Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Revik View Post
    Absolutely not. People said that SWTOR's PvP was bad because it had too much CC. Well I just resubbed back to SWTOR for PvP. What do you think that tells you about the state of CC in WoW?
    Nah, the only thing bad with ToR's PvP was Huttball and it's reliance on stacking Guardian/Juggernaut and Sage/Sorcerer for knockbacks. That and the Engine couldn't handle more than about 20 people at once before it rolled over and died.

OT: Yeah, PvP's pretty meh right now. I suggest playing something like Forge or just finding another MMO to fill your days up.

Quote Originally Posted by Thassarian View Post
    Nah, the only thing bad with ToR's PvP was Huttball
    Well this is why it's pointless to ask if it's worth it to play a game for its PvP. Tastes differ. To me, Huttball was the most amazingly fun PvP I've ever seen in an MMO and if SWToR was just that I'd never play another MMO. Huttball was probably the best mode of play I've ever seen in any video game.

I was kind of hoping Blizzard would rip off Huttball for MoP but no, we just have bot infested random bgs and the same rbgs with mechanics leading to 10 minutes of waiting for 30 seconds of action. But for anyone coming back to WoW it's all simple:

Random bgs are worse garbage than they've ever been with a really bad bot epidemic

Rbgs are the same

Arena is the same balance nightmare as it has always been, this time it's all about burst and the ton of short cd stuns and dumbed down silences they gave everyone... but they'll change that formula by the end of MoP and then it'll be the rule of some other single idea

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Wait a month or two, then ask again. Things are kinda messed up right now.
    Don't forget that once they make these slight adjustments to balance the game... the classes to whom they gave buffs will be the ones who are overpowered and the former imba ones will be supplanted. Thus continuing the vicious cycle.

Alright, thanks for the replies. I guess I'll check out SWTOR now that it is F2P. Maybe check back when 5.2 hits, whenever that is.

Sometimes I wonder why Blizzard doesn't just rebalance every class for PvP, meaning you choose a "mode" -- PvP or PvE mode, with modified talents and spells and such that work better in PvP versus PvE environments.

Bots in WoW are a serious problem now outside of trade chat? I never remembered them being a major problem before.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    well if u play in europe, the chances than more then half your team being bots is pretty good.

Perfect time to return if you are botting for Pvp gear.. Otherwise you may want to just roll your face on the keyboard for fun.

Deleted
    If for you PvP is Arena and Rated Battlegrounds -> it is worth coming back
    If you like world pvp -> it is worth coming back.

If you like random battlegrounds -> not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Timun View Post
    Alright, thanks for the replies. I guess I'll check out SWTOR now that it is F2P. Maybe check back when 5.2 hits, whenever that is.

Sometimes I wonder why Blizzard doesn't just rebalance every class for PvP, meaning you choose a "mode" -- PvP or PvE mode, with modified talents and spells and such that work better in PvP versus PvE environments.

Bots in WoW are a serious problem now outside of trade chat? I never remembered them being a major problem before.
    Bots have been farming ores and herbs since classic They "ruin" random battlegrounds during the night.
    Last edited by mmoc78c97bc234; 2012-12-09 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Demidov View Post
    No.

10 Chars
    I should probably extend my reply on this.

Back when I played(two weeks ago before 5.1), all battlegrounds were 60% bots, and Blizzard didn't seem to care to ban anyone. People found an addon that would allow them to queue with other people from different realms, but then they banned the addon and left the bots alone. Alright fair, it wasn't fun for the noob party to get crushed by the premade, but they left the bots alone.

Damage is out of control right now, and there's not much you can do to stop it. They implemented some changes in 5.1. but I can't comment as much because I haven't played it, but apparently it didn't fix stuff all that much. So I'd just wait for a while, it's definitely not worth resubbing for if it's only PvP you are after. Not to mention the amount of exploiting and boosting in rated PvP.

I'd grab the free ten day trial off the website just to do the starting zone mop quests and leave it at that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    It's only fun if you play as a DPS shaman.

season 12 is destroyed, pvp is worst thing in this expansion so far

Quote Originally Posted by jaakkeli View Post
    Well this is why it's pointless to ask if it's worth it to play a game for its PvP. Tastes differ. To me, Huttball was the most amazingly fun PvP
    It was amazingly fun, it was just incredibly badly designed due to it's heavy reliance on knockbacks which were brought in abundance by Sage/Sorc and Guard/Jugg.

Other than that, it was amazing.

i hated cata pvp and the slow style / need of chain cc to get kills type of games.

MoP is way better for my personal play style. slightly high paced. not as high paced as wrath but somewhere in between cata and wrath. and i personally prefer the high pace play style over the slow forgiving play style.

Short answer? No.

Long answer? Hell no. Not even by a longshot.

Gearing up my Holy Paladin, it wasn't too bad. I didn't notice the insane amount of CC and burst nearly as bad as I am now that I'm going back and finishing my DK.

Thinking I might resub to TOR myself; I really do miss the Warzones.
    D3 - Aggs 60 Barbarian | Paladin | Warlock | Shaman | Death Knight | Warrior |

Quote Originally Posted by Sindrasa View Post
    It's only fun if you play as a DPS shaman.
    What you did there, I see it.

Ont: Not really, no. There is too much burst, too many CCs and waaaaay too many bots (BGs are totally infested with them; 85-89 bracket is practically unplayable and at 90 isn't not that much better either).

Worst season so far. And i'm pretty convinced it's going to get worse and worse.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    They're trying out too much new shit with Resil/Power trinket and burst balance and things can be pretty awful atm. Try again next season I'd say, though you'd be behind the curve gearwise it's still doable with a bit of an honor grind
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

Deleted
    I think that by playing pvp you can experience a real wow world. But honestly - never playing another but pvp :P

Sounds like a lot of people here are butt hurt from losing at pvp. Yes there is a lot of burst and cc in the game, but it goes both ways. You have burst and cc too not just your oppoent. Most people crying here lost to X class and instead of working out a strat to beat X class they come to the fourms to QQ. From the stand point of gear, this is the best season ever. No longer do you have to raid 15+ hours a week to have the best gear in pvp. You can pvp and have the best gear for pvp. A lot of people are also mad because they can't get past 1800 rating when they are "2200 players." The rating deflation makes people think they are preforming worst when they are performing the same. 2200 last season = 1800 this season. Consider than 2200+ is top 20 teams in most battle groups. If you do return either wait and lvl up before the next season or just play casual pvp for the next few months. You'll just get frustrated by the gear gap. Don't listen to all the QQ. This is one of the best seasons for pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Highmoon7 View Post
    Sounds like a lot of people here are butt hurt from losing at pvp. Yes there is a lot of burst and cc in the game, but it goes both ways. You have burst and cc too not just your oppoent.
    Every class has plenty of damage these days, but certain classes have way too much burst AND control; frost mages for example.

[From the stand point of gear, this is the best season ever. No longer do you have to raid 15+ hours a week to have the best gear in pvp. You can pvp and have the best gear for pvp.
    You could get your gear just as quickly in S1-S4 with the old rating system, if not more quickly. You just had to wait until the end of the week to get your points, but you could climb the ratings in one day as opposed to weeks of grinding like you sometimes have to do today if one of your partners has low MMR or has missed a season.

Don't listen to all the QQ. This is one of the best seasons for pvp.
    This season isn't terrible, but we'll have to give it a bit more time to call it "one of the best." As it stands now, I wouldn't even put it in the top five.