What is this holy power gain from?

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/vxudr.../?s=913&e=1276

I'm noticing that in a lot of logs there is a power gain referred to simply as "holy power" and the tooltip seems to indicate that its the ret 4p pvp bonus. I cant figure out what on earth this might be coming from. This is post DP/4p interaction nerf btw

Couple ideas.
    Pvp holy 4 set.
    Healing beacon of light with flash or divine light.
    Seal of insight glyph.

Most likely from healing their beacon of light with flash or divine light.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Couple ideas.
    Pvp holy 4 set.
    Healing beacon of light with flash or divine light.
    Seal of insight glyph.

Most likely from healing their beacon of light with flash or divine light.
    none of the people I've looked at so far are using the pvp 4 set and I believe it shows up in logs as something else
    Healing the beacon shows as tower of radiance
    seal of insight glyph doesnt generate holy power right?

It's the PvP 4 set.

They might just not be wearing that when they log off. I'm using the 4 set myself, that's what it shows as in my logs.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaina View Post
    It's the PvP 4 set.

They might just not be wearing that when they log off. I'm using the 4 set myself, that's what it shows as in my logs.
    pvp 4set should give you 1 HP for every 3 you spend at most yet in this log he gets 61 normally, and gets 30 from that.. what am I missing here.

Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post
    pvp 4set should give you 1 HP for every 3 you spend at most yet in this log he gets 61 normally, and gets 30 from that.. what am I missing here.
    You're not counting the Holy Power he gets from the 4 set as well, that counts towards every 3 you spend just like any holy power gain would. He gained 91 Holy Power in total that log, divided by 3 that's ~30 (which is the amount he got from 4 set).

Quote Originally Posted by Shaina View Post
    You're not counting the Holy Power he gets from the 4 set as well, that counts towards every 3 you spend just like any holy power gain would. He gained 91 Holy Power in total that log, divided by 3 that's ~30 (which is the amount he got from 4 set).
    yep thats it i was just thinking about it incorrectly, thanks

He gets HP from taking direct damage, there's a talent for that. You can see tooltip in the log.

And no, it doesn't have anything to do with PvP sets.
    Last edited by Yonie; 2012-12-08 at 11:54 PM.

That's not a talent anymore, it's a glyph. And it's not damage anymore either, it's when you are stunned feared or immobilized. See http://www.wowhead.com/item=41110.

It is the 4 set, the tooltip that WoL links to is just wrong. I've done raids with and without it, and that's what it shows up as in logs.

Quote Originally Posted by Yonie View Post
    He gets HP from taking direct damage, there's a talent for that. You can see tooltip in the log.

And no, it doesn't have anything to do with PvP sets.

Lol really...and you believe there are no misleading tooltip errors in any of the WoL references? The 4pc holy pvp bonus was changed in S12. One of the above poster already confirmed it's what the power gained from his 4pc pvp shows that.

Anyone running it will also tell you it's possible to proc it more often than once every 8 seconds anyway aka misleading tooltip.

Reminds me of trade chat arguments linking wowwiki references that have not been updated for 2-5 years and are still considered as the official only truth. Knowledge bases and databases both contain various and numerous errors. If something reads awkwards, odds are it indeed is a mistake.

*edit* P.S. I had been defending that 4pc pvp holy was superior, in PvE to 4 misc 496 pieces all the way up until you could get 4pc PvE bonus. It's sad (well mostly because it's really the only class/spec that has such a HUGE benefit from their pvp set). Rdruids' and disc/holy is also somewhat potent but nowhere near that level. It super scales with T5 talents too for holy
    Last edited by Deau; 2012-12-09 at 12:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deau View Post
    It super scales with T5 talents too for holy
    I think it's no longer the case since 5.1. A WoG from a DP doesn't proc the 4p bonus.