863. This poll is closed
  • I cancelled my subscription

288 33.37%
  • I'm still playing

575 66.63%
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Waniou View Post
    Then what's the point of the thread? You're not going to draw any valid conclusions from it.
    No but you can get somewhat of an idea of what the numbers will look like once blizzard announces it.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjohnburger View Post
    Sure there is? Name what else I could poll other than the wow forums, which i can't post on because I don't play anymore. Exactly.

---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 10:21 PM ----------

Well your coming along and instead of just answering or not bothering to answer it you instead say the only people that it will attract are people who're unsubbed, obviously trying to protect the people who still play. The fact that you yourself made that post refuted your own argument because you obviously don't hate the game.

---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 10:22 PM ----------

Isn't that why I said within the 3 sentence post that the thread would be biased?
    What are you talking about? I did answer it, by the way. I'm still playing. And I never said it would ONLY attract those people, just that would attract a larger number of those people than would be representative of the overall population.

No but you can get somewhat of an idea of what the numbers will look like once blizzard announces it.
    No you can't. Unless you expect sub numbers to be down to either 6.7 million or that 47 people will have quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    dont need a poll to tell me if im still playing or not playing thats none of your business, do you get off on polls and statistics or something.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

10+ Year Old Account
    Still playing, still loving it. Hell, I'm finding more reasons to keep shoving money at Blizzard with how fun RBGs are. Even though my class' spec got hit over the head a little harder than necessary (or so I feel anyway), being able to PvP with a lot of people I like has given me a new outlook on the game; coming from a previously dedicated PvE-er.

That holds as much weight as my 75% comment.

I love the Expansion, I just hate my server. I'm enjoying it more since the population on the server dropped form High to Low-end Medium... Its Low status in the middle of the night in the last month.

Most of the guilds that have been around, don't even exist anymore, or have 3-4 active people in them. I'm seeing almost no L25 guilds anymore, just a bunch of new guilds popping up left and right.

I see it as a good thing though personally, 2 guilds Horde side, and 1 guild Alliance side had control of the entire market, since they've empty / gone now, AH's have been really nice and stable at reasonable prices. No longer paying 80G for Green Tea Leafsx20 and 300G for Ghost Iron Ore x20. Or 90K for the Basic-color JC mounts... So on, so forth...

Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    dont need a poll to tell me if im still playing or not playing thats none of your business, do you get off on polls and statistics or something.
    People that aren't happy want to see other people not happy. The whole misery loves company thing. The worst thing that could happen for people like this is for subs to stay where their at. It would eat away at their souls.

Look at all the flame wars begun.

And no matter how lengthy or "though out" your response is, the reasoning for your post is the same no matter how politically correct you want to reword it. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    That holds as much weight as my 75% comment.
    Yes but the numbers were for my own purposes because I can get a better Idea once I get them with some common sense stuff.

Yes but the numbers were for my own purposes because I can get a better Idea once I get them with some common sense stuff.
    Okay, purposes for what.

Why does it matter to you if the 1% of the community from WoW who are on MMO-Champion, not even the official forum for WoW, are subbed or unsubbed?

What purpose does it hold.

Why didn't you just go around PMing people asking them if they were subbed.

Why make a public poll that simply incites a flame war.

Seriously.

No you can't. Unless you expect sub numbers to be down to either 6.7 million or that 47 people will have quit.
    Yes you can get an idea, you just have to calculate how many newer players are coming in with those who are quitting so obviously it won't be down to 6.7 million but it should be going down unless new players are outweighing those who leaving. Plus I'm only interested in how many people are quitting in the US because our subscriptions cost much more than that of other countries.

Yes you can get an idea, you just have to calculate how many newer players are coming in with those who are quitting so obviously it won't be down to 6.7 million but it should be going down unless new players are outweighing those who leaving. Plus I'm only interested in how many people are quitting in the US because our subscriptions cost much more than that of other countries.
    But why're you interested and in what way does it even effect you.

Quote Originally Posted by Descolada View Post
    This is my favorite thing about MoP. I love that people rage about dailies, and many don't do them. I want to be rewarded for my effort, and face rolling 5 mans and LFR don't count as effort. I hope they keep charms just they way they are, but remove the rep requirement from valor gear.
    How is facerolling 45 dailies any more effort than doing LFR or random dungeons?

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    How is facerolling 45 dailies any more effort than doing LFR or random dungeons?
    How are Dailies not optional along with LFR?

Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    Ya I sit here in my chair and touch myself to the thought of numbers. The poll shouldn't tell you if you're playing or not unless you have no sense of self and follow what others do.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    The official and only numbers are 10m at the moment.
    My question is, how do those numbers matter any more than the number of people that have quit?

Quote Originally Posted by TxAg View Post
    If you by some stretch of the imagination got 1000 people to contribute to your poll, you would still have 1/100 of 1% of WoW's current subscriber base. Anecdotal evidence at best.
    Most (as in easily 90%) of statistical data is gained from a small portion of a community. You don't find the average number of people who smoke from sending a poll to every single person in the nation, you get it from polling a small percentage and making educated assumptions off the results. Granted this probably isn't quite large enough of a population to make real assumptions for the whole community off of, but it is a far more reasonable place than say the WoW forums, where you can't even post without an active account, and definitely gives a reasonable guess for the people who post on these forums.

This is a terrible way to get a sample. The only reliable sample is a completely random one. No poll on any forum will ever be random, because you're only getting the portion of people who go to forums, and that's not a decent random sample.
    So good sir, without having the information that only Blizzard has, where would you propose getting a good sample. A popular WoW fansite with enough other information on separate games and real life events to keep even the unsubscribed coming back seems the best place to get a somewhat unbiased poll. Unless I happen to be missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Shininglight View Post
    You do realize you're asking a community on MMO-Champ that also doesn't play WoW anymore but will often check the WoW forums? That's most likely where your 33% comes from. People who are unsubbed doesn't mean they always hate the game. They either moved on, will come back at a later time, or life itself just got in the way and STILL check the forums. You're trying to start trouble. You're never going to get accurate results on this type of poll...NEVER. Try asking the whole world next time and maybe you'll have better results
    Or they are people who at one time played WoW, don't really feel like ever going back without drastic changes that will most probably never happen, and mainly still visit these forums for the fun and political threads. As for the bolded part, it would show that the WoW population as a whole is just a drop in the bucket to the world population, and would be mostly rhetorical. The only accurate information would be gained from Blizzard themselves, and I expect them to release numbers showing just how bad they could possibly doing roughly never. Most businesses never show information showing they are doing bad because of the psychological effects, no one wants to buy a game that is dying, however slowly.

I quit roughly 2 years ago now and really have no want to come back, I enjoyed my time playing in Vanilla, BC, and even Wrath... and Cataclysm really just butchered enough of the fun out of the game that I wouldn't want to come back. Imagine eating at a fantastic bakery