1. #1
    Mechagnome Lyseria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    I like chickens. Don't you dare judge me!
    Posts
    542

    Gliding Azeroth Contest - Gliding in the longest time you can etc.

    Gliding Azeroth Contest:

    Questions and Answers:

    What is Gliding Azeroth?

    A: Gliding Azeroth is a contest where you are supposed to glide with a ''goblin glider'' where you can get @ 550 engineering (so its limited to the people with engineering only) from a place to another in the shortest time as possible.

    How can I do to parcipate?

    A: You can record a try of your own and then upload it to YouTube in a response to my Contest video and then send it to my YouTube inbox.

    What is the reward...?

    A: The reward is a Tuskarr Kite which I thought felt like a pretty nice reward according to the climate. P.S. It zaps you!

    Is a Timer needed?

    A: It's not a requirement, but it will sure help me, so if you could use the wow in-bulit timer or a timer from sony vegas that would be great and help me judge even more fair.

    When does the contest end and the winner will be announced?

    A: The contest will end on December 25th, 23.59, GMT. The winner will be announced in a video on December 26th.

    Requirements:

    1. 550 Engineering

    2. Goblin Glider on your cloak.

    Contest Video:



    Example of Response Video:




    Good Luck to all gliders out there!
    Last edited by Lyseria; 2012-12-09 at 11:35 AM.

  2. #2
    Brewmaster Buxton McGraff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Covina, California
    Posts
    1,489
    Awesome! I look forward to watching some of the videos.

  3. #3
    Awesome idea!

    Makes me wish I was an engineer. Good luck to all who participate!

  4. #4
    Mechagnome Lyseria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    I like chickens. Don't you dare judge me!
    Posts
    542
    Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    Awesome! I look forward to watching some of the videos.
    I was really eager to watch some of the videos aswell, that is kinda why I wanted to create the contest, because it seems very cool and can be someitme be tricky to get to the place you want, so you have to try sometimes.

  5. #5
    So, to clarify, the point is to glide from Temple of Storms to Ruby Dragonshrine in the shortest time possible?

  6. #6
    Mechagnome Lyseria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    I like chickens. Don't you dare judge me!
    Posts
    542
    Quote Originally Posted by Syladia View Post
    So, to clarify, the point is to glide from Temple of Storms to Ruby Dragonshrine in the shortest time possible?
    Yes. It is.

  7. #7
    Keyboard Turner
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Lair of Deathwing
    Posts
    4
    Nice contest, I will definetly try to get my try in by today

  8. #8
    The Lightbringer Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In your dome.
    Posts
    3,565
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyseria View Post
    Gliding Azeroth Contest:

    Questions and Answers:

    What is Gliding Azeroth?

    A: Gliding Azeroth is a contest where you are supposed to glide with a ''goblin glider'' where you can get @ 550 engineering (so its limited to the people with engineering only) from a place to another in the shortest time as possible.

    dont have the ability to enter the contest, but I've gone from the high peak by shirne of seven stars to Klaxxi'vess

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

  9. #9
    Mechagnome Lyseria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    I like chickens. Don't you dare judge me!
    Posts
    542
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    dont have the ability to enter the contest, but I've gone from the high peak by shirne of seven stars to Klaxxi'vess
    That's really cool! I will make more 'Gliding Azeroth' contests in the future so that may be a option for future contest.

  10. #10
    This seems great! Too bad I'm not an engineer.

  11. #11
    Mechagnome nachoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Colorado!
    Posts
    558
    Can i just play my monk and have a priest levitate me? you can go pretty far with that ninja kick....
    "BC was a hot chick that took alot of work but was rewarding in the end, Cata is the drunk chick that supplied similar results with less effort." -couldnt have said it better.

    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Give up trying to understand her, women tend to handle problems with emotion rather than logic.

  12. #12
    Mechagnome Lyseria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    I like chickens. Don't you dare judge me!
    Posts
    542
    Quote Originally Posted by nachoo View Post
    Can i just play my monk and have a priest levitate me? you can go pretty far with that ninja kick....
    I can't see why... send me a ''RE: Gliding Azeroth Contest'' video and it's valid.

  13. #13
    Warchief 1ns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    tdb
    Posts
    2,031
    OffTopic, me and some friends have a fun little thing we do. We all fly up to a high peak (the storm peaks temple, dalaran tower etc) and then all jump off at the same time and try to survive the fall - the only thing you are allowed to use are nogger-elexirs, they have a small pro chance to give slow fall, and they have a 16 sec cd too, so the chance of survival is pretty low

  14. #14
    Brewmaster Skeletroll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    This Toilet Earth
    Posts
    1,457
    Quote Originally Posted by NSrm View Post
    OffTopic, me and some friends have a fun little thing we do. We all fly up to a high peak (the storm peaks temple, dalaran tower etc) and then all jump off at the same time and try to survive the fall - the only thing you are allowed to use are nogger-elexirs, they have a small pro chance to give slow fall, and they have a 16 sec cd too, so the chance of survival is pretty low
    That's like russian roulette with sixshooter loaded with 5 bullets.
    Former unique snowflake


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •