Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Radalek View Post
    But we do push for higher rank and we are also trying to do it without having silly raid hours like most of the top guilds do. We have "normal" 5 days a week 5 hours raids with extensions here and there.
    You know, I'm sure by some guild's standards your raid schedule may be light, but damn. 25 hours a week of raiding would spell a whole lot of not fun for me, and I'd burn out really quickly. =)

There's probably only like 3 people in my 10 man group (me included) that cap their valor every week. I don't know why, 5 man heroics in a guild group can literally be cleared in 5-7 minutes.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alysmera View Post
    Valor capping isn't terribly difficult. I'm typically capped by mid-lockout (the weekend) by simply doing dailies, LFR, and one or two daily heroics.
    I'm not saying it is. But I don't need a boss checking on me to make sure I do it. There are some weeks I just don't feel like it.

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 11:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    You know, I'm sure by some guild's standards your raid schedule may be light, but damn. 25 hours a week of raiding would spell a whole lot of not fun for me, and I'd burn out really quickly. =)

Here I was thinking 9 hours a week is hardcore lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    [...]

Here I was thinking 9 hours a week is hardcore lol.
    Yeah and that's only the raiding, not all the stuff people must do before that part. It depends what you compare 9 hours of raiding to though. Would you spend 9 hours on an other hobby? Some people do! Its a complete delusion when you compare WoW players with each other though. But if you get paid for it by sponsors, or can combine it with your job, all the power to you (which kinda makes only the very top guilds winners, and especially those right under it losers: they don't get much recognition and they don't get paid for it, while they're paying with seas of their leisure time). I can only attest and underline you got seas of time when you quit WoW.

I used to be in a top 30 guild (on my server lol) I remember every week GM used to yell at us to improve our skill it was hardcore. I was forced to chip in for a teamspeak account and upgrade my internet. It was fun but then it got rediculous as in checking armory send in game mail, so I opened my eyes and said this is just a game its okay to be competitive but unless its world or server first I dont care. I loved raiding but then that guild messed it up for me. Im now in a causal raiding guild we do normals its so fun now idk about you but I love to have fun. Ill put it like this if I were to tell someone hey I got server first heroic boss kill they would be like who cares. I love wow I love raiding just not too competitve, only time I like fierce competion is in sports, because it benefits my health as well as moral. Sorry for the rant needed to let that go

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Heroic Elite Protectors has not been killed yet afaik, people say it's like Yogg 0 pre-nerf.

I'd say bug them about it until they get their weapons/trinkets/chest/head/legs upgraded then stop bugging them to avoid burnout. You get 640 valor from full raid clear 16/16 now anyways, so that's ~5 daily heroics and I bet you could clear them in a guild group in 15 minutes tops.
    Wrong. It was killed before they nerfed it by people on the asian servers and after that it's been killed by a number of guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Do they NEED to upgrade all their BiS items, wont 5.2 be out within 10-15weeks?
    Yes, the fact that 5.2 is that close means they shouldn't miss out on even 5 VP. You want to be the best going into the new tier. That 5 vp you missed will come and bite you in the ass when you are 5 vp short for something.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Valor cap is very easy. You just do 1 heroic every day and rest of the valor u gain from raid

maybe some people want to just play the game. instead of spending all their time putting up with bullshit in LFR or doing more fucking dailies.

god i hope 'upgrades' don't come back

If you guys raid on a Monday see who all has the Valor Cap buff

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Pfeew..this is tough stuff. You wanna stalk your fellow raiders like raiding is a job or school?

I tend to remind people with your "you have to cap valor" that guilds beat all normal modes in ilv 463 gear and beat all heroic modes so fast, they couldn't even have attained two items of VP gear. It all came from LFRaid and normal raids of one week, 5 mans and 1 piece from a VP vendor.

But ofc if you want to admit in your guild gear > skill...
    They are top 30 and finished all content and are now preparing for 5.2. Asking everyone to cap valor to upgrade their BiS set for 5.2 is not that strange in his case. If he wasn't in the top 30 I would have said the same.

I haven't heard of such addon. Checking their Valor of the Ancients buff is probably the easiest as far as I know but still a big hassle. Or you could just check how many items they got upgraded when 5.2 hits and 'punish' them later on.
    You got one shitty job :P. I hope you got some dedicated members who just cap it.

I don't think an addon can see other players currency but maybe I am wrong (I don't think they will allow you to see how much gold another player has and the same might apply for other currencies). Maybe someone could create an addon that checks for the Valor of the Ancients buff?
    Last edited by Gilian; 2013-01-16 at 01:27 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    They are top 30 and finished all content and are now preparing for 5.2. Asking everyone to cap valor to upgrade their BiS set for 5.2 is not that strange in his case. If he wasn't in the top 30 I would have said the same.

I haven't heard of such addon. Checking their Valor of the Ancients buff is probably the easiest as far as I know but still a big hassle. Or you could just check how many items they got upgraded when 5.2 hits and 'punish' them later on.
    You got one shitty job :P. I hope you got some dedicated members who just cap it.

I don't think an addon can see other players currency but maybe I am wrong (I don't think they will allow you to see how much gold another player has and the same might apply for other currencies). Maybe someone could create an addon that checks for the Valor of the Ancients buff?
    Assign everyone a number. Do 3 times /roll 1 35. Check those people's armories. Do some maths. Do this the evening before reset. 5-10 minutes work, don't have to check buff, don't need addon. No nothing. Conscious wise this one feels much better since you're not babysitting everyone. Instead, you're just doing a casual, random check.

or you could just ask.