Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

LFR queueing changed to the worse

There was a ninja change in 5.1 to remove the 0/6 Display on the raid status .. now, when you have only to kill the last boss, you have no way to see which raid to join and so you end up in a lot of new raids. Which a lot of people quit on sight since that is not what they want.

But if you go that way you get a undeserved Deserter-Debuff ...

So right now, instead of quiting the raid, more and more people just strip their cloths and go afk, waiting till their boss arrives.

I was yesterday in LFR and got a DC on the Sha of Anger. I tried 8 times to just kill that boss just to end up in a new raid each time. The last time, just now, we had 10 nude people sitting in the entrance, waiting to be kicked so they can enqueue again .. but each time you kicked one you got a new nude one .. in the end the raid disbanded ...

EDIT: It seems that a lot people answer without reading what i wrote. At least in my case it's not about just wanting to kill the last boss only. It was about doing the raid 1h getting a DC on the last Boss .. and Blizz tries to force me to spend another hour just "for the fun of it" .. and I don't like that ... especially since that was a underhanded ninja change that doesn't solve any problem ...

And yes, you will see it my way once that happen to you too ...
    Last edited by mmocd858e13a73; 2012-12-08 at 05:43 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Petraca View Post
    But if you go that way you get a undeserved Deserter-Debuff ...
    You mean, a deserved deserter debuff.

Blizzard need to introduce some mechanism that recognises when people are afking like this and kicks them with an extended deserter debuff so that the people who are actually playing don't need to waste their vote kicks on them. What pathetic behaviour. If you don't want to play, drop the raid and accept the debuff.

Still, at least you're original, most of the crying about the removal of the display has been from people who only want fresh runs.

just shows what dickheads some people are.

Quote Originally Posted by fruust View Post
    just shows what dickheads some people are.
    No it just shows that people are not happy, and blizzard isn't listening.. they made it worse rather than fixing it. If they really wanted to fix it, give a roll chance for people that have killed a boss already... or satchel or something to make me want to waste my time carrying baddies.
    "You take 4,994,468 boredom damage from daily quests.... You have died."

I don't know what all the fuss is about.

100% of the time if I get a split raid, say on the last boss, when I requeue I will get the first two. The system is smart, it sees what you have and haven't looted for the week and tries its hardest to place you in the appropriate groups.

Now if the gripe here is that you ONLY EVER want to fight the last boss, fucking tough. Do all three (or four) and be happy with your 30 gold from the earlier bosses. You aren't 'carrying' anyone. LFR is a joke. Some people put such a sense of importance on their own damn heads...I swear...
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Get real bro, if walkers bite Daryl, they become Daryl's.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremmon View Post
    No it just shows that people are not happy, and blizzard isn't listening.. they made it worse rather than fixing it. If they really wanted to fix it, give a roll chance for people that have killed a boss already... or satchel or something to make me want to waste my time carrying baddies.
    Chances are 24 other people are saying the same about you. So why should you be rewarded over them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bremmon View Post
    No it just shows that people are not happy, and blizzard isn't listening..
    No, it shows people are assholes, Blizzard or not Blizzard. The former is the source, not Blizzard.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

I don't see the problem I got dced at sha 2 weeks ago. Que-d up again had a fresh new raid completed it and killed sha. That's just how it works. The only thing the queing system does is if you get the last boss first you'll get a fresh new raid the next time so you can leave halfway when you killed all the bosses.

So I don't play wow (anymore) - and I knew this change was going in... don't see how it's a "ninja change".

Deleted
    People only seem to be able to think for themselves and don't get how a system like theirs would collapse. They want:
    - Fresh runs for all bosses in 1 go or just loot of first boss whenever they want.
    - Runs in progress for only last boss loot and/or valor points.
    - Instant replacements for people that leave/dc.
    - Not ever having to do bosses in a different order than 1-2-3.
    - Etc.

Do you not get how it works? The other 24 are also people, also would rather have everything fit to their needs in lfr but that's just impossible. The current system is pretty much as good as it gets if you ask me, and the only solution to please more people would be to just cut t14 in 16 different instances/bosses. You can't have everything.

Deleted
    would love some sorta activity moniter that could see the peeps who where sat there afk or just autoattacking the bosses. Punishments could range from no loot for that boss to no lfr for that week.

Give us option to sign ONLY for raids with X number of bosses down or FRESH ONLY. This way you wont get invited until a spots open for the boss you need.

I usually get pissed when I end up in a raid with bosses down on my alts, because then I have to queue for 30 minutes again afterwards to get fresh raid and finish the bosses I missed. And there is actually people out there who would LOVE to join in progress raids just to get their valor or whatever.
    Last edited by Nelle; 2012-12-08 at 06:31 PM.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    Give us option to sign ONLY for raids with X number of bosses down or FRESH ONLY. This way you wont get unvited until a spots open from the boss you need.

I usually get pissed when I end up in a raid with bosses down on my alts, because then I have to queue for 30 minutes again afterwards to get fresh raid and finish the bosses I missed. And there is actually people out there who would LOVE to join in progress raids just to get their valor or whatever.
    So just curious when did it change previously so that it was guaranteed you would always get a fresh run after the first popped that had bosses down if you chose not to take the invite?

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    So just curious when did it change previously so that it was guaranteed you would always get a fresh run after the first popped that had bosses down if you chose not to take the invite?
    They made that change in 5.1 afaik. If you finish a raid you ALWAYS get a fresh run next time. But the fact that you have to wait ANOTHER 30 minutes in queue suck donkey, and is major fail. If you finished a raid you should be able to INSTANTLY join a fresh raid to finish what you missed.

And this bites its own tail. I leave emediately after the bosses I missed first times are down, and then someone else gets into my half done raid and he will most likely do the same and it goes over and over and over. If they add option for people to ONLY join almost done raids with bosses down this problem will be deminished. Those people will help fill out the gaps.

They made that change in 5.1 afaik. If you finish a raid you ALWAYS get a fresh run next time. But the fact that you have to wait ANOTHER 30 minutes in queue suck donkey, and is major fail. If you finished a raid you should be able to INSTANTLY join a fresh raid to finish what you missed.
    OK now read my post. See how you aren't really saving yourself any time. And that change was made long before 5.0 hit, 4.3.4 if I remember correctly.

The only scenarios in which only the last boss is needed is either you left a raid voluntarily or you were kicked, both of which are probably within your own responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    The only scenarios in which only the last boss is needed is either you left a raid voluntarily or you were kicked, both of which are probably within your own responsibility.
    No its also for those who want the valor and don't give a flying fuck about the low level loot.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    To begin with - LFR aint fun

@OP: You got options. Do like me - Dont do LFR. its easy.

And then your wowlife will be better&more fun right? -

No its also for those who want the valor and don't give a flying fuck about the low level loot.
    Let´s see...am i going to do an LFD for 80 VPs, which probably takes me 20 minutes including queues, or am i doing lfr which might take 40-60 minutes for 10 VPs more? Hmm, i just don´t know which one to choose.

you can´t expect 24 people to do all the "work" and sneak in to get the reward without any effort. LFR-Queues are fine. People who join an instance with bosses down are rewarded with VPs and a fresh run afterwards, if given the option to join only fresh raids you could esily cancel every raid when people leave.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    If you afk for more than 5 min there should be an auto-prompt VTK on the afk person that does not count against your VTK.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven