Deleted

Doing Brawler's Guild as Arms.

I finally got my hands on a brawler's guild invite today (yay). And i was just wondering does anyone have any tips they can give me for doing this in arms spec? Thanks in advance. And by tips i mean stuff like survivability skills.

I did it as arms with a 387 ilvl. Im currently rank 7. If you can do enough dps you can pretty much burst through most mechanics without much problems. Only a few fighting where you have to follow them up to rank 7.

Any tips for the the fights to get to rank 8? I havent tried them yet but they look like the first potentially hard ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    There's my armory, got to rank 8 with it.

Juggernaut
    Second Wind
    Piercing Howl
    Dragon Roar
    Mass Spell Reflection
    Bloodbath

The only 'walls' I had were the Giraffe and Battletron. You may need shock wave for the giraffe if dps isn't a problem, or going tank spec. Battletron is just a dps race. And if I can do it in LFR and blues, I'm sure you can do it if you have raid gear.

Make sure you have a cooldowns macro binded with the brawler's flask they sell in the shops and plenty on-hand at all times.

I've got pretty good gear, but I was able to one-shot the Murderaffe as Fury. I took Piercing Howl, Bloodbath, DRoar, and Stormbolt, I Charged in with everything popped and DBTS - then Storm Bolt after DBTS faded. Then I put up a Howl, and leaped away. Then I went in, and exchanged a few hits so I could reapply Howl and kite away again. Once Storm Bolt was up again, I charged + CS, then Storm Bolt which is affected by CS. At that time I was far enough ahead with my own health that I could trade blows with him until he was dead.

I was in Def. stance the whole time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Blitzo/simple There's my armory, got to rank 8 with it.

Juggernaut
    Second Wind
    Piercing Howl
    Dragon Roar
    Mass Spell Reflection
    Bloodbath

The only 'walls' I had were the Giraffe and Battletron. You may need shock wave for the giraffe if dps isn't a problem, or going tank spec. Battletron is just a dps race. And if I can do it in LFR and blues, I'm sure you can do it if you have raid gear.

Make sure you have a cooldowns macro binded with the brawler's flask they sell in the shops and plenty on-hand at all times.
    How on earth did you pull enough dps on battletron O_O

Quote Originally Posted by Quill View Post
    I've got pretty good gear, but I was able to one-shot the Murderaffe as Fury. I took Piercing Howl, Bloodbath, DRoar, and Stormbolt, I Charged in with everything popped and DBTS - then Storm Bolt after DBTS faded. Then I put up a Howl, and leaped away. Then I went in, and exchanged a few hits so I could reapply Howl and kite away again. Once Storm Bolt was up again, I charged + CS, then Storm Bolt which is affected by CS. At that time I was far enough ahead with my own health that I could trade blows with him until he was dead.

I was in Def. stance the whole time.
    You can't have bloodbath and stormbolt at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher069 View Post
    You can't have bloodbath and stormbolt at the same time.
    Yeah, I meant Piercing Howl, the slowy one. I said bloodbath because I was still thinking of slowiness.

I did it with 491 gear, but it could totally have been done that way with a lower ilvl (even in the 470s) if you execute a series of short melee exchanges coupled with Howl kiting until your next stun is up - whether you use bolt or shockwave. Fury totally gets the job done if you don't want to change to Prot, and you have some decent amount of gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because of my gear level as fury, I stuck to it. I was able to pretty much blow through all the bosses so I picked up Avatar over Bloodbath. It was better for the start of the fight with all my CDs popped and potions. At least that was my play style up to rank 8.
    Jakesterwars - Jakesterwars#1531
    Tyranny

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakesterwars View Post
    Because of my gear level as fury, I stuck to it. I was able to pretty much blow through all the bosses so I picked up Avatar over Bloodbath. It was better for the start of the fight with all my CDs popped and potions. At least that was my play style up to rank 8.
    Dont take his sig as fact though, his ilvl is 497 ^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    I did it as arms with a 387 ilvl. Im currently rank 7. If you can do enough dps you can pretty much burst through most mechanics without much problems. Only a few fighting where you have to follow them up to rank 7.

Any tips for the the fights to get to rank 8? I havent tried them yet but they look like the first potentially hard ones.
    The only difficult rank 8 boss as melee is Disruption, it requires alot of movement while sustaining 90k dps. It was the last one I killed, the other 3 were fairly easy
    Millhouse requires good RNG at the start with the totems that spawn, make sure you interupt every cast possible and use whirlwind to kill any unwanted totems.
    The eye boss has a safe spot in the middle for melee, which just requires alittle bit of movement here and there
    Epicus is just rotating around him while avoiding stuff and interupt the Blue Crush cast, while avoiding the lazer
    Last edited by mmoc8458c03a78; 2012-12-12 at 04:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kane49 View Post
    Dont take his sig as fact though, his ilvl is 497 ^^
    I have neglected to update that forever now. >.> I should have just taken it off in general lol.
    Jakesterwars - Jakesterwars#1531
    Tyranny

Deleted
    got to rank 8 with 4 wipes.
    one cause i didnt check what penguin can do so he one shotted me, wiped on GG team once, once on murderaffe and once on Arcatron guy (with orbs floating around him).
    ilvl 497, pretty easy tbh, altough i went fury for burst.
    tried rares, killed the eye but failed on Millhouse when he had 23% left

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stryher107 View Post
    one cause i didnt check what penguin can do so he one shotted me, wiped on GG team once, once on murderaffe and once on Arcatron guy (with orbs floating around him).
    497 is way to high for brawlers guild ^^

Quote Originally Posted by stryher107 View Post
    I also got to rank8 with 4 wipes, 490 ilvl fury warrior

did you use the levitate bug to kill the eye? also what strat you using on millhouse? using glyph of victory rush?