View Poll Results: Which Era Was The Best?

Voters
1372. You may not vote on this poll
  • Classic World of Warcraft

102 7.43%
  • The Burning Crusade

441 32.14%
  • Wrath of the Lich King

518 37.76%
  • Cataclysm

32 2.33%
  • Mists of Pandaria

279 20.34%
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I think MoP is really the most fun. Tons of fun stuff to do.

Vanilla - was neat and new. Questing was pretty horrible though. Running all over the place was pretty lame imho.
    BC - pretty friggin awesome. Putting groups together for heroic 5-mans was pretty horrible though. "LF 1 tank, then g2g" for hours on end.......bleh. Not very alt friendly either, which led to some level of boredom for me.
    WotLK - was a good amount of fun. Being able to raid with more alts made this one a fun expansion. For me, Alts = raiding variability = don't get bored.
    Cata - the remade 1-60 was phenomenal. Made leveling fun again (and quests were significantly more immersive than before). Getting randomly burned up by DW was pretty funny too. Even easier to raid with alts - which made this a really fun expansion for me.
    MoP - the sheer amount of content is just insane. I feel like I'm always doing something different, which is a ton of fun for me. imho - questing is the best its ever been. Kudos to Blizz so far on this one. It's still early tho....so tough to rate the expansion as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Malkazam View Post
    TBC..

They added the LFG in WOTLK.. Enough for me.
    Did that change the game for you?!?!?! "aaaw nooo" the 'adition' of lfr changed my whole experience......."

Fluffy Kitten
    Still TBC for me.

WotLK and Cata made me want to vomit most of the time. The raiding in MoP has kept me happy, but the rest of it has really disappointed. The dailies alone drop MoP behind WotLK for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Condemner View Post
    Did that change the game for you?!?!?! "aaaw nooo" the 'adition' of lfr changed my whole experience......."
    That thing change the game for everyone. I personally think that this is the line between the ''old wow'' and the ''new wow'' who have take a ''casual turn''

So yeah LFG / LFR change anything for the realms community and that a huge thing since WoW is a MMORPG.

You play solo with other people who play solo and don't really give a f.. about you.

Back in the days , you HAVE to search your groups/party members yourself. Stay with these 4 others dude in a 1 hours long Heroic. Talk to them , laugh with them , have fun.

My friendlist was full back then. I received whisper from people who want to invited me to do heroic or even raid. That was fun.

That was a big difference between Casual/hardcore and i don't understand why people cry about it nowadays. If you play more , its normal to have more but a lots of players want more without doing anything now.

Since LFG/LFR Well.. realms community die , players became a bunch of douche who can't even says hi.

So yeah. For me and for a lot of people i'm sure.
    Last edited by Malkazam; 2012-12-16 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malkazam View Post
    Back in the days , you HAVE to search your groups/party members yourself. Stay with these 4 others dude in a 1 hours long Heroic. Talk to them , laugh with them , have fun.
    Thing is in the past levelig dungeons for example on smaller server ... even if you searched for ppl, you wouldn't find anybody. It was either cross server lfg or not do the dungeons at all. It's different at max level, but simply having the option to queue with just ppl from your server should improve the situation a lot.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Looks like WotLK is winning. Cata and Vanilla were by far the worst eras, this chart even confirms it.

People who didn't vote for TBC or classic confirmed for not knowing shit about wow.

The community was better in the days of TBC, that's mostly what mattered to me. It's not so much what raids expansions had, or how difficult something was, or what stats were at play, but the transition from TBC to Wrath brought in more X-realms.

So I'll be completely subjective and say TBC was the best expansion for the sole reason that by WotLK my guild disbanded in the form that everyone migrated to their own server. And people couldn't be blamed, we were playing on Silvermoon EU since the the beginning of WoW which completely died by the time WotLK was released. You can't stop guilds migrating from your server all the time with gameplay mechanics or visual effects, but those constant migrations are what pretty much killed the core of the game, the social part, at least for me.
    Great Reads:
    In-Depth WoW Review - Part 1: Quests / Part 2: Leveling / Part 3: Phasing / Part 4: Difficulty / Part 5: Professions / Part 6: World PvP / Part 7: Burnout
    How to play
    Important notice! -> Fullmetal Alchemist:Brotherhood is awesome.

In terms of community, the vanilla WoW / BC area. Sure there were still idiots and dicks, but far more people that were helpful and friendly. In terms of gameplay and content, MoP. Much better then Cataclysm and plenty of changes I like, even if I think dailies are bad gameplay.

TBC with wrath/vanilla coming second. My nostalgia would say Vanilla but TBC was better from all aspects
    The trick of selling a PvP-MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

I still find it amusing so many say wrath, when it was the worst expansion of all.

I started playing during 1.4 in Vanilla and chose WotLK as the best expansion. It was a close call between WotLK and TBC though.

Pro TBC
    - Heroics were difficult and you needed to use CC. I haven't used CC since early WotLK in PvE :/
    - Raids had interesting lore. Many of the end bosses were tied to WC3+FT.
    - Raid tactics became more than tank and spank, as opposed to the most part in Vanilla.
    - Healer classes started to be able to to dps or tank
    - Engineering, blacksmithing and leatherworking had intersting benefits. (Hello Dragonstrike on Rogue and Stunherald on paladin)

Pro WotLK
    - Many more specs were actually viable in raids.
    - Seal of Blood for my paladin was an epic experience on Thaddius
    - Acievement system for mounts were nice
    - Hardmodes in raids were a great addition
    - Naxx, Ulduar and ICC were some of the best raid I've ever done in terms om mechanics.
    - Had ICC and the end of the Lich King (Will be missed)
    - Continent (Northrend that is) was designed for flying mounts. Loved the landscape on Howling Fjord and spend most of my time there

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    I still find it amusing so many say wrath, when it was the worst expansion of all.
    Wauw, that was objective

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    your opinion, not necessary true. I have chosen tbc mostly because of the end game progression it had. From lore and atmosphere wrath was far the best of all.
    Last edited by papajohn4; 2012-12-16 at 05:08 PM.
    The trick of selling a PvP-MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Classic WoW imo, nothing will ever recapture that magic imo

---------- Post added 2012-12-16 at 05:07 PM ----------

Side note...Mists comes damn close to being as great as vanilla was

Since i played vanila on a private server cant vote for that bc was okay didnt do much pve though, so wrath was the best time i've ever had.
    Had an amazing guild which raided a lot had friends good times. Plus deathknights were introduced my favorite class <3
    Best raids ever made Ulduar and ICC in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Ellez View Post
    People who didn't vote for TBC or classic confirmed for not knowing shit about wow.
    I played vanilla and TBC, but I still think WotLK is slightly better than TBC. For a more epic raiding experience, I gotta give it to TBC. But for everything else, which are things like story, features, dungeons, specs, zones etc, WotLK wins.

Only a small & of the playerbase had experienced TBC's final raids, especially Sunwell. In WotLK, you still had to organise your own raids, and it was just doable in normal mode for pugs to eventually clear it.

Epic!
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    Really digging MOP so far, TBC is gonna be hard to beat though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pro View Post
    LK was cool and all. But 2 out of 4 raid tiers were terrible, and ICC was gated.
    And Sunwell wasn't?

'sides, there's no point to this poll, what with having MoP on there and the expansion isn't done. We can't even really say what MoP's era truly is like yet. As for BC being perfect? That's laughable. Don't get me wrong, I liked BC. Enjoyed it quite a bit, but perfect is definitely a no go. I'll list what wasn't perfect, but it can't be read if you're wearing rose colored glasses.

1)
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)
    6)
    7)
    8)
    etc)

Wrath with ease.

IMO in the end its probably all about the community. You can list features as you want but i think the community feeling is/was what makes TBC/Classic very popular.
    The game changed after TBC quite a bit and as a result the community too.
    "A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell!"

WoW leveling/heroic/LFR difficulty in one line of code:
    do {press (AnyKey)} until MobHealth=0;