Poll: Which Era Was The Best?

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorfie View Post
    We can only hope, since it was horribly balanced.

Not a Resto Shaman in PvE? Better get rerolling.

Not a Resto Druid in PvP? Better get rerolling.
    Did I say specific specs? Nope. Bottom line is, in BC fights lasted longer as a whole, and were more than just mashing CDs to blow up a target as fast as possible. There was actual strategy involved. Arguing class to class balance is pretty useless since no MMO will ever be balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashcroft View Post
    Being one of the few with the seal of ascension enabling you to actually do UBRS, that was truly epic.
    They mocked my "DPS Paladin", but I saved a healer's life with my 6-second incapacitation, I forget what it was called, but only the retribution tree got it. I'm sure they were appreciative after that

Edit: Repentance was the skill, bottom of the Retribution tree.
    Last edited by Dacien; 2012-12-10 at 12:36 AM.

An "What is the best expansion" thread with PAGES UPON PAGES of "BURNING CRUSADE FOREVER" .....Never change MMO-Champion community, Never change.

I liked every expansion to be honest with you. Every expansion has it's ups and it's downs. BC,Wrath,Cata and I am sure MoP will, No expansion is perfect nor will there be a perfect expansion.

So in the end, I like every expansion. It's always nice to have more WoW to play.

However, Wrath was definitely one of the most atmospheric expansions for me. Because it was released in the colder,snowier filled months. So when you were in the Storm peaks or Icecrown. You could definitely feel the cold air -- Nothing like questing in the storm peaks, Feeling the frigid cold air and then realizing that cold air is in your own house, Not the game. definitely atmospheric.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I find it interesting that as soon as shared lockouts came out the oppinion of the game dropped by 50%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing will ever top BC and WOTLK.
    So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3

10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla, simply because everything was new and exciting. While the overall game is better now, after so many years playing it, this feeling of newness and excitement simply wore off. And it is someting I will never experience again, because WoW was my first MMORPG back then.

Quote Originally Posted by wilbbailey View Post
    I find it interesting that as soon as shared lockouts came out the oppinion of the game dropped by 50%.
    Source for this ridiculous statement?

Because I'm thinking it's coming from your ass, You must have reached far inside it to pull that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Thatwsntmilk View Post
    Awesome how TBC is that high, even though many people in here didn't play it and therefore voted for Wotlk. TBC:1 - Other expansions: 0
    TBC is really the only true expansion to WoW. The other times you shelled out $60 it was for slight tweaks to what TBC fixed over vanilla. PvP and raids were the best. Oh, and try doing a raid as a horde with no pallys...

Arathi Basins were so filled with players/teams who were thinking way ahead in terms of strats. Not to mention the times where I'd play AV for 6 hours, go eat visit friends wash clothes watch tv and then get back to my comp and the same AV would still be up. Unless you saw that over and over, you'd never know how much fun it was. I mean when you are summoning Lokholar multiple times in one AV, and 32 guys are riding his coat tails up the path, that is what TBC was all about. Wow hasn't introduced anything like that since, and that was from vanilla and reached it's heyday in TBC.

Wotlk made the daily playing of this game fun, but TBC made playing whenever fun. Vanilla, as we now know, was bad just bad. It's simply awesome how much TBC fixed and added to the game.

Deleted
    the noob times back in vanilla when everything was new and the world felt so freaking vast

For me it was BC and Wrath (even when i didnt even stick around when Ulduar was released :-( ). I voted Burning Crusade though, since for me personally, it was when I started raiding in an awsome raiding community named PlundaKlub and I liked the raids more back then. Must say the raids now are quite entertaining as well though.

Quote Originally Posted by errosync View Post
    That's why they bring witnesses in on court cases: because anyone worth their salt in law knows that both sides involved in the altercation are going to be biased for their own personal gain. As a personal example: I loved BC. It's when I started, it's when the game mystified me and I had a lot of good times in BC. The lore was unbelievably good,
    no one who thinks bc lore was good has any idea what their talking about
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I voted TBC. I loved raiding back then, and in my TBC have been the best raiding expansion yet. Wrath was horrible for me (From a raiding standpoint) with a horrible raid at release. Me and my guild took less than a month to clear everything after release of Wrath, and we did not even get server first. In TBC i never managed to clear it all, but that was totally fine.

The Burning Crusade.

It was when I started playing and became a hardcore raider, so it's special to me for that (lulz), but it truly was an awesome expansion. It was gorgeous. It had a whole new WORLD. The story line was amazing and interesting, featuring Warcraft's best character, Illidan.

There was really nothing that sucked so much that it made it less awesome, like "WotLK would have been a much better expansion without ToC" etc.

Karazhan was the BEST. It was a beginning raid but it was so damn epic. And you know what, I loved getting attuned and even going back to redo stuff to help others do so too.

I didn't do Sunwell () but I loved Black Temple a ton.

Raid fights were interesting and hard, but there were no crappy mechanics. You had to be GOOD and work as a team.

Seriously, best expansion and I miss that shit.

Second would be Wrath of the Lich King, during which I also raided hardcore. (I think to get a real opinion of PvE you have to be raiding).

Ulduar might just be my favorite raid ever. Everything about it was great. ICC was pretty good, but not AS good and definitely not perfect. A mid-expansion raid shouldn't outshine a final one.

The story was pretty awesome and well integrated, but I'll never get over how many times LK himself would show up in the middle of us questing and just let us live. The Battle for Undercity made me freak out, it was so awesome. I'm a big Sylvanas fan and nothing like that had ever been done before.

And then there's ToC. It wasn't THAT terrible, but it wasn't good. The fights were kind of cool, some of them. An entire raid in one room was lame, though, as was the story behind it.
    Last edited by Reyina; 2012-12-10 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    no one who thinks bc lore was good has any idea what their talking about
    Well, it's an opinion, can't argue with that. I personally think WotLK wins in terms of lore. I actually felt really good when I finally killed LK. The atmosphere was the greatest in that expansion!

From best to worst:

1. WotLK
    2. TBC
    3. Classic
    4. MoP
    5. Cata

15+ Year Old Account
    WotlK first are you serious?

1. Classic
    2. TBC
    3. MoP
    4. WotlK
    5. Cataclysm

/the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post

1. Classic
    2. TBC
    3. MoP
    4. WotlK
    5. Cataclysm

/the end.
    So why'd you pick classic as nr 1? Nostalgia, i get, but for the rest, the mechanics (didnt really raid back then, but it's what I read and heard), bugs, prefered specs, it all sucked really imo. The game was great, but they expanded quite well in the expansions.

10+ Year Old Account

1. Classic
    2. TBC
    3. MoP
    4. WotlK
    5. Cataclysm

/the end.
    Really ?

The only good thing about vanilla now was the feeling, the friends and mystery. Going into that first dungeon, getting your first gold. The nostalgia is talking there. For pure quality (since MOP is not over yet) Wrath wins by far.

Nostalgic Vanilla player here, and as i switched to horde, I miss IF badly
    Flying over EK (especially lordaeron) or KDor for archeology still gives me a sense of epicness that outland northrend and pandaria never gave me...

I picked vanilla. As much fun as I had in TBC vanilla will always be the best for me. Everything was fresh and new and there was always some new place to explore.

---------- Post added 2012-12-10 at 11:45 AM ----------

1. Classic
    2. TBC
    3. MoP
    4. WotlK
    5. Cataclysm

/the end.
    Honestly this is probably how I would rank them as well.