View Poll Results: Which Era Was The Best?

Voters
1372. You may not vote on this poll
  • Classic World of Warcraft

102 7.43%
  • The Burning Crusade

441 32.14%
  • Wrath of the Lich King

518 37.76%
  • Cataclysm

32 2.33%
  • Mists of Pandaria

279 20.34%
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Since MoP is a little too young at the moment, making it uncomparable with the rest of the expansions, I think Wotlk would be my favorite. It had awesome athmosphere and great raids (except ToC, which was a little meh. The boss fights were nice though). I had the best experiences and most fun in the earlier versions of wow, especially vanilla, but that's thanks to everything being so new.

For me its a really tough choice. One part of me wants to say BC and the other wants to say Wotlk. I think for the sake of the poll I am going to pick Wotlk because of the people I raided with at that time.

However if MoP keeps going in the direction that I think it is, it might end up being one of my favorite expansions.

The only part of Wrath that was bad was the 3.2 patch cycle imo.
    Only time I took a break from wow in 6 years... and I still adore the game. So that says something, I guess. ^^

Ifalna Sha'yoko on Twitter and Armory - Occasionally unfaithful to WoW with my Adorable Miqo'te - (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━ ┻

Going with Wotlk in terms of atmosphere [sceneny/setting+music], and storyline. Best one so far imo.

TBC, Kael'thas + Lady Vashj. Most epic raids and first (guild) kills I ever got. Nothing can compare to this anymore.

WotLK was is my favorite expansion. Would have been perfect if DK's weren't disgustingly OP for the length of it.

But I started in BC so that xpac will always have a special place in my heart. I just wish I was a better player back then. If I had what I know now back in those days I would be a multiglad by now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldjman View Post
    Warriors viable in multiple comps? lolno. Any high rated warrior falls under the following;
    1) wintraded.
    2) very high mmr at the start of the season, so they fought their way to glad at 5 am vs 2k teams.
    3) has their connections from previous seasons carry their class.
    Also, we most certainly weren't the most op in S9. Dk's were a better warrior in every aspect. Thanks for trying though.

I still miss vanilla WoW. I picked the game up mid '06 and fell in love with UBRS runs, the epic 5-man BRD instance, I just loved it. I wish I could do it all over again, except this time I wouldn't waste time trying to validate my DPSadin, I'd just go mage

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    I still miss vanilla WoW. I picked the game up mid '06 and fell in love with UBRS runs, the epic 5-man BRD instance, I just loved it. I wish I could do it all over again, except this time I wouldn't waste time trying to validate my DPSadin, I'd just go mage
    Being one of the few with the seal of ascension enabling you to actually do UBRS, that was truly epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorfie View Post
    We can only hope, since it was horribly balanced.

Not a Resto Shaman in PvE? Better get rerolling.

Not a Resto Druid in PvP? Better get rerolling.
    Did I say specific specs? Nope. Bottom line is, in BC fights lasted longer as a whole, and were more than just mashing CDs to blow up a target as fast as possible. There was actual strategy involved. Arguing class to class balance is pretty useless since no MMO will ever be balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashcroft View Post
    Being one of the few with the seal of ascension enabling you to actually do UBRS, that was truly epic.
    They mocked my "DPS Paladin", but I saved a healer's life with my 6-second incapacitation, I forget what it was called, but only the retribution tree got it. I'm sure they were appreciative after that

Edit: Repentance was the skill, bottom of the Retribution tree.
    Last edited by Dacien; 2012-12-10 at 12:36 AM.

An "What is the best expansion" thread with PAGES UPON PAGES of "BURNING CRUSADE FOREVER" .....Never change MMO-Champion community, Never change.

I liked every expansion to be honest with you. Every expansion has it's ups and it's downs. BC,Wrath,Cata and I am sure MoP will, No expansion is perfect nor will there be a perfect expansion.

So in the end, I like every expansion. It's always nice to have more WoW to play.

However, Wrath was definitely one of the most atmospheric expansions for me. Because it was released in the colder,snowier filled months. So when you were in the Storm peaks or Icecrown. You could definitely feel the cold air -- Nothing like questing in the storm peaks, Feeling the frigid cold air and then realizing that cold air is in your own house, Not the game. definitely atmospheric.

Mechagnome
    I find it interesting that as soon as shared lockouts came out the oppinion of the game dropped by 50%.

Nothing will ever top BC and WOTLK.
    So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3

Vanilla, simply because everything was new and exciting. While the overall game is better now, after so many years playing it, this feeling of newness and excitement simply wore off. And it is someting I will never experience again, because WoW was my first MMORPG back then.

Quote Originally Posted by wilbbailey View Post
    I find it interesting that as soon as shared lockouts came out the oppinion of the game dropped by 50%.
    Source for this ridiculous statement?

Because I'm thinking it's coming from your ass, You must have reached far inside it to pull that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Thatwsntmilk View Post
    Awesome how TBC is that high, even though many people in here didn't play it and therefore voted for Wotlk. TBC:1 - Other expansions: 0
    TBC is really the only true expansion to WoW. The other times you shelled out $60 it was for slight tweaks to what TBC fixed over vanilla. PvP and raids were the best. Oh, and try doing a raid as a horde with no pallys...

Arathi Basins were so filled with players/teams who were thinking way ahead in terms of strats. Not to mention the times where I'd play AV for 6 hours, go eat visit friends wash clothes watch tv and then get back to my comp and the same AV would still be up. Unless you saw that over and over, you'd never know how much fun it was. I mean when you are summoning Lokholar multiple times in one AV, and 32 guys are riding his coat tails up the path, that is what TBC was all about. Wow hasn't introduced anything like that since, and that was from vanilla and reached it's heyday in TBC.

Wotlk made the daily playing of this game fun, but TBC made playing whenever fun. Vanilla, as we now know, was bad just bad. It's simply awesome how much TBC fixed and added to the game.

the noob times back in vanilla when everything was new and the world felt so freaking vast

For me it was BC and Wrath (even when i didnt even stick around when Ulduar was released :-( ). I voted Burning Crusade though, since for me personally, it was when I started raiding in an awsome raiding community named PlundaKlub and I liked the raids more back then. Must say the raids now are quite entertaining as well though.

Quote Originally Posted by errosync View Post
    That's why they bring witnesses in on court cases: because anyone worth their salt in law knows that both sides involved in the altercation are going to be biased for their own personal gain. As a personal example: I loved BC. It's when I started, it's when the game mystified me and I had a lot of good times in BC. The lore was unbelievably good,
    no one who thinks bc lore was good has any idea what their talking about
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    no one who thinks bc lore was good has any idea what their talking about
    Wait, what? I thought the stories in BC were very interesting and intriguing. I love Illidan, I think he's a great character and it was awesome to fight against him and his armies. I really liked the story behind Karazhan as well and thought they did a really good job making an interesting "haunted house" instance work in World of Warcraft.