Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Stood in the Fire Senedra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    361
    um vanilla was was grinding hell compared to now sooo >.>
    . i'ma ust leave now since i've got pet battles to level

  2. #42
    gggrrrrrrrrrr for the love of god fire kalgan already!!!! he is ruining the game!!!!! his fail coding breaks everything. once he is gone GC can fix the clusterfuck kalgan created.

  3. #43
    Warchief Velshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    One with the Light
    Posts
    2,162
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Yea I didn't do a single fucking ogrila daily or shatari daily primarily because they had no gear. Putting gear behind dailies is bad. I don't know how else how to simplify this concept. I don't admit I'm whining, because I don't think reasonable criticism is whining. Reputation grinding hasn't always been slow and grindy, or this slow and grindy. It has always been tied to an activity I would be doing anyway and has never felt this obnoxious. You people seem to think that everything is perfect in Blizzard land and no changes should be brooked. Just give it time, theyll bleed enough subs and we'll be back to something better in the next expansion. At least I hope we will. They may just be completely out of ideas at this point.
    Sorry to say this but if your main reason to farm dailies is for the shiny and epic gears then again sorry but the genre of an RPG is not for you...some players there (including me) do dailies to progress the story for the sake of them for the sake of storyline not because of loot or shiny because this is a role playing game it's not just numbers and stats it's also a story telling. Wearing tabard and running dungeons for a certain faction is a poor way to tell the story in game of that certain faction which is the main reason why Blizzard changed that in MoP. Also no one said Blizzard is perfect they will never be perfect...examples will be, for me personally I really didn't like the feature of flying mount in Azeroth specially at the start of Cataclysm expansion not even require to get max lvl, and so many things. Also I have one question to you if you really think rep atm is so grindy and so slow? then tell me this...what is the fun when you get everything to exalted in mere of hours per day then you get everytihng you want from all factions so fast...what is the fun of that? in fact this will breed nothing but burned out players which we see everyday stuff like " I did everything in the game atm...I'm bored blizz lazy bring more content please I feel it's like cata expansion again !! ra ra ra"

    Hope you understand what I mean now.
    Last edited by Velshin; 2012-12-09 at 09:08 AM.

  4. #44
    Pandaren Monk Doorsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The flaws in your argument
    Posts
    1,782
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    See,that is the really stupid part of your argument ´putting gear behind dailies´.. you do realize that NOBODY needs the daily rep reward gear except people who don´t raid. And if you don´t raid, then what else are you going to be doing but questing ( or pvp which gives it´s own gear). This is the point the devs have made over and over.. and that stupid people still do not understand. Rep gear is for non-raiders... if you are raiding, you are getting your gear through boss drops mainly, but then you have alternatives if you are unlucky.. those alternatives include LFR, crafting and daily reps... but those are alternatives.

    Rep gear is mainly there for people who don´t raid, don´t pvp, but still want gear progression.

    This ´daily grind´ argument is absolutely stupid. There is no reason for anyone to do more than one quest hub per day... You simply do not have the valor to buy anything. Your argument just paints yourself in a corner. You say you ´need´ rep gear... which means you don´t raid, because raiders don´t need rep gear.. and at the same time you say you don´t want to quest, and you don´t want to pvp for gear.. so what exactly do you do with your gametime? Literally, the ONLY thing you are doing is heroic dungeons?.. you want all your gametime to be for heroic dungeons to the point that doing 5-8 daily quests (15-20 mins) is just unbearable... really?

    I really want to know what you do with your game that you feel you ´need´ rep gear, but don´t have the 15 mins to do a quest hub each day? Is that your argument, that it is unfair that a person who does not raid, and does not do quests cannot get rep gear? Seriously, I do 1 rep hub (dom now), sha and terrace every week on LFR and 1 herioc per day (if CTA pops for tanks).. that is it..and I am like 490 right now. Since MoP launched, I never did more than two rep hubs in the same day. I just can´t figure out what exactly you want to do with your gametime..
    Right - Let's break this down a bit so you can see exactly how flawed your argument is.

    1. "you do realize that NOBODY needs the daily rep reward gear except people who don´t raid" I have raided constantly for 5 weeks solid approx, having a prog of MSV 6/6, HoF 6/6 and 3/4 ToES. And i still yield a off-hand (replaced my main hand not so long ago) sword from Klaxxi exalted - As an actual DPS weapon in lack of anything else. Unless you straight up DENY peoples existence, you are completely and utterly wrong.

    2."Rep gear is for non-raiders... if you are raiding, you are getting your gear through boss drops mainly, but then you have alternatives if you are unlucky.. those alternatives include LFR, crafting and daily reps... but those are alternatives." - They do not become alternatives when loot simply does not drop.
    When under the effect of an RNG system - it can become simple facts that these items from daily factions can provide to be very good for a long time.

    To my tanking set (Which i have approx 484) I still yield the Klaxxi exalted ring for example - Which still even more renders your "Raiders don't need it" point absolutely MOOT. It is a fallacy and a very poor excuse to convince anyone that this would be the case because you are simply not having the numbers nor logic to logistically support it.

    3."Rep gear is mainly there for people who don´t raid, don´t pvp, but still want gear progression." - Did you know that the Shieldwall faction added in 5.1 has the BiS trinket for warrior DPS? Seeing how all other trinkets are simply Strength haste, where of Haste is the worst stat for Warriors - Carbonic Carbuncle (a heroic trinket) was only outmatched by Lei Shi's final orders HC version - from Will of the Emperor HC. This means that not only is it FOR raiders, but it's the BEST trinket for a specific class in raiding. Rendering your point even MORE moot. At this point it's getting kind of ironic that you are even calling people out on being "stupid" - When your point has so many holes that it's a freaking swizz cheese.

    4."You simply do not have the valor to buy anything." - Let me get this straight. You need 1.5k VP for each Epic gear piece, to fully upgrade it - And even more so - you can still BUY vp gear pieces that are upgrades overall, if you do not yield the epic gear already.

    Do i even have to mention how absurdly wrong this point is by now? You are just pulling stuff out from a endless hat and saying "Haha, an argument!" - That's not how it works.

    5.Literally, the ONLY thing you are doing is heroic dungeons?.. you want all your gametime to be for heroic dungeons to the point that doing 5-8 daily quests (15-20 mins) is just unbearable... really?

    At what point do you believe that person does HC's only? Do you have any proof for this? By all means he probably did LFR as well. But putting that aside - there was not 5-8 Dailys a day that was the daily grind. In the beginning i did every single faction every single day. This surrmounted to perhaps up against 20-25 Dailys PER DAY. Any sane normal being who does not favor repetition does not ENJOY this in the long run. Enough said.

  5. #45
    Immortal Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    7,802
    Rep gear is mainly there for people who don´t raid, don´t pvp, but still want gear progression.
    You're obviously incapable of comprehending the difference between "it's mandatory" and "it feels mandatory".

    Raiding is a social experience. If your Officers & Raidleads tell you that they want to see people working on their reps and getting the 489s then it becomes mandatory if you want to keep your raid spot.
    This is even more of an issue if a guild is struggling with enrage timers. (e.g.: elegon) where every bit helps.

    Hell my raidlead even wants me to use the 300 stat food once we're in heroic modes. I told him that from a mathematical PoV this is utter bullshit and wasted play time b/c no one can see the effect of 25 stats, but the didn't want to hear it. And I bet he isn't the only one thinking like that.

    The "it feels mandatory" has been acknowledged by the devs and they said it was unintentional.

  6. #46
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    You're obviously incapable of comprehending the difference between "it's mandatory" and "it feels mandatory".

    Raiding is a social experience. If your Officers & Raidleads tell you that they want to see people working on their reps and getting the 489s then it becomes mandatory if you want to keep your raid spot.
    If you don't want to do whatever is necessary to help your guild, regardless if it's a genuine time issue or simply "cba", then the guild is clearly not for you. That goes double if you fundamentally disagree with the guild/raid leaders, "my guild makes me" is a pretty dumb argument.

  7. #47
    Does anyone even realize how cheesy and dumb this WoWkemon addon is? I really hope whoever made it gets sued and has to live on the street for how stupid that addon is...

  8. #48
    The Patient Lumennon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    In the darkest corner with the best view
    Posts
    252
    Quote Originally Posted by Forian View Post
    Does anyone even realize how cheesy and dumb this WoWkemon addon is? I really hope whoever made it gets sued and has to live on the street for how stupid that addon is...
    I'm not too fond of it, either, but it's nice to see you're not being overly dramatic about the whole thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    There's this concept called "fun." I know it's foreign to most of the people on this forum, but perhaps you should look into it; there's a school of thought that suggests it's integral to why people play games.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Forian View Post
    Does anyone even realize how cheesy and dumb this WoWkemon addon is? I really hope whoever made it gets sued and has to live on the street for how stupid that addon is...
    chilton should be thrown out on the street for fail broken coding.

  10. #50
    Stood in the Fire Tybudd33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Cali baby
    Posts
    400
    "Hey Guys, Nick here. Today @#rwerjk@$k@#j$@#f at something a bit out of...."

    WTF was that???

    BTW this had to be the most Gawd-terribad Addon ever, and for it to be on the front page........

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •