SLOW AND GRINDY this expansion.

    Reps, more specifically dailies have always precisely had nothing but cosmetic rewards and story behind them. Now they have much more and people don't like it. Dailies are the worst of the worst in terms of grind and are akin to working at some low wage low paying menial job that is not only a drudgery it isn't even challenging. I want the rewards, I'm not willing to do THAT work for them so I left the game. They removed a perfectly reasonable and rewarding way to play the game all for not. I hope telling everyone to go slow bites them in the ass so hard.

  16. #36
    Over 9000! Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    9,165
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    And yet even the developers have in a very round about sense admitted they are mandatory.
    Every thing I've seen from them has been them saying they AREN'T mandatory.

    They feel GL was a bit much. But why? I mean if it's all optional what does it matter? They could give you unlimited grind and none of it would matter because well it's all optional right? Being optional or not is ultimately irellevant. The problem is that doing them is a fucking choire period. The methods you list are almost as bad as dailies. The require massive amounts of gold farming, or valor farming which itself is also SLOW AND GRINDY this expansion.
    They've always been slow and grindy. They were slow and grindy in the "glorious" BC days. In WotLK, the only reps that used tabards were pointless as their gear was easily replaced and for cosmetic reasons only. Everything else required dailies (Argent tournament ring a bell?) or were raid reps.


    Reps, more specifically dailies have always precisely had nothing but cosmetic rewards and story behind them. Now they have much more and people don't like it. Dailies are the worst of the worst in terms of grind and are akin to working at some low wage low paying menial job that is not only a drudgery it isn't even challenging.
    Do the words "obsidian warbeads" mean anything to you?

    I want the rewards, I'm not willing to do THAT work for them so I left the game.
    Then you admit that you're whining.

    "Oh, I want the gladiator mount, but it's absolutely stupid that blizzard would force me to do PvP to get it"
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2012-12-09 at 02:17 AM.
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  17. #37
    They should change unused talents in 5.2.

    As a balance druid i have no use for Soul of the Forest because it screws the timings and Dream of Cenarius is too complicated to be used effectively (and Nature's Vigil aligns too good with other cooldowns)


  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Every thing I've seen from them has been them saying they AREN'T mandatory.


    They've always been slow and grindy. They were slow and grindy in the "glorious" BC days. In WotLK, the only reps that used tabards were pointless as their gear was easily replaced and for cosmetic reasons only. Everything else required dailies (Argent tournament ring a bell?) or were raid reps.



    Do the words "obsidian warbeads" mean anything to you?


    Then you admit that you're whining.

    "Oh, I want the gladiator mount, but it's absolutely stupid that blizzard would force me to do PvP to get it"
    Yea I didn't do a single fucking ogrila daily or shatari daily primarily because they had no gear. Putting gear behind dailies is bad. I don't know how else how to simplify this concept. I don't admit I'm whining, because I don't think reasonable criticism is whining. Reputation grinding hasn't always been slow and grindy, or this slow and grindy. It has always been tied to an activity I would be doing anyway and has never felt this obnoxious. You people seem to think that everything is perfect in Blizzard land and no changes should be brooked. Just give it time, theyll bleed enough subs and we'll be back to something better in the next expansion. At least I hope we will. They may just be completely out of ideas at this point.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Yea I didn't do a single fucking ogrila daily or shatari daily primarily because they had no gear. Putting gear behind dailies is bad. I don't know how else how to simplify this concept. I don't admit I'm whining, because I don't think reasonable criticism is whining. Reputation grinding hasn't always been slow and grindy, or this slow and grindy. It has always been tied to an activity I would be doing anyway and has never felt this obnoxious. You people seem to think that everything is perfect in Blizzard land and no changes should be brooked. Just give it time, theyll bleed enough subs and we'll be back to something better in the next expansion. At least I hope we will. They may just be completely out of ideas at this point.
    See,that is the really stupid part of your argument ´putting gear behind dailies´.. you do realize that NOBODY needs the daily rep reward gear except people who don´t raid. And if you don´t raid, then what else are you going to be doing but questing ( or pvp which gives it´s own gear). This is the point the devs have made over and over.. and that stupid people still do not understand. Rep gear is for non-raiders... if you are raiding, you are getting your gear through boss drops mainly, but then you have alternatives if you are unlucky.. those alternatives include LFR, crafting and daily reps... but those are alternatives.

    Rep gear is mainly there for people who don´t raid, don´t pvp, but still want gear progression.

    This ´daily grind´ argument is absolutely stupid. There is no reason for anyone to do more than one quest hub per day... You simply do not have the valor to buy anything. Your argument just paints yourself in a corner. You say you ´need´ rep gear... which means you don´t raid, because raiders don´t need rep gear.. and at the same time you say you don´t want to quest, and you don´t want to pvp for gear.. so what exactly do you do with your gametime? Literally, the ONLY thing you are doing is heroic dungeons?.. you want all your gametime to be for heroic dungeons to the point that doing 5-8 daily quests (15-20 mins) is just unbearable... really?

    I really want to know what you do with your game that you feel you ´need´ rep gear, but don´t have the 15 mins to do a quest hub each day? Is that your argument, that it is unfair that a person who does not raid, and does not do quests cannot get rep gear? Seriously, I do 1 rep hub (dom now), sha and terrace every week on LFR and 1 herioc per day (if CTA pops for tanks).. that is it..and I am like 490 right now. Since MoP launched, I never did more than two rep hubs in the same day. I just can´t figure out what exactly you want to do with your gametime..

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    See,that is the really stupid part of your argument ´putting gear behind dailies´.. you do realize that NOBODY needs the daily rep reward gear except people who don´t raid. And if you don´t raid, then what else are you going to be doing but questing ( or pvp which gives it´s own gear). This is the point the devs have made over and over.. and that stupid people still do not understand. Rep gear is for non-raiders... if you are raiding, you are getting your gear through boss drops mainly, but then you have alternatives if you are unlucky.. those alternatives include LFR, crafting and daily reps... but those are alternatives.

    Rep gear is mainly there for people who don´t raid, don´t pvp, but still want gear progression.

    This ´daily grind´ argument is absolutely stupid. There is no reason for anyone to do more than one quest hub per day... You simply do not have the valor to buy anything. Your argument just paints yourself in a corner. You say you ´need´ rep gear... which means you don´t raid, because raiders don´t need rep gear.. and at the same time you say you don´t want to quest, and you don´t want to pvp for gear.. so what exactly do you do with your gametime? Literally, the ONLY thing you are doing is heroic dungeons?.. you want all your gametime to be for heroic dungeons to the point that doing 5-8 daily quests (15-20 mins) is just unbearable... really?

    I really want to know what you do with your game that you feel you ´need´ rep gear, but don´t have the 15 mins to do a quest hub each day? Is that your argument, that it is unfair that a person who does not raid, and does not do quests cannot get rep gear? Seriously, I do 1 rep hub (dom now), sha and terrace every week on LFR and 1 herioc per day (if CTA pops for tanks).. that is it..and I am like 490 right now. Since MoP launched, I never did more than two rep hubs in the same day. I just can´t figure out what exactly you want to do with your gametime..
    Dunno which planet where do you play and live, but -based on my guild, which is an average raiding guild, nothing serious- raiders NEED those fking rep gears. At least average and lower for sure.
    To make the dailies a "must be done" thing was one of the most boring and terrible idea. GL is simply beyond (or lower?)everything what I`ve seen so far (started in 2005..) However the rep tabard and insta runs over and over was not a good idea either. It`s simply doing the same thing just in a different way and -which is the most terrible- only one way...no options, no alternatives.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •