Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Fox News Viewers have an Average IQ of 80

Sounds like an onion article but it's apparently true
    Study shows that the Americans who watch Fox News have an average IQ of 80, whereas the national average is 100. Researchers were not "shocked" by findings.
    http://news.yahoo.com/intelligence-i...034622242.html

Daily Show viewers are also more informed than MSNBC and Fox Viewers

http://www.poynter.org/latest-news/m...orst-informed/
    Last edited by Raidenx; 2012-12-08 at 09:18 PM.

I don't need a article telling me what I already know....if you know what I mean.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate all major news networks. But to act as if the libtard channels are any smarter than the bible thumpers at fox is silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    I hate all major news networks. But to act as if the libtard channels are any smarter than the bible thumpers at fox is silly.
    giggle.

I love false equivalencies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    "The image that caused the most stress was a poorly edited picture of President Obama standing next to a "ghostly" image of a child holding a tarantula."

Bwahahaha, that is priceless.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    I don't need a article telling me what I already know....if you know what I mean.
    Same, basically every Republican supporter on my FB feed were the idiots that had to copy off my homework in school.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Less intelligent animals rely on instinct when confronted by something which they do not understand. This is an ancient survival reaction all animals, including humans, exhibit. It's a very simple phenomenon, really; think about a dog being afraid of a vacuum cleaner. He doesn't know what a vacuum is or if it may harm him, so he becomes agitated and barks at it. Less intelligent humans do the same thing. Concepts that are too complex for them to understand, may frighten or anger them."
    Oh my gooood, lol.

My second link shows that MSNBC viewers are also uninformed, just not as much as FOX viewers

Deleted
    Might be funny, but a low logical IQ (which most tests are based on, like the mensa tests etc.) doesn't show how intelligent you really are, as there are many forms of intelligence.

With that said, for anyone to follow Fox News they'd have to be really special somewhere in their head.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    giggle.

I love false equivalencies.
    False equivalencies are all that Fox has left to justify their fanaticism.

Wow, the limits people go to to bash a television station. Did they steal your bike or something? Where does all this rage come from when you dont even watch the channel?

Time to let it go guys, fox has 10x the ratings of other news channels, stop hating on them.

There is no way. I mean 80 IQ is incredibly low (and rare), no way there are millions of them all watching the same thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does not surprise me.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidenx View Post
    My second link shows that MSNBC viewers are also uninformed, just not as much as FOX viewers
    To be fair I made that post before you posted the MSNBC link. I can definitely see the DS viewers being more informed.

To me people who act is if they are smarter than someone who happens to watch different news channel is like a retard on the short bus who pisses himself making fun of a retard who shits himself for being more retarded. This type of divisiveness is tearing apart the country and people are content to just go along with it.

Both republicans and democrats all full of shit on their own, but if they stopped acting like babies and worked together they might actually get some work done.
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

So they are saying that their average viewer is just above the threshold of being classed as mentally retarded? Come on, that is ridiculous and cannot realistically be true, surely.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

while msnbc news is without question leans heavily liberal, they do have something that fox media often lacks - facts

case in point look at how fox media reported all the election polls not going their way and their reasons for a Romney landslide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Wow, the limits people go to to bash a television station. Did they steal your bike or something? Where does all this rage come from when you dont even watch the channel?

Time to let it go guys, fox has 10x the ratings of other news channels, stop hating on them.
    10 times? Not at all. Its also interesting that, last I checked, their ratings have been going down lately, while others have been increasing.

Quote Originally Posted by Study in OP
    P. Nichols concludes that he wasn't shocked by the studies' results, rather how dramatic their range. "Several previous studies show that self-identified conservatives are less intelligent than self-identified moderates. We have never seen such a homogeneous group teetering so close to special needs levels."
    Okay, that's just low...but at the same time kinda funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    while msnbc news is without question leans heavily liberal, they do have something that fox media often lacks - facts

case in point look at how fox media reported all the election polls not going their way and their reasons for a Romney landslide.
    So you're saying MSNBC never lies or fudges facts to get their point across?

In other news of zero worth, Kate Middleton is still pregnant.