View Poll Results: Still Playing?

Voters
863. You may not vote on this poll
  • I cancelled my subscription

    288 33.37%
  • I'm still playing

    575 66.63%
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
... LastLast
  1. #61
    The Patient Neonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Gardena CA
    Posts
    213
    I want to come back to MOP but I already spend way too much and $15 for a month is too much when I only want to be on for a couple minutes. I wished there was an option to pay for 10days at a time because I don't want to feel like I "have" to play since I paid for a whole month.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by TxAg View Post
    If you by some stretch of the imagination got 1000 people to contribute to your poll, you would still have 1/100 of 1% of WoW's current subscriber base. Anecdotal evidence at best.
    This. Pretty sure ANY data you get from this poll will be 100% insignificant based on how statistics work.

  3. #63
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,558
    Quote Originally Posted by TxAg View Post
    If you by some stretch of the imagination got 1000 people to contribute to your poll, you would still have 1/100 of 1% of WoW's current subscriber base. Anecdotal evidence at best.
    Yeah but, have you not seen those adverts where 99% of men agree that their face felt more refreshed after using the new ubertasting revitalize cream9000? but they only asked 11 men...

    On-topic I actually came back for MOP and so did 5 of my friends. We play casually and we enjoy it, we've taken the advice from the monks and 'slowed down' there's so much content for me left I could be playing for months. I've only reached exalted with the tillers and haven't even tried a pet battle yet, haven't done a challenge mode and I have only done two scenario's.
    Random stuff WoW UI Enthusiast WoW
    Youtube Some old UIs care#2582
    Stream (WoW most evenings now) Lastest UI (Roth's Diablo inspired) EU-Horde

  4. #64
    This. Pretty sure ANY data you get from this poll will be 100% insignificant based on how statistics work.
    I'm not trying to sound mean here, but you obviously haven't taken a statistics course. ;P 1000 is a very, very good sample size.

    If there's anything to criticize about the poll here, it's the attributes of his sample rather than the size of it.

  5. #65
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Fuck you, that's where.
    Posts
    4,492
    I'm still playing but I cancelled my Subscription! I'm just not going to vote then.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side.

  6. #66
    Expansion is two months in, if you are going to compare it to other ones you can only compare launch content, and MoP is certainly up there in quality, IMO, and while I enjoy several aspects of the game, the whole reason I play is to raid, so that is in large part what I base my opinion off of.

    A lot of people are just plain tired of the game....ultimately every MMO is almost the same....quest, level, get better gear to kill bad guys, throw some crafting in, etc. It's absolutely the same old shit in that regard, and as a former altoholic I can't get myself to give a shit about anything more than my main character right now, as I said, I play to raid, I enjoy it as much if not more than I did when I first started to raid in Karazhan. To answer the poll, yes, I'm still subbed, and if they reproduce the quality of t14 in the new raid tiers (doesn't have to have 16 bosses though) then I will be happy. If they give us more half-baked crap like DS, then I'll probably give it a break for a while.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjohnburger View Post
    Yes you can get an idea, you just have to calculate how many newer players are coming in with those who are quitting so obviously it won't be down to 6.7 million but it should be going down unless new players are outweighing those who leaving. Plus I'm only interested in how many people are quitting in the US because our subscriptions cost much more than that of other countries.
    US Sub is cheaper then the EU one...just saying...

    On topic: cancelled a while ago - simply Played the Game for to Long...had Good Fun with it for the years it lasted

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjohnburger View Post
    Statistics, if enough people vote, are representative of a whole. "the game is wonderful" is your opinion. If anything a website like this will be biased towards people still playing. The fact that ~35% of people in this thread already unsubbed isn't looking good for you. Answer the thread or don't post at all next time. I don't want complainers.
    If 35% of the people who responded to this thread unsubscribed and you claim that represents the whole, then that means Blizzard would have lost over 3 million players in three months, which is unprecedented. You're going to have to do better than just saying "it's representative of the whole"... Sure, it is, to an extent, but you're hardly going to get accurate results just from arbitrarily looking at the percentages of voters.

  9. #69
    There's pros and cons to every expansion (which I don't feel like getting into), but positive wise it feels like an expansion again and that's the most important thing to me, especially coming off Cata which obviously felt very disconnected. I'm still subbed.

  10. #70
    Unsubbed. Not really a lot of things that I hate, the total casualization is already inevitable but I cba to do those dailies for 1h+ everyday (and that is for one character).

  11. #71
    Dreadlord Renwin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    822
    I seriously don't know what you're getting at with this. Even if the sampling is good, there are still a lot of factors that will make the polls inaccurate. Might take a break, but not a very long one.
    My General Gaming Blog *Latest Updated: 9/25/14*

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Waniou View Post
    No you can't. Unless you expect sub numbers to be down to either 6.7 million or that 47 people will have quit.
    Best post in weeks. Just had me almost choking on my breakfast coffee.

  13. #73
    So good sir, without having the information that only Blizzard has, where would you propose getting a good sample. A popular WoW fansite with enough other information on separate games and real life events to keep even the unsubscribed coming back seems the best place to get a somewhat unbiased poll. Unless I happen to be missing something?
    You don't, because no data is better than wrong data.

  14. #74
    Brewmaster Klingers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Parliament of the Daleks
    Posts
    1,401
    I basically just didn't put another game card on rather than actively cancel a subscription. I'm currently unsubbed, but I can't really articulate very well why...

    I've got heaps of respect for what they've done. I got a monk to 81, got my lock to 90, had a blast levelling, love Pandaria... But eh... I just wasn't feeling it. I saw this wall of "Do the same shit every day! Grind Cloud Serpents! Grind August Celestials! Grind Golden Lotus, and Klaxxi! Grind Shado'pan! Grind valor points to buy your rep gear! Grind valor points to upgrade your gear! Grind scenarios and dungeons! Grind LFR with totally randomised low-rate gear drops! Grind extra-roll charms!"

    I know that really that's what WoW's always been, and I'll happily say that MoP's presentation of the grinding is actually far more varied and slick than any expansion yet... But maybe I'm either too old or it was just too much at once. I pretty much said to myself flat-out "Fuck this. Not grinding."
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjohnburger View Post
    Statistics, if enough people vote, are representative of a whole. "the game is wonderful" is your opinion. If anything a website like this will be biased towards people still playing. The fact that ~35% of people in this thread already unsubbed isn't looking good for you. Answer the thread or don't post at all next time. I don't want complainers.
    You know, people can still play even if they cancelled subscription. I used to do that to not be automatically charged each time my subscription ends...

  16. #76
    The Insane det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    17,993
    I believe the sample size will be far to small, because you poll in a very special area of the players. Official subnumbers are 10 million. I am one of them. According to your poll 167 people play WoW and 87 don't. I am not sure what you will do with these numbers?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

  17. #77
    Ive always wondered why people that dont play the game post here, probably looking for a reason to come back or reminding themselves not too.

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjohnburger View Post
    This thread will most likely be biased because most people that are on mmo champion play wow but I wanted to get some statistics on how the game is doing numbers wise. I'm not going to say what I put but I welcome people to post what they liked/ didn't like about this expansion and compare that to previous expansions.
    look over 30 million people have played and then quit wow nomatter what the amount of people who have left the game will always be bigger then the amount of people playing
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  19. #79
    The Insane det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    17,993
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjohnburger View Post
    Statistics, if enough people vote, are representative of a whole. "the game is wonderful" is your opinion. If anything a website like this will be biased towards people still playing. The fact that ~35% of people in this thread already unsubbed isn't looking good for you. Answer the thread or don't post at all next time. I don't want complainers.
    I believe that isn't entirely right. A poll isn't representative if you just poll a very special group. If you go into MC Donalds on a busy Saturday night, you will come out with a sample size of 100% of people like to eat at Mc Donalds. Now so that poll in a Bio-Supermarket.

    35% of the people in this thread unsubbed? So that means? What are the base of numbers you start on? Does that mean 35% less than at the start of MoP? 35% of what exactly? 10 million play, 7 billion do not play. So actually 99.9% of the people on earth are unsubbed.

    You don't want complainers? Then think before you post about what you post and how you present it. This is very wishy-washy
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

  20. #80
    Bought MoP and leveling 2 chars to 90 third to 89 then quit. Maybe it gets better some day and I'll return.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •