Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cedrin View Post
    Just wonder if I'm only rogue with terrible luck in terrace. Have ran each week with extra rolls on Lei Shi. Also re-ran to use roll on Lei Shi. I have done this multiple times each week adding up to around 20 changes at loot and haven't gotten anything. Not even sigils of wisdom. Even changed up specs and ran through. Am I only one wit shit luck?
    No I feel the same way! I have got nothing from Lei Shi - even with bonus rolls. I finally got the other dagger that drops off of the Stone Guard a week ago, it was about time. I'm just so unlucky with weapon drops I still have one 463 dagger (which I've upgraded) and need a new one!

With a 15% chance to win loot (and assuming the same chance for bonus rolls), 20 kills + rolls = 1-(0.85^20) = .962 chance you got something at some point. Either you're extremely unlucky, or you're exaggerating for effect. Of course, it gets more complicated if there's multiple items off a boss and you only want one, and you're not reporting the other items you've been winning, but yeah.

It happens. I haven't seen any loot in heart of fear lfr yet. From any boss. We're talking 27 loot rolls.

My observationis that the loot chance is more like 10% than 15% (based on how many items I've won via charms rolls and kill rolls over the course of the expansion thus far--anecdotal so take it for what it's worth).
    Last edited by shadowboy; 2012-12-15 at 01:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    With a 15% chance to win loot (and assuming the same chance for bonus rolls), 20 kills + rolls = 1-(0.85^20) = .962 chance you got something at some point. Either you're extremely unlucky, or you're exaggerating for effect. Of course, it gets more complicated if there's multiple items off a boss and you only want one, and you're not reporting the other items you've been winning, but yeah.
    Wish I was exaggerating... Worst part is lei shi has 4 items on loot table. Maybe next week. Even sigils of wisdom would be something. Been running all every week and only have 4

I have had... excessively bad luck in heart of fear. 1 piece of loot in 34 rolls so far.

I've gotten 7 pieces of loot from Lei Shi. One of the offset Leg pieces thats on his shared loot table, and 6 LFR Trinkets. Seriously. I have used 3 trinkets every week on Lei Shi hoping for my dagger, and still nothing. I do have Seven Star daggers, so it's not a huge deal.. but very frustrating when you see the purple and realize it's useless to you

Want to know bad luck? The only dagger that's dropped for my rogue so far in LFR is Un'sok's Amber Scalpel, a caster weapon that shouldn't even be available to rogues.

I've killed Lei Shi 3 times, got 2 daggers and a belt
    I've killed Sha once, got the helm token and the chest piece

All I want is Sigils

Edit, and shoulders today, no coin and I got the 3 remaining sigils
    Last edited by tylenol; 2013-01-31 at 07:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    Sometimes, RNG is just terrible. According to my main toon, I've killed Gara'jal 16 times (8 normal and 8 LFR). I've used a token on every time. So in 32 potential loot rolls, I've gotten 0 weapons. Add to that the Sha-touched weapon in HoF and I'm around 40 chances at a weapon without any luck (still using the blue weapons I got on the 3rd day of the expansion). Just keep at it. You'll eventually get it.
    Pinch of salt before I start: I have daggers and would prefer them. However, for combat...

I did LFR Garajal 12 times, did about 8 tokens for 20 chances. Have done it normal 12 times with 12 tokens for 24 chances. I've done HoF 12 times, used a token, for 24 chances. That's nearing 70 chances for a fist weapon. I'm fairly sure our monk would have let me have it had one dropped.

But I feel that's pretty miserable.

Quote Originally Posted by Drynix View Post
    Together with a few guildies we got a new theory on the loot system, the more you slack, the better your odds. :P

So go forth! SLACK ON LEI SHI! And may the slack grant you loot!
    That would work great if it wasn't for the fact most people are just using that as an excuse to do nothing. That and my 5 toons that are all ilvl480 4 thanks to LFR only, I got in, I give it my all, sometimes I get to be #1, rarely below top 5. Of course, all the people slacking, it's hard to tell. Either way , I got lots of loot for trying.

i'm up to 52 kills (not kidding) between the 2 bosses in scarlet halls and gate respectively, going for agi bracers, and have never seen them drop. 52 kills.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demeia View Post
    Pinch of salt before I start: I have daggers and would prefer them. However, for combat...

I did LFR Garajal 12 times, did about 8 tokens for 20 chances. Have done it normal 12 times with 12 tokens for 24 chances. I've done HoF 12 times, used a token, for 24 chances. That's nearing 70 chances for a fist weapon. I'm fairly sure our monk would have let me have it had one dropped.

But I feel that's pretty miserable.
    You are combat when fighting him right? Last I heard the fist weps wont drop for you as sub or mut, only combat. Rolls take active spec into consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

11 weeks and been using my gold coin every time and still haven't got the daggers from Lei Shi. Im revered with the black prince and have the legendary gem ready to use it on the dagger and nothing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saegno View Post
    You are combat when fighting him right? Last I heard the fist weps wont drop for you as sub or mut, only combat. Rolls take active spec into consideration.
    Wrong, i'm pretty much only exclusively playing assassination right now and i got the LFR fist weapon off gara'jal yesterday.

To throw in my 2c, done LFR every week since it's release, cleared entire of normal modes 3 times, coining Lei Shi and SGuard every week (coined SGuard around 8-10 times), and I'm still using two blue heroic upgraded (471) daggers, and i have one LFR tier piece.

In contrast to this, my alt mage that i've ran through LFR once, and MSV normal around three times ever, has 4-set tier (2 LFR 2 from Sha World Boss) and an LFR sha weapon, and also has the 500 int gem, where as my rogue is 1 power shy of the 500 agi gem that I currently have no weapon to put it in.

Having to play my alt mage on Tsulong because I don't do the dps on my main rogue is hella cool.

All the while having to listen to people with 4 set tier and sha weapons in LFR complain that they've had the same trinket/weapon/tier set drop for them 5 weeks in a row, boo fucking hoo.

RNG sucks, Coins suck, this new system sucks.

/endrant

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by virtuosi View Post
    Wrong, i'm pretty much only exclusively playing assassination right now and i got the LFR fist weapon off gara'jal yesterday.

To throw in my 2c, done LFR every week since it's release, cleared entire of normal modes 3 times, coining Lei Shi and SGuard every week (coined SGuard around 8-10 times), and I'm still using two blue heroic upgraded (471) daggers, and i have one LFR tier piece.

In contrast to this, my alt mage that i've ran through LFR once, and MSV normal around three times ever, has 4-set tier (2 LFR 2 from Sha World Boss) and an LFR sha weapon, and also has the 500 int gem, where as my rogue is 1 power shy of the 500 agi gem that I currently have no weapon to put it in.

Having to play my alt mage on Tsulong because I don't do the dps on my main rogue is hella cool.

All the while having to listen to people with 4 set tier and sha weapons in LFR complain that they've had the same trinket/weapon/tier set drop for them 5 weeks in a row, boo fucking hoo.

RNG sucks, Coins suck, this new system sucks.

/endrant
    You won that as the normal chance and not on a coin ROLL didn't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

I've done the exact same thing as the OP. Use all my coins on Lei-shi every week (well, 2 coins on her and 1 on empress) since begin December....never had the weapons drop.

And my main was pretty much fully LFR geared within 1 month with barely any coins used(600 lesser coins and 8 elder coins left..).
    Curse you RNG!(well..on my rogue that is)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saegno View Post
    You won that as the normal chance and not on a coin ROLL didn't you?
    Yes. We have started heroics and cleared normals, I don't coin gara'jal LFR :P

Edit: And I dual spec Assass(PvE) and Subtlety (PvP), so a 0% chance I was combat.

I've gotten two heroic shoulder tokens off my extra loot rolls on H Lei Shi. I already had the normal shoulders and would have MUCH rather had a heroic trinket or a heroic dagger. The second tier token was just a kick in the face

Ive killed Lei Shi over 20 times on my hunter (14 lfr and 8 nhc or sth), spent a coin every time, and haven´t seen taoren or the trinket, ever.

I think Lei Shi, with FOUR items that rogues want, is terrible design.

I'm not sure of the exact mechanics of the coins, but here's my guess: there's some chance when you press coin that you get loot. If loot is selected, it's random from amongst the loot table. A typical boss has 2 items for a rogue, and lei shi has 4, one of which is the only sha-touched dagger in the game. So our coins are super useless- they are only half effective getting the gear you want, which is their stated purpose.

In a tier with 16 bosses, there is no excuse for:
    -Only one caster shield, and in MV to boot
    -Only one tank shield, and in MV to boot
    -Four-stacked loot bosses such as Lei Shi
    -Sha touched dagger, which is worth 620 agi, only on one boss. Get unlucky on this boss and it's comparable to "you can't flask this tier"