Poll: Which Era Was The Best?

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    BC was the best time to play a Druid. We were kings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    TBC > Vanila > WotLK > MoP > Cata.
    Exactly my thoughts. Loved pretty much everything about TBC.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thoroughly enjoyed TBC, but I voted wrath because I was in an awesome guild and had the most fun raiding in that expansion. Not to mention the interesting scourge and Arthas background/territories. I loved TBC raids and dungeons most, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's interesting to see WotLK with the most votes... It wasn't so long ago when Wrath was getting dumped on from every angle.

I voted for BC. Since I raided pretty hardcore back then I had a lot more fun. And there was no gimmick that is 'hardmodes' like there are now-a-days. Raids were hard (at least at the start of the expac) and killing a boss was fun. I thought Wrath sucked; hated leveling in that expac and find it very odd that people think Ulduar was a great raid. After raiding in TBC, Ulduar was crap. I enjoyed ICC a lot more than Ulduar.

TBC - Vanilla - MoP - Cata - Wrath is how I feel about it!.
    Last edited by Marema; 2012-12-10 at 08:39 PM.

I began playing WoW at the end of BC, so I never was able to experience the raids at the time. I remember sharing my first Outland leveling experience with an infinite supply of Death Knights.

Every expansion I've experienced has been less than typical, and each era had its pros and cons.

Best- MoP has really made me want to play WoW again.

Worst-Cata, hands down towards the end. The questing was fun, and I liked the old world revamp, but the Cata zones weren't very fluid.

BC was great. Only thing that could have made it even better was 10/25 modes for everything. 2.0 was incredibly hard and time consuming without being grindy. The 1% was through kara and working on Gruul/Mag and even tier 5 within the first few months. The good players were solidly entrenched in tier 4. The more casual players were leveling for months. 2.1 came out at the perfect time to enable everyone to advance further. Removing the BT/Hyjal attunements after 6 months helped people advance even further. Nerfs were on a case by case basis rather than across the board percentages. It was quite a lot of fun. Felt like it was much more cared for and treated like a work of art rather than a simple game of numbers.

Classic/TBC because I was 20 years old, studying, unemployed and could play a SHITLOAD of hours every day/night. That'll be the case for a huge portion of the player base. We've grown up with the game and the glory days were when we had so much free time to play.

MoP is fantastic but I'm not a kid anymore. I work 9am-5pm Mon-Fri and simply can't put the hours into the game that it demands.

10+ Year Old Account
    TBC..

They added the LFG in WOTLK.. Enough for me.

Vanilla was the best because you didn't need specialized pvp gear to pvp.

Resilience gear is what caused the rift between PvE'ers and PvP'ers.

They could have done soemthing about pvp gear rather than the god awful ranking system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blimey View Post
    Arenas, heroics, smaller (more managable) raids, badge rewards etc.

BC needs alot more credit than it gets.
    Arenas, yes, that's new technology. Heroics I'd chalk up as a maybe... the only reason they're different is because they use the same instance portal and a toggle. "Smaller" raids don't mean anything; it didn't require "new technology" to make raid groups of fewer people... they had differently sized raids since vanilla WoW.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I think MoP is really the most fun. Tons of fun stuff to do.

Vanilla - was neat and new. Questing was pretty horrible though. Running all over the place was pretty lame imho.
    BC - pretty friggin awesome. Putting groups together for heroic 5-mans was pretty horrible though. "LF 1 tank, then g2g" for hours on end.......bleh. Not very alt friendly either, which led to some level of boredom for me.
    WotLK - was a good amount of fun. Being able to raid with more alts made this one a fun expansion. For me, Alts = raiding variability = don't get bored.
    Cata - the remade 1-60 was phenomenal. Made leveling fun again (and quests were significantly more immersive than before). Getting randomly burned up by DW was pretty funny too. Even easier to raid with alts - which made this a really fun expansion for me.
    MoP - the sheer amount of content is just insane. I feel like I'm always doing something different, which is a ton of fun for me. imho - questing is the best its ever been. Kudos to Blizz so far on this one. It's still early tho....so tough to rate the expansion as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Malkazam View Post
    TBC..

They added the LFG in WOTLK.. Enough for me.
    Did that change the game for you?!?!?! "aaaw nooo" the 'adition' of lfr changed my whole experience......."

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Still TBC for me.

WotLK and Cata made me want to vomit most of the time. The raiding in MoP has kept me happy, but the rest of it has really disappointed. The dailies alone drop MoP behind WotLK for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Condemner View Post
    Did that change the game for you?!?!?! "aaaw nooo" the 'adition' of lfr changed my whole experience......."
    That thing change the game for everyone. I personally think that this is the line between the ''old wow'' and the ''new wow'' who have take a ''casual turn''

So yeah LFG / LFR change anything for the realms community and that a huge thing since WoW is a MMORPG.

You play solo with other people who play solo and don't really give a f.. about you.

Back in the days , you HAVE to search your groups/party members yourself. Stay with these 4 others dude in a 1 hours long Heroic. Talk to them , laugh with them , have fun.

My friendlist was full back then. I received whisper from people who want to invited me to do heroic or even raid. That was fun.

That was a big difference between Casual/hardcore and i don't understand why people cry about it nowadays. If you play more , its normal to have more but a lots of players want more without doing anything now.

Since LFG/LFR Well.. realms community die , players became a bunch of douche who can't even says hi.

So yeah. For me and for a lot of people i'm sure.
    Last edited by Malkazam; 2012-12-16 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malkazam View Post
    Back in the days , you HAVE to search your groups/party members yourself. Stay with these 4 others dude in a 1 hours long Heroic. Talk to them , laugh with them , have fun.
    Thing is in the past levelig dungeons for example on smaller server ... even if you searched for ppl, you wouldn't find anybody. It was either cross server lfg or not do the dungeons at all. It's different at max level, but simply having the option to queue with just ppl from your server should improve the situation a lot.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Deleted
    Looks like WotLK is winning. Cata and Vanilla were by far the worst eras, this chart even confirms it.

Deleted
    People who didn't vote for TBC or classic confirmed for not knowing shit about wow.

Deleted
    The community was better in the days of TBC, that's mostly what mattered to me. It's not so much what raids expansions had, or how difficult something was, or what stats were at play, but the transition from TBC to Wrath brought in more X-realms.

So I'll be completely subjective and say TBC was the best expansion for the sole reason that by WotLK my guild disbanded in the form that everyone migrated to their own server. And people couldn't be blamed, we were playing on Silvermoon EU since the the beginning of WoW which completely died by the time WotLK was released. You can't stop guilds migrating from your server all the time with gameplay mechanics or visual effects, but those constant migrations are what pretty much killed the core of the game, the social part, at least for me.

In terms of community, the vanilla WoW / BC area. Sure there were still idiots and dicks, but far more people that were helpful and friendly. In terms of gameplay and content, MoP. Much better then Cataclysm and plenty of changes I like, even if I think dailies are bad gameplay.