863. This poll is closed
  • I cancelled my subscription

288 33.37%
  • I'm still playing

575 66.63%
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    i am not playing due to the place I live at the moment has total shit for internetz, otherwise I would be subbed atm. Dial-up is pretty failz 2.7mbps woot woot lololol

I cancel my sub 2 weeks after i resub every month.

I fill out the question form every month saying i quit because the game has gotten worse and too easy.

Only downside to this type of feedback is that i often have to resub while in guild raids...

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    we both know that there are many people who have quit wow a long time ago and hold a grudge and will come in here a vote cancelled just to further there own "wow is dying" propaganda O-O
    Yeah.

And the OP never even responded to my post questioning him.

Seems a bit suspicious
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Thank you for bringing your guild name to my attention, now I'll be sure to give you something to WAHHH about.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    we both know that there are many people who have quit wow a long time ago and hold a grudge and will come in here a vote cancelled just to further there own "wow is dying" propaganda O-O
    Only thing I could "hold a grudge" against is a bunch of people indirectly telling me that I am a moron becouse I dont want to play WoW atm and instead I am playing "some random piece of s*** game which nobody cares about". Not against a game itself. Why would I hold a grudge against WoW? I used to love it and I have great memories associated with it. But when any sort of "game vs. game" argument comes out (which I agree is pointless in the first place), WoW fanboys always speak from the position of power. WoW is biggest and most succesul MMO ever, therefore I am right and everything else is garbage. It just ticks me off when I stumble on such people.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Actually, what you dont want is folks poking holes in your 'I hate blizzard and Wow campaign'.

Here is something you might learn, even if 100x your sample quit, it still wont change anything, Blizzard is NOT going to do it your way.
    Blizzard refuses to change anything since they feel the inane desire to strap all of their player base in foam helmets and make sure their pants are going on over their feet instead of their head. This should be getting more and more obvious in time, but apparently some of their players actually feel that they need this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sersel View Post
    1: Go do some research on how statistics work in the first place, if you really think you have a valid representative based on a poll on this site, go reseach some more on how it works. The only valid statistic you get out of this is how many people on this particulair site that actually could be arsed to vote on your cliche poll did or did not cancel their sub... utterly biased result here.

2: This site only does not represent the whole wow community, there are reasons people come here but that reason would not be only for playing wow... utterly biased result here as well.

3: If you had the numbers on how many of the wow community actually visited this site and from that number you have the number of people actively posting here (which I'm fairly positive on that you don't have those) you might come remotely close to a decent representative.... again utterly biased results.

4: Now when you read this, try to come up with another argument on why you are making threads like this as statistics is clearly not the reason, if you remain with your argument I cannot conclude other then you must have less statistical education then my 4 year old son. No this is not an insult, but it could be a statistic.

5: Elsewhere you claim a poll like this on the general wow forums would come out on top. If you claim that to be, why for heavens sake dont you make a poll there as the results would be far less biased there. You could have the whole MMO champion community voting your poll and still your results would be far, far from a valid number.
    Firstly, cleaned up your post and ordered it for easy response (aka, fixed typos and removed "bam"), as to my response as an outside source;

1: While it is a fairly biased result, it does give information, and more knowledge is never bad. Anyone who has studied statistics even if only in high school would realize that any data can be important depending on the situation. This poll strikes a good balance between having an unbiased sample and being non-invasive.

2: This actually makes this a better site to run this poll on as I explained in an earlier post. Because there are other things besides WoW to look at and deal with on these forums, it will still attract previous WoW players regardless of it being a primarily WoW based forum. Continued in 5.

3: Aside from merely having the maximum numbers, how would this help in the slightest? If he managed to get 1000 votes at this current rate of response (35% quit, 65% subbed) then by logical assumption it doesn't matter what the maximum is. If there are 10,000 posters then instead of 350 unsubbed voters by deduction you could assume there are 3500 unsubbed on these forums. If there were 1,000,000 you could assume 350,000. It does not mean it will be 100% accurate, but there is no reasonable way for a person to get a 100% response rate from a large populous. Not even the vote for the united states president has a 100% turn out, if you don't vote it isn't the problem of the people running the vote, it is yours for not voting.

4: Personal insults, and poorly made ones at that are a disgrace to any form of logical thinking. Posting some semi-valid arguments then resorting to common mistakes not even made by Junior High debate teams is terrible.

5: As continued from 3, I don't remember seeing anyone but you saying that general discussion on the WoW forums would be a better place for a poll. If you want the most biased results you could possibly get, you would post a poll there, as last I checked the only way to post there is to have a current subscription. Seems a rather good way to get the 100% of people are still subscribed poll some people posting here seem to desperately want to see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    These kind of threads with this kind of name are the places where haters gather to bash game and some other players too...

From what I seen it is players bash anyone who dare say they do not like what is happening in wow and quit
    Last edited by But I Hate You All; 2012-12-09 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by siafu View Post
    id like to point out i stilll like and play this game.
    but i find hard to believe those 10 million active players to be truth. by the time that statement came out during this expansion, was also around the same time wowprogress reported that there only 900k unique accounts with lvl 90 chars. are we really suposed to believe that less the 10% of wow population hadnt reach lvl 90 on a character?.
    Yes. Most of the people I know that DIDN'T actively raid or pvp on a hardcore level were still leveling their toon or leveling a Panda / Monk. I didn't hit 90 on my first toon until the 3rd week because I didn't feel like rushing it and wanted to enjoy the new content for once. Even after hitting 90, I pushed more towards finishing Pandaria Loremaster, rather than at the end-game content.

10 million does seem like a high total, but their snapshot was following the release of an expansion, which traditionally is higher than all other snapshots. I know 900k seems low when you look at it from an end-game raider / arena junkie perspective, but it seems pretty accurate given that the majority of players are actually very casual and don't really care about "I must hit max level ASAP!", playing at their leisure instead. If you spend more time around the people that are "noobs" you'll realize that there is a whole group of people that have a completely different approach to the game. Also, there are a lot of players that keep active subscriptions that just don't play. Those count too, because Blizzard is still collecting their $14.99 a month.

-------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekrosislol View Post
    Is it just me or are trolls getting worse and worse
    If by worse, you mean dumber and dumber with the same idiotic redundancy, then yes they are. Its actually pretty sad. In the beginning of Wrath and most of BC, the only trolls I really saw were people picking on those that couldn't or didn't do what they claimed and would shut them down -or- people that were trying to flex their "epeen" by bragging about something others hadn't or couldn't do, which people mostly ignored. Occasionally, you'd have that person that just messed with people that acted dumb or talked about how their guild was better than the other guilds (in the case of #1 vs. #2 guild kills), but the troll was often witty and could actually respond with smart remarks that made sense.

It seems around ToGC and ICC, "trolls" started to change. Instead of the witty person with smart remarks, it became others trying to make a name for themselves by acting like complete jerks and wanting to fight ... no matter how stupid the reason was. Some of them were just plain retarded. Others loved to make racist, discriminatory, or hate-speech comments in an effort to fluster a few people, which only led to their own suspensions / bans due to EULA and TOU violations -or- people disassociating from them, forcing them to transfer, name-change, or main swap. Sure, a cleaver play on words like "Invincible" and "Invisible" is slightly witty and getting people to answer "6 - 6 x 6 =" incorrectly proves someone forgot or never knew Order of Operation, but considering that part of the player-base that frequently talks in trade either has no grammar, can't spell, has low reading comprehension, or terrible math skills, it should be expected that you'd get a few of them to screw up.

The real problem is that the newer trolls are just plain jerks or actually ignorant people trying to feel less insignificant and stupid. Their jokes are no longer witty, but blatantly incorrect, which they have to try to argue to get continued responses. By the time they've said something for the third or fourth time, almost everyone reading trade has realized that ... yes, they really are that stupid -or- sigh, this "troll" enjoys looking dumb. Some intentionally try to bring up one of the "two things one should never discuss in public – religion and politics." We all know where that is going ... /facepalm. The worst part is, half of them have to TELL you that they're trolls because they're so HORRIBLE at it.

Of course the occasional idiot in Halfhill stating "Sylvian Warparty is up" or "Gallon spawned" is both ignorant and counter-productive to the troll's actual desires (if Salyis' Warband / Galleon were actually up, they'd want into the raid). Instead, when Galleon actually spawns, the group gets filled by the select crowd that knows how to intelligently speak with each other and PUGs are often left scrambling and upset that they couldn't organize a raid because no one believed them until its too late (and the original group won't tag-share with QQing morons).

In short, yes, trolls are getting worse at being trolls ... and better at being ignorant and self-destructive. I would encourage people to handle them like this: Right Click > report for (whatever they did) -or- just /ignore them. If you have the Prat addon and don't often put in main names, set their main name to something like "Idiot" for a quick reminder.

10+ Year Old Account
    I cancelled my subscription - Only because I've been tight on money. After I have more cash to spend I will start playing again.
    Packers - Penguins - Gators

Quote Originally Posted by bigjohnburger View Post
    Statistics, if enough people vote, are representative of a whole. "the game is wonderful" is your opinion. If anything a website like this will be biased towards people still playing. The fact that ~35% of people in this thread already unsubbed isn't looking good for you. Answer the thread or don't post at all next time. I don't want complainers.
    That only counts when the sample size is unbiased and taken from many different types of people. MMO forums are a distinct type of person or player and make up only a tiny segment of the types of people who play. So any sample size taken from forum goers can not be a clean sample and the results cannot be considered accurate. The fact is that subs have gone up, Pandaria zones are highly populated and people are enjoying their time more so than ever. You have some complaints about this or that, which happen every time something is changed. The trend in the last few years is to grab on the the flavor of the minute topic and recreate it to propagate it like it is something bigger than it really is. Blizzard has already commented on this a several times, their statistics do not match up with what the forums are complaining about. I trust their internal statistics over anecdotal rantings by forum trolls.

Why is there no "I unsubscribed before MoP" answer? I mean, could this poll be any more terrible to make long, sweeping generalisations out of?

I cancelled my sub, due to lack of time to play, but might be an LFR all star over winter when there is less to do.
    Whether the world's greatest gnats or the world's greatest heroes, you're still only mortal!

Deleted
    The only thing you will get out of this poll will be if the average mmoc forum poster is still subscribed to the game. Still interesting imo, but your approach to this topic is kinda wrong.

Poll needs a "I do still play but I pretend I don't regularly in order to bitch more" option.

Personally, I haven't cancelled. I still play occasionally, I still do auctions sometimes from my phone, I couldn't even give you a reason I don't really play much at all anymore just burnout I think, and I can't justify the time I play when there's so much I have to IRL now.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Poll needs a "I do still play but I pretend I don't regularly in order to bitch more" option.

Personally, I haven't cancelled. I still play occasionally, I still do auctions sometimes from my phone, I couldn't even give you a reason I don't really play much at all anymore just burnout I think, and I can't justify the time I play when there's so much I have to IRL now.
    It's an old game and burnouts happen.

I'm finding myself slightly burnt out and I still love the game.

Dunno what'll happen though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Deleted
    Im quite liking mop, but RNG seems to not want my lock to have epic legs. ever. Killed so many raid bosses and blown so many charms. I'm sure its bugged or something.

Still playing, for now. Maybe not when the weather breaks in spring.

Deleted
    I was looking forward to it, bought it, played it for a week and then hit a wall and realised I was just not enjoying it as much as I did Wrath or BC. Cataclysm kept me around purely for the PvP and the theme. Pandaria just feels like an easier version of Cata but with a theme which I just don't really enjoy, and more dailies, many many dailies! The look of 5.1 makes me cringe.

Exaggerated opinion I know, there are a lot of other reasons why I dislike pandaria, and a lot of reasons why I like panda too, but the above is the main reason. This is a disclaimer to those who feel it's their personal duty to convert me to the religion of "WoWisamazingGOTY2012".

Also, I hope you realise these posts won't get you any accurate results, and neither will Blizzard quarterly calls. the 10M includes those who 'tried' out one month of the expansion, and the 1M annual pass users. Theres a reason why they don't have an actively updated number of subscribers : )

Interestingly enough my account stats is cancelled as of now...

I cancelled my subscription, the game is getting old and there's better options available these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    How are Dailies not optional along with LFR?
    Because doing doilies gives your character a gear advantage. Any serious raider will do them.

If you try and argue the 45/week are optional, you will also need to argue that gemming/enchanting your gear and choosing talents/specializations are optional.