Poll: Which Era Was The Best?

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I had my best time in BC. It had all those awesome and diverse raid instances with iconic villains. The difficulty was reasonable (class stacking for sunwell aside) and there were heroics you could do when you had spare time which were actually challenging.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well,i started 16 days before Vannila ended,and i was really young (like 10 years old) when i started,so i couldn't really experience TBC in any way other than questing,and i don't really remember that part of my WoW journey.WotLK for me was the best,because i joined native language speaking guild,that i could speak to in my language,and they were all great people that i enjoyed raiding,dungeoning and questing with.I played Cata for maybe a month,so can't really say much about it,and stopped playing until MoP came out.I decided that i wouldn't buy MoP - one month later,guess what happened.Really liked it,then again it quickly burned off and i stopped again.Will start again soon,but i cancelled my subscription,it lasts until february next year and i don't think i will be getting back afterwards.

Its gotten to a point that i played it just too much - not daily wise,im not addicted or anything - but 5 years is alot and no matter how much new stuff Blizzard adds the core game mechanic that cannot be changed without making a new game doesn't really interest me anymore.Thats my 2 cents.

It's funny how a similar vote in early cataclysm produced extremely similar results, that Cata had the role of MoP, Wotlk was as unpopular as Cata is now, and BC and Vanilla were rocking it.

Deleted
    I quite enjoyed Cataclysm.

I had the most fun playing WoW during The Burning Crusade. Not so much because of the content etc, but more because of the people I played with.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigeldruid View Post
    It's funny how a similar vote in early cataclysm produced extremely similar results, that Cata had the role of MoP, Wotlk was as unpopular as Cata is now, and BC and Vanilla were rocking it.
    Not really ... I remember 2-3 months after Cata launched how ppl were raging on forum about pugging community that bloomed in WotLK (also one of the main reason why WotLK was good) being demolished by Cata difficulty. How many raid leaders and raiders burned out soon after the expansion launched. Cata was good for a month ... then ppl leveled up.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

I was playing WoW since the day servers were opened in vanilla (also a bit of beta before that) but I have to go along with the TBC crowd. Somehow I have my best WoW memories from that period. So TBC>Vanilla>WotLK>Pandaria>Cataclysm (although I only played Pandas for a month and decided to unsub, Im just burned out).

If Mists of Pandaria manages to keep up its quality for the next coming year, it will be the expansion with the highest overall quality.

I will always be nostalgic for TBC and there were some very fun periods during both WotLK and even Cataclysm. They also had some aspects to them that have now been lost, but the game has moved forward and improved on many fronts. I mostly miss the sense of community the way it used to be, though this I also feel is quite a universal change that has affected the whole mainstream gaming culture.

Deleted
    I'd say TBC with a slight advantage over Mists, which has a lot of potential though.
    WOTLK worst era hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Keoren View Post
    If Mists of Pandaria manages to keep up its quality for the next coming year, it will be the expansion with the highest overall quality.

I will always be nostalgic for TBC and there were some very fun periods during both WotLK and even Cataclysm. They also had some aspects to them that have now been lost, even to mainstream gaming culture in general such as the sense of community, but the game has moved forward and improved on many fronts.
    Some people say that game is better overall now than it was before becouse of all the features. And they are right to a degree. But think about it. Would this also make Star Wars prequel trilogy better from original one becouse of all the technology? Regardless, I think games should be considered in a different way. I mean, we should compare how fun was TBC in 2007 vs. how fun is MoP in 2012. Not 2012 TBC vs. 2012 MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Awe View Post
    Regardless, I think games should be considered in a different way. I mean, we should compare how fun was TBC in 2007 vs. how fun is MoP in 2012. Not 2012 TBC vs. 2012 MoP.
    This is a valid argument and I always tend to take it into consideration. It is also the reason for why I still rank TBC at top when it comes to the expansions overall. If I played back in Vanilla, I might even put that one on top. I don't know. I am still willing to say that despite some shortcomings Mists of Pandaria has had an extremely strong start so far. Cataclysm didn't start off too shabby either which is why I'm waiting with my judgement.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treekodar View Post
    I quite enjoyed Cataclysm.
    It was better than MoP for sure. But not as epic as tBC / WotLK.

TBC for me. Wrath and Vanilla were a close 2nd though for sure. Vanilla just because it was something completely different(nostalgia). Wrath may have had the highest player base, but i think that was because BC did so well. Nevertheless, it was excellent for many reasons such as Ulduar and the PvP was excellent. Cata started off well, but was overall a disappointment, especially Deathwing. Honestly, those Deathwing fights left so much to be desired, i dont even feel like we really fought him. More like his back armor and Talons lol. Mop is fairly promising though, especially once they do some work on pvp.

wrath, because grizzly hills music

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't believe people are saying WotLK was the best era of WoW. I think Blizzard failed on a lot of things, mainly the 10/25 man raid lockout business in that expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Geekissexy View Post
    I can't believe people are saying WotLK was the best era of WoW. I think Blizzard failed on a lot of things, mainly the 10/25 man raid lockout business in that expansion.
    Almost everyone I know and their mothers liked/want 10/25m raid lockout.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

TBC was the best PvE, I try not to be too pretentious about that, but overall was classic for me.

Small note: I'd like to see an expansion that actually puts so much content in again that they don't have to rely on daily quests to entertain players once they hit the new level cap. Quest lines that introduce you to factions (like Ogri'la) should happen, but only once you've done quest lines that make doing zones more than a leveling chore. I guess exploration was always my thing. (Apparently Mists has a bit of entertainment in exploration other than all of the dailies they shove at you)
    It wasn't long ago / I was just like you / And now I think I'm sick and I wanna go home!
    Quote Originally Posted by Unoriginal View Post
    what if SEARING WOLVES? The possibilities?!!?

TBC without a doubt. The gear, environments, music, and themes were all amazing! To add, I don't consider Cata and MoP to be Warcraft. Two amazing games, but they aren't Warcraft. They are the result of implementing the same horrible and tired qualities of other games that want to be Warcraft, but can't even come close to it into Warcraft. I don't know what Blizzard was thinking, honestly. That's just my opinion, so don't fret.

Its either TBC or vanilla for me. I raided semi-hardcore from MC to naxx pretty much constant every day 4-5 times a week in vanilla with an awesome guild, so inn the end I proboaly haft to pick vanilla.

Then again I'm also extremly nostalgic, and depressed over the current years wow had recent. Would do *alot* to get vanilla/tbc-area back, it simply wont be beaten ever, no matter what product Blizzard throws out Im afraid. One thing I really miss is not running out of things to do in wow - Just this year alone has been horrible for me gaming wise, cant put words into how bored Ive been trough the year (Something Diablo3 didn't help since I was planning for this to consume my life).

Should be a law againts the level of boredome and wasted time Ive had...when I dont dedicate 100% off my free-time to a game (well near 100%) I just get bored so fast its stupid :s
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO