Now that 5.3 is coming out next week, I had a few questions about mage changes. These questions are regarding pve raiding only (and to a degree, min-maxing).
1. Aside from the flat damage increase to AE, blizzard, and FS, are there any spec specific changes being made? I remember reading maybe a month or two ago that there was a good possibility that depending on your spec, blizzard and flamestrike were going to be instant (similar to reign of fire now and the old flamestrike respectively). Did I just read someone's hopeful speculations or was it real?
2. With the living bomb buff, will it be as good as NT for single target? For cleave 2-3 targets? Or will it strictly be for mass AoE? What's the logic/goal behind removing the explosion damage cap of 3 targets to all?
3. With the duration increase to IW equaling the cooldown, will it be a possible replacement for evocation/invoker's energy on fights where you take constant damage?
4. Why is flameglow getting nerfed again? Isn't it already weak and borderline never used?
5. I don't understand the mirror image change, can someone explain the reasoning? (lol)