1. #1

    Warrior fury: 2 x dancing steel or dancing steel + windsong?

    Is better two dancing steel or dancing steel + windsong with the 5.1? Now I use dancing steel + windsong but in simulation craft is better two dancing steel.

  2. #2
    Dual DS, it can have two charges up at once, now, instead of just one superseding the former charge you had active.
    Rabsies
    <The Horsemen> US25 - Shadowmoon US - 14/14 25H
    "Just play the game"
    _________________________________________
    CPU: i5 2500k @3.3Ghz; GPU: MSi GTX560Ti Twin Frozr II
    RAM: 8GB 1600Mhz Corsair Vengeance; MB: MSi Z68-G45 G3

  3. #3
    2xDancing Steel is simming better for me at least even though the difference is quite small

  4. #4
    Moderator eddytheone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Essex, UK
    Posts
    1,093
    DS / WS is currently performing better in raids in top gear, you can see most top warriors going with this

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    DS / WS is currently performing better in raids in top gear, you can see most top warriors going with this
    This was true to a tiny extent pre-RPPM and to a tiny extent post-RPPM before each enchant had its own stack. It is now very wrong and clearly nonsensical since each hand will have the exact same average uptime. That means either 2xDS or 2xWS are the only real choices, and 2xDS is simply massively better. Anyone still using DS/WS is just too cheap to pony up the fee to swap or isn't aware of the changes made. The gap between DS and WS is large enough that it's probably impossible for secondary stats to ever climb enough in value this expansion to make WS viable again.
    Last edited by Xanthan; 2012-12-08 at 04:04 PM.

  6. #6
    DS / WS is currently performing better in raids in top gear, you can see most top warriors going with this
    This was true pre 5.1, when DS would only have one aura even if you had it dual enchanted.
    Rabsies
    <The Horsemen> US25 - Shadowmoon US - 14/14 25H
    "Just play the game"
    _________________________________________
    CPU: i5 2500k @3.3Ghz; GPU: MSi GTX560Ti Twin Frozr II
    RAM: 8GB 1600Mhz Corsair Vengeance; MB: MSi Z68-G45 G3

  7. #7
    Moderator eddytheone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Essex, UK
    Posts
    1,093
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanthan View Post
    This was true to a tiny extent pre-RPPM and to a tiny extent post-RPPM before each enchant had its own stack. It is now very wrong and clearly nonsensical since each hand will have the exact same average uptime. That means either 2xDS or 2xWS are the only real choices, and 2xDS is simply massively better. Anyone still using DS/WS is just too cheap to pony up the fee to swap or isn't aware of the changes made. The gap between DS and WS is large enough that it's probably impossible for secondary stats to ever climb enough in value this expansion to make WS viable again.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...dsoul/advanced
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Deac/advanced


    Soy from BL was also experimenting with DS / WS, currently hes using double DS but I believe hes just continuing testing it

    The difference is small I will give you that but to say it is nonsensical just shows blatant pig ignorance and a lack of comprehension on your part

    TLDR;
    You are wrong, please keep your ill informed opinions to yourself
    Last edited by eddytheone; 2012-12-09 at 11:29 AM.

  8. #8
    Eddy, the thing is that all of the warriors you listed have already cleared the content and have little incentive to switch to dancing steel on non-bis weapons. Landsoul has shown some inclination that he likes to be frugal on his stream, so I don't think he would invest in 2x Dancing Steel on his current Elegon axes when he'll have better weapons in the next lockout or two.

    I am not saying that dual Dancing Steel is better than the alternative you presented but Xanthan provided rationale behind his stance. All you did was provide links to the armories of some post-progression warriors which I don't think holds weight on its own.

    You can't just call someone blatantly ignorant and shoot people down without providing stand-alone evidence.
    Last edited by Chapterhouse; 2012-12-09 at 06:22 PM.
    Chapterhouse#1107
    Armory

  9. #9
    Moderator eddytheone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Essex, UK
    Posts
    1,093
    What you say is correct. I can, however, call someone blatantly ignorant for the following phraseology;
    It is now very wrong and clearly nonsensical
    Its not really a fiscal case really as I've talked to several top warriors on the matter who say, as with most things, it varies from fight to fight which is going to be superior
    Last edited by eddytheone; 2012-12-09 at 06:09 PM.

