State of SWTOR right now. Dec 2012

Hi all,

This time last year the hugely anticipated release of SWTOR arrived and a lot of people jumped on board, including myself. A few months later I was still enjoying what it had to offer. Sure, it wasn't perfect, but it was a lot better than the other mmos that came before it.

However, I felt compelled to leave due to the amount of my irl and in game mates either switching back to wow or moving onto something completely different. I didn't feel like I was ready to leave but tile jumping in fleet due to no LFG and no friends to play with left me no choice.

I have been itching to make a comeback but afraid that once again I will be playing alone.

Can anyone tell me, what is the state of the game right now? Is there 1-2 servers only that are still surviving? Is there a good community?

Quote Originally Posted by Kairu83 View Post
    Hi all,

This time last year the hugely anticipated release of SWTOR arrived and a lot of people jumped on board, including myself. A few months later I was still enjoying what it had to offer. Sure, it wasn't perfect, but it was a lot better than the other mmos that came before it.

However, I felt compelled to leave due to the amount of my irl and in game mates either switching back to wow or moving onto something completely different. I didn't feel like I was ready to leave but tile jumping in fleet due to no LFG and no friends to play with left me no choice.

I have been itching to make a comeback but afraid that once again I will be playing alone.

Can anyone tell me, what is the state of the game right now? Is there 1-2 servers only that are still surviving? Is there a good community?
    Heck, it's free to play.

Download it and see what it's still like.

Best/highest pop server? I played a 50 BH but thinking of a reroll to operative.

Oh look, one of these again. Please try reading the 100,000 other threads/posts on this subject.

There are many threads discussing what the game is like now from MANY different perspectives. In the end only you can decide for yourself if you it's worthwhile to you (also since there is a F2P option there is really no reason to not give it a try).

As for the server part clicky http://www.swtor.com/server-status

I would recommend checking that link during the times you would want to be playing to get a feel for what server will have a population level you want.