10+ Year Old Account

Soloing Tempest Keep problems

so I am a level 88 with wtv best gear I can find.
    I have heard people soloing this guy at level 85 so it should be possible with whatever I have.
    the 4 generals are no problem my problem is with keal'thas himself.

please relay to me a strategy and things to do to kill this guide.
    thank you.

EDIT:
    ty, for your suggestions. I tried again and failed and asked a guildy to help me.
    anyways I am going to aim for 90 first then get whatever blue and epic I can get then do this again.

I am running this place for the transmog items, I am also running MC and BWL. for both Lawbringer and Judgement I only need the pants, boots, belt and only the chest for Judgement. has anyone gotten these items before (preferable recently)? whats the drop rate like? WoWhead says 20% which is pretty high but the few comments down there say they have been running this for months with them not ever dropping.
    I was wondering if anyone who has farmed this stuff before can tell me how it went for them.
    Last edited by Toho; 2012-12-09 at 04:16 PM.

Deleted
    It's rng based since you dont know when he disorients you in last phase. Save bubble and heal as often as possible. At 90 i can tank the debuff and a FoL tops me off. Just heal after every pyroblast.

Or get 90, that makes it signifacantly easier.
    Last edited by mmoc64d2313849; 2012-12-08 at 07:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I try, I really do but I don't have enough Mana or Points to really get it done...
    the furthest I have gotten him is 50%

10+ Year Old Account
    "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that".
    Bill Shankly
    "You're playing worse and worse every day and right now you're playing like it's next month".
    Herb Brooks

15+ Year Old Account
    What spec are you?

I'd also just complete the gap to 90 (easier said than done sometimes, I know). Once at 90 with a higher health pool, level 90 talents and more damage you'll get further along.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Really helps to know what spec you are for doing this, as I imagine that protection has better self-healing than retribution, plus it's less of a trade off to use the shield from the weapons phase. Only general tips I can give are:

1. Make sure you're Hit and Exp capped (7.5% each)
    2. Only use your Ruthless/Cataclysmic Glaidator's PvP movement freeing trinket if you've been disoriented and you're now standing on a flamestrike.
    3. Don't stand in the flamestrike, as there's that tiny chance it explodes and hits you for 150k or so damage.
    4. Disrupts occur about every 30 seconds, so you can anticipate when it's going to happen. If Kael is about to spam pyroblasts and he hasn't disrupted in a while, you can be pretty sure that when you interrupt/he gets 3 casts off he will instantly disrupt.
    5. Pushing to phase 5 should be a cakewalk. Don't stand in the nethervapors and you'll be fine.

Before MoP launched, I was soloing Kael regularly on 4 characters (Feral, Blood, Prot Warrior, Combat) , and once on a shadow priest just to experience an exercise in futility. From what I remember reading at the time, Prot Paladin was supposed to be easier than Prot Warrior to do due to their self healing.
    Last edited by Trubo; 2012-12-08 at 08:51 PM.

While there were definitely folks doing this at level 85 through simple cheesed fight mechanics (that I've had to follow through at 90 to solo what with the adds after they are rezed) do remember that stats have different benefit at max level than they do while leveling.

Let's say you're in BiS gear from Dragon Soul but you're level 87, at this point you're getting less benefit point for point from crit, haste, mastery and every single other secondary stat. You're probably not hit capped and generally your life will be in pain.

Now you can try buying a full set of adventurers gear and getting some dungeon blues - shadopan monastery should be open by this point among others that offer some 450 gear. But really your best bet is to get to 90, get your itemization squared away, then go back in.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Really helps to know what spec you are for doing this, as I imagine that protection has better self-healing than retribution, plus it's less of a trade off to use the shield from the weapons phase. Only general tips I can give are:

1. Make sure you're Hit and Exp capped (7.5% each)
    2. Only use your Ruthless/Cataclysmic Glaidator's PvP movement freeing trinket if you've been disoriented and you're now standing on a flamestrike.
    3. Don't stand in the flamestrike, as there's that tiny chance it explodes and hits you for 150k or so damage.
    4. Disrupts occur about every 30 seconds, so you can anticipate when it's going to happen. If Kael is about to spam pyroblasts and he hasn't disrupted in a while, you can be pretty sure that when you interrupt/he gets 3 casts off he will instantly disrupt.
    5. Pushing to phase 5 should be a cakewalk. Don't stand in the nethervapors and you'll be fine.

Before MoP launched, I was soloing Kael regularly on 4 characters (Feral, Blood, Prot Warrior, Combat) , and once on a shadow priest just to experience an exercise in futility. From what I remember reading at the time, Prot Paladin was supposed to be easier than Prot Warrior to do due to their self healing.
    You're using the legendary weapons there? Not needed at all, just go with seal of insight and a pvp trinket and nuke. keep yourself topped at all times and it should be good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninji
    "lets loose quik" is the only alliance pride I am aware of

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Although I am not 90 yet, I can understand the reason to become max level first. I remember the old days when I started solo-ing things and run into some trouble, but then get max level (which was only 2-3 more levels) and suddenly have twice the power and health sometimes.
    It does make a difference!

Plus, you'll be getting better gear, which helps too and you might even like it so much you start doing dungeons and HC's for even better gear, ergo more awesomeness!

You should be able to do it fairly easy with just about anything you have on.

Take the cosmic infuser along the way so he does 50% less damage to you, I can't imagine him doing much more damage to you than a regular level 88 mob.

10+ Year Old Account
    ty, for your suggestions. I tried again and failed and asked a guildy to help me.
    anyways I am going to aim for 90 first then get whatever blue and epic I can get then do this again.

I am running this place for the transmog items, I am also running MC and BWL. for both Lawbringer and Judgement I only need the pants, boots, belt and only the chest for Judgement. has anyone gotten these items before (preferable recently)? whats the drop rate like? WoWhead says 20% which is pretty high but the few comments down there say they have been running this for months with them not ever dropping.
    I was wondering if anyone who has farmed this stuff before can tell me how it went for them.
    Last edited by Toho; 2012-12-09 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cariboulou View Post
    You're using the legendary weapons there? Not needed at all, just go with seal of insight and a pvp trinket and nuke. keep yourself topped at all times and it should be good.
    I use the weapons because it makes it faster to kill kael than just brute forcing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get to 90 for starters I soloed Kael this week as ret (470 ilvl). The key part is to separate the adds slightly, then in P3, burn the mage ASAP under bubble, wings and w/e other offensive CDs you can spare. Everything else is just pewpew. Use LOH after P3 and some FOL casts and maybe a bandage during the P4/P5 transition and it's pretty much GG.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Get to 90 for starters I soloed Kael this week as ret (470 ilvl). The key part is to separate the adds slightly, then in P3, burn the mage ASAP under bubble, wings and w/e other offensive CDs you can spare. Everything else is just pewpew. Use LOH after P3 and some FOL casts and maybe a bandage during the P4/P5 transition and it's pretty much GG.
    my problem is the pyro blasts that he does, the 4 generals are easy to do.
    but yea, getting a 90 is the plan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    my problem is the pyro blasts that he does, the 4 generals are easy to do.
    but yea, getting a 90 is the plan.
    Once you'll get to 90, he will only do 1 pyro (maybe 2) before going to P4/P5 transition.
    On my Frost DK (460 ilvl), there is no pyro
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    I am also running MC and BWL. for both Lawbringer and Judgement I only need the pants, boots, belt and only the chest for Judgement. has anyone gotten these items before (preferable recently)? whats the drop rate like? WoWhead says 20% which is pretty high but the few comments down there say they have been running this for months with them not ever dropping.
    I started farming Judgement set at the start of this expack and Lawbringer about 3-4 weeks ago.

So far I've got helm/shoulders/chest/hands/boots of Judgement and helm/shoulders/gloves/boots of Lawbringer.

So yeah, take from that what you will (although if you just need judgement chest, I suggest just wearing a tabard).