  10. #10
    I asked landsoul he told me double dancing steel is better.
    But how much better I don't know.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    What you say is correct. I can, however, call someone blatantly ignorant for the following phraseology;


    Its not really a fiscal case really as I've talked to several top warriors on the matter who say, as with most things, it varies from fight to fight which is going to be superior
    You are super rude.

  12. #12
    The main argument against double dancing steel was that you could only have a single instance of the proc. This made DS / WS the only logical option. However that has changed and simulations do indicate double DS to be a head by a reasonable margin.

    My knee jerk reaction to seeing Landsoul's DS / WS was that he has no incentive to spend gold as he's not in progression. If you look at warriors who are still in top end guilds but haven't quite finished off progression (6/6 6/6 3/4 etc) such as Barabbus from Suit Up

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...abbus/advanced

    So for the OP if you have weapons that you think are worth enchanting go for double DS because it is better.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...dsoul/advanced
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Deac/advanced


    Soy from BL was also experimenting with DS / WS, currently hes using double DS but I believe hes just continuing testing it

    The difference is small I will give you that but to say it is nonsensical just shows blatant pig ignorance and a lack of comprehension on your part

    TLDR;
    You are wrong, please keep your ill informed opinions to yourself
    as I've talked to several top warriors on the matter who say
    Gotta agree with the above poster, you're acting quite rude and ignorant; using nothing but peoples armories and the claim of speaking to other warriors to back up your opinion while discarding others isn't exactly what I'd call smart.

    You can't just call someone blatantly ignorant and shoot people down without providing stand-alone evidence.
    QFT.

    TL;DR You are wrong, please keep your ill informed opinions to yourself
    Last edited by T18Z; 2012-12-10 at 06:43 AM.

  14. #14
    The main argument against double dancing steel was that you could only have a single instance of the proc. This made DS / WS the only logical option. However that has changed and simulations do indicate double DS to be a head by a reasonable margin.
    Yes, this means that if everything goes smoothly, you'll soon be able to have two simultaneous Dancing Steel procs, or (very rarely) six simultaneous Windsong procs. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    They fixed this and now you can proc two dancing steel, one per weapon.

  15. #15
    Moderator eddytheone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Essex, UK
    Posts
    1,093
    Quote Originally Posted by T18Z View Post
    Gotta agree with the above poster, you're acting quite rude and ignorant; using nothing but peoples armories and the claim of speaking to other warriors to back up your opinion while discarding others isn't exactly what I'd call smart.



    QFT.

    TL;DR You are wrong, please keep your ill informed opinions to yourself
    As I don't play DPS, I'm going off what I have spoken to quite a few others about. Sadly this isn't a claim its a fact because I, unlike some happen to know some good players
    What I have been told is as follows;
    The gain is marginal and depends alot on the fight

    I don't honestly think I'm rude, just blunt when some smart arse comes along

    As you have done in a few occasions before without any progress or experience shown to back it up
    Last edited by eddytheone; 2012-12-10 at 02:13 PM.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    As I don't play DPS, I'm going off what I have spoken to quite a few others about. Sadly this isn't a claim its a fact because I, unlike some happen to know some good players
    What I have been told is as follows;
    The gain is marginal and depends alot on the fight

    I don't honestly think I'm rude, just blunt when some smart arse comes along

    As you have done in a few occasions before without any progress or experience shown to back it up
    I have both experience and progress. What's your excuse? There's a difference between being blunt and being a rude twat. You sir, are the latter.

  17. #17
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Södermalm
    Posts
    2,213
    "An eddy is "wrong" thread again" *brings the popcorn*

    Keep the entertainment flowing guys :P
    Last edited by santa666; 2012-12-10 at 03:19 PM.

  18. #18
    Super Moderator Darsithis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    34,083
    Enough of this. Closing.

    OP: Answer is in the thread



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •