Poll: Which Era Was The Best?

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The best era? From launch to now. Not now as the exact time of this post, but now as the everchanging present. World of Warcraft was, is, and will be a great game. You can't really complain about a game that has content added, and changes made every few months. You can't complain about a game that has had numerous designers, artists, and engineers working on it. You can't complain about a game that has had numerous different design philosophies used on it. So, the very fact that the game has stayed so popular for so long means that the time the game has existed is an era in and of itself.

Best Era: The eight great years, and counting, that this game has existed.

Wrath had amazing raids but was also polluted with some of the worse, hence my vote goes to tBC. I personally cannot remember a raid I really hated (hyjal was a little annoying) and also loved the attunements, it gave the raids a little more meaning.

I liked wrath and its entire story drive, but I disliked how it became the first expansion directed the game into some bad ideas; lack of attunements, burst-fest pvp, taking out class uniqueness, Heroic raids, and easy ability to skip raid tiers.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    No, it's actually because people preferred Wrath over TBC.
    I remember like it was yesterday.

"WoTLK is too casual and easy".
    "WoTLK is the worst expansion ever" [then the dreadful Cataclysm came].
    "WoTLK heroics are too easy, epics don't feel epic anymore".

WoTLK was the start of the downfall of the game. Cataclysm destroyed it [...in more ways then one]. Sometimes I think that Blizzard got fed up with all the WoTLK is bad and said fuck it let's make Cataclysm suck and troll the community. Bashing TBC makes people look like a fools in my eyes, obviously something went wrong between WoTLK and Cataclysm that made people quit [i.e. going from retarded easy for two years in [WoTLK] to retarded hard [4.0] and then back to retarded easy [4.3 / LFR].

Lest we forget the horrible people and the rift in the community that WoTLK brought.

Quote Originally Posted by Peso View Post
    Bashing TBC makes people look like a fools in my eyes,
    Right, because anyone with a different opinion is a fool. get over yourself.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    Right, because anyone with a different opinion is a fool. get over yourself.
    There's a significant difference between bashing and having a different opinion. Putting words into peoples mouths is disrespectful.

Deleted
    I remember like it was yesterday.

"WoTLK is too casual and easy".
    "WoTLK is the worst expansion ever" [then the dreadful Cataclysm came].
    "WoTLK heroics are too easy, epics don't feel epic anymore".

WoTLK was the start of the downfall of the game. Cataclysm destroyed it [...in more ways then one]. Sometimes I think that Blizzard got fed up with all the WoTLK is bad and said fuck it let's make Cataclysm suck and troll the community. Bashing TBC makes people look like a fools in my eyes, obviously something went wrong between WoTLK and Cataclysm that made people quit [i.e. going from retarded easy for two years in [WoTLK] to retarded hard [4.0] and then back to retarded easy [4.3 / LFR].

Lest we forget the horrible people and the rift in the community that WoTLK brought.
    I too remember endless threads of:

*TBC is shit compared to Classic
    *These raids are f*****g overtuned*
    *Fix (insert class here) BLIZZ NOW FFS* x10
    *FIX BUGS ALREADY BLIZ FFS cant raid because you suck*
    *Flying mounts made me quit, good job BYE!*
    *FIX SHIT ARENA UNBALANCED ! THATS NOT REAL PVP*

I could go on forever .

So yeah, tbc was way more hated during and at the beginning of wrath.

Later on though , dunno why ( prolly nostalgia but i am not going to say it was 100% that ) , people started thinking back only at the first 3 bosses of kara and say it was nice.

Good day !

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrath, BC, and Mists for me are all really strong for me for various reasons, but I think Wrath comes out ahead. BC and Mists are about tied, based on the small amount of Mists we've seen so far.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

There's a significant difference between bashing and having a different opinion. Putting words into peoples mouths is disrespectful.
    No one is doing that. The only disrespectful thing going on is you saying anyone who doesn't agree with you is a fool and that they "don't know any better". You're a fucking joke.

PS: I started in TBC and still say Wrath is better. Am I a fool? No, it's called opinions. Learn them or don't have proper discussions.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post

I could go on forever .

Later on though , dunno why ( prolly nostalgia but i am not going to say it was 100% that ) , people started thinking back only at the first 3 bosses of kara and say it was nice.

Good day !
    Just thought i would throw in my 2 cents as someone who has generally had an active account since the game came out. If you are like me and have played since the beginning, there is a very good chance BC was the pinnacle of WoW for you. For me it's *arguably* the best expansion and/or era of the game. But I do think the fact that it was the first expansion and the game was still quite new and awesome to people who had been playing vanilla, plays a big part in why people like me enjoyed BC the most.

For example, someone who had just started playing at the end of BC or Wrath obviously has a different opinion, as the game always feels better when it is fresh and new to you. That and, different people have different experiences in game. Generally the time of the game where you had great friendships within it will be your best period.

But i really just had to quote that guy up there^, and tell you that, that is absoloutely NOT how the community recieved the Burning Crusade. Of course, there were people who probably didn't like certain aspects of the game, but it was nothing compared to how the community began acting after Wrath came out. In BC, the game was still so fresh and most people were so addicted to it and enjoying it, most wern't even thinking about complaining, we all just wanted to play. The game was, what it was. (There was always a certain level of complaint with classes being OP, and FOTM of course, but that's just how the game is and will always be)

In wrath and as the game went on, it became more obvious to people that with voice and complaint, Blizzard could pull a string and change something pretty easily in the game. And they did this in many patches and expansions, mostly because the subscriber base was reaching it's peak and so many more people were starting to play. They had to try and accomodate everyone. The more Blizzard made changes to the game, the more people felt entitled to voice there opinion and try to have the game changed to the way they wanted it. Even if those changes were not the best thing for the game as a whole.

It's kind of a stupid argument. For it to make sense, you cannot have two people giving an opinion on what expansion was the best unless BOTH people:
    1) Started playing the game at the same time
    2) Had very similar experiences within the game

So.... meh.

All I know is that, being someone who has way too much played time notched up in this game, I am ready for it to fade away and for Titan, or whatever Blizzard's next major MMO is, to get released.

Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post

I could go on forever .

Good day !
    The difference between the end of WoTLK and TBC was that TBC didn't begin the decline of the game. People didn't hate TBC more than WoTLK that's nonsense. You're just mad because you can't handle the truth.

You're mistaking TK/SSC for current content when it was specifically overtuned so people couldn't clear it while T4 was current.

People will complain about everything and anything. Out of 8 million people there was someone complaining. I didn't have a guild member or anyone in trade quit over flying mounts on a PvE server at least.

Fix (insert class here) BLIZZ NOW FFS* x10
    The game was fairly new. The game is more unbalanced now.

This is where I know you're pulling crap out of your ass. Arena was more balanced at its launch then it is now or ever has been.

Or maybe because they sucked.

People didn't say that. There were some that quit but the majority stayed. Hence the subscription numbers stayed stable and went even further up.

Belial is that you? You're the lord of lies aren't you.

---------- Post added 2012-12-23 at 02:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    No one is doing that. The only disrespectful thing going on is you saying anyone who doesn't agree with you is a fool and that they "don't know any better". You're a fucking joke.

PS: I started in TBC and still say Wrath is better. Am I a fool? No, it's called opinions. Learn them or don't have proper discussions.
    I shouldn't have to explain myself again so I'll just say you're wrong and you're doing that.

PS: If you want a proper discussion then don't quote one phrase out of my argument and start saying that I think people are fools for having a different opinion.

Deleted
    Not going to quote those fact-less long posts above me so i will just answer generally.

What i say its what it was going on during those time.

Tbc pinnacle of wow time ? Maybe during tbc yes, then wotlk came.

A shit load of people complained about arena and pvp unbalanced during tbc ( ask any serious pvper ). Seem you didnt play it so you cant remember the unkillable druids healers and many other fotm classes.

And no i am no belial, i just say what the truth is.

I know you guys like to think that tbc was all happiness and rainbows .. but truth is another.

And those i linked are a short amount of complains during tbc, i could list a longer list if i wanted.

So yeah , tbc was as hated if not more than wotlk ( as current ).

Time made it seem better because of the reasons i listed .

Deleted
    Wotlk because of how good PvP was Season 8. If i look on it from the PvE side i'll have to go with TBC, i had the most fun i've ever had in PvE raiding Black temple and hyjal summit.
    Last edited by mmoce1d4aa0cd7; 2013-01-20 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikepic View Post
    I read the title and immediately expected to see pages full of people reply with BC. I agree BC was really good (I enjoyed every expansion including Vanilla) but I enjoyed my time the most in Wrath. Probably b/c I was more involved in raiding and I had a larger sample of friends who played regularly.
    Pretty much this. I used to think BC was the best because it was the most challenging for me (I started playing WoW a few months after BC's release). I had a lot of fun raiding. Looking back now though Wrath was definitely my most favorite. My server was active and I loved hanging around Dalaran with my server peeps. Raiding was the most fun for me, I loved ICC and Ulduar. The leveling zones were awesome. It's really sad how much has changed from Wrath to MoP, now my server is pretty much dead, really no raiding competition etc...I don't think WoW will ever be as popular as it was back in Wrath and I'm sad about that =(
    Signature created by Engelen <3

Had the most fun in Wrath but only because of the people I raided with, it was not my favorite content. I loved the content in BC but so far MoP is on track to be my favorite. Hated Cata.

Cata is underrated lol. It brought finally fun to leveling. I hate wrath because they killed my fav character...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm only saying Wrath because it really was the era of Xavius (Horde EU). The server was actually alive at that point, pugs were happening, the economy was decent. After Cata the realm just slowly died off.

Deleted
    BC was meh, WotLK was cool, Cata was awesome, MoP is fantastic!

Wrath for damn sure. Burning Crusade was fine and all, but I think it's remembered so positively because of how extremely new and different it was from the original WoW. Kara is still one of my favorite raids of all time but nothing beats the continent of Northrend. The lore was great, the quests were great, especially how well they tied in with the whole Lich King story and I just LOVED the style of the dungeons and raids. I really thought I was going to love MoP but honestly I don't really care for the somewhat overdone Asian theme of the expansion, otherwise most of the changes they've made are pretty great. Wrath was also the first time in WoW that I was a really serious raider along with the rest of my guild which I'd been with for nearly 4 years so it was a really awesome experience. Just thinking of all those nights spent in Naxx has me all nostalgic ^__^ but anyway... yeah, Wrath lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Burning Crusade used to be my favorite expansion, but after thinking about it today, I realise it was only that due to Black Temple which was the first scenic and epic raid delivered, not to mention it was the first expansion, so it had no competition compared to vanilla.

MoP have delivered on all fronts of the game play I seek in the game, so far it is definitely taking the crown!