Old Gamers, Help me find a game!

So, the last few years a game has been buggering me. I can't for the life of me remember what it's called, what the plot is, or what era it's from.
    I've been seaching up and down the web for it, just to see if I'd be lucky and find the title on it. Today I've finally on the edge of giving up trying to find it, and are posting here as my final attempt to find it. Let's see if any of you lovely fellows recognize the description.

The game is about controlling tanks, in a cartoon'ish environment. You control either a Bird or a UFO with a giant magnet, that flies around controlling the tanks. I believe it was a sort of eliminate the other computer controlled tanks. You could then pick up upgrades scattered around the map with your Bird/UFO, and apply them to your tank. Such upgrades could be a flamethrower instead of a normal gun-barrel. I -believe- that the main Bird/UFO was controlled with the mouse mainly.

I have a suggestion for the title of the game, which would be "Tankatonik". But sadly, it isn't the right title, but I believe it's something along those lines.

I picked up the demo for the game back in the day on one of the many software CD's with Demos for games, that magazines used to have with them along with reviews.

The game must have been from around the start of 2000. I don't have anything else but that to go on, so I hope the description will be enough for one of you to go; "Hey, I know that game, It's called 'x'!".

I sincerely hope any of you can help me.

-Bommy

Edit: I'm not used to write on Forums, so i realize that this may be the wrong place to ask such question. Please correct me if so, and I will take my question to the right place.
    Last edited by Bomula; 2012-12-08 at 11:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    I'm sure the gaming forums or something will have the answer for you.

---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 11:35 PM ----------

I'm sure the gaming forums or something will have the answer for you. Try the video game forums. Good luck man.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomula View Post
    So, the last few years a game has been buggering me.
    i cant help with the name of the game, im afraid. but i can offer some language advice. the phrase you are looking for is "bugging me". what you said means something very, very different. trust me, you dont want to be doing that with a game.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    i cant help with the name of the game, im afraid. but i can offer some language advice. the phrase you are looking for is "bugging me". what you said means something very, very different. trust me, you dont want to be doing that with a game.
    Because unofficial slang has the same meaning everywhere, and that meaning never changes. I work with a British guy who says "bugger all" all the time, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't mean he wants to have anal sex with everything.

Edit: On topic, I've no idea what game you're talking about but it sounds like my last acid flashback.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomula View Post
    I have a suggestion for the title of the game, which would be "Tankatonik". But sadly, it isn't the right title, but I believe it's something along those lines.
    You were close its called Tanktics

http://www.gamespot.com/tanktics/images/13677/
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanktic..._video_game%29

Quote Originally Posted by Al3sinth View Post
    Thank you so much, that's exactly what I've been looking for!

And for those correcting my English, also thank you. My native tongue isn't English, so I've taken note not to use "Bugger" anymore

Again, thank you for your help Al3sinth.