Thread: Nose bleed

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Celar View Post
    Have you been punched in your nose?

I never had a nose bleed til I was 15, then I fell on my nose while skiing and since then I have had nose bleeds.

Same with a friend of mine.
    I haven't actually, I got a whiplash kind of smack to the back of my head last week when I was skiing, but it only hurt my neck and the back of my head.

As long as the blood is clotting I wouldn't worry too much about it. Weather changes can make the vessels in your nose break really easily. There's times where I'd get several in a day and then not have any for years. If it continues very frequently or if the blood stops clotting, then I would see a doctor.

Deleted
    Oh!

I have this problem too, especially during the winter. It's nothing that serious. This usually happens when your body's temperature changes drastically or you when get super cold or hot.

That's how it is for me, especially in the winter.

I went to several medics and they all told the only way to fix this is surgery, why? Because the vein is, like, expose or something, it's like on the outside, if that makes any sense.

When you bleed, if you touch the inside of your nose, you'll be able to touch and feel the vein, you shouldn't that's why it bleeds, and it sucks. :x

And oh, don't use normal tissues to stop the bleeding, use a non woven compress(I think that's the name), and put it inside the nose and don't move it much afterwards, to clean yourself, you can just use a towel, a tissue or wtv but put only a woven compress inside the nose, not anything else.

Hope it helps, this does to me and I stop my bleeds rather fast now.

I forgot to add, try and make the compress look like a cigarette and then insert it in your nose, it's easier this way than just "smash" it together and put it inside the nose.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2012-12-09 at 05:14 PM.

I used to have really bad nose bleeds to the point where I had to have my nose packed 4 times in 3 hours and my nose cauterized. The Docs chalked it up to thin blood vessels, allergies, and dry air. Best thing to do is to get a humidifier and keep that puppy running in your room at all times.

I'm going mental at this, I got another bleed today. The weird thing is they just come out of nowhere. I am just sitting here minding my own business and my nose starts bleeding.... I might as well just walk around with tampons shoved up my nose all day.

One of the things I am worried about is that I may be losing a lot of iron. My friend had to start taking special pills because of his nose bleeds.

Deleted
    If you are bleeding that uncontrollably, you should just visit a doctor then!

Lots of people already gave their opinions and if none of that works, you should just pay a visit to a doctor, and fast if you are that worried.

I'm also going to close this now because there's no real purpose to leave it open any longer.

I hope everything goes well for you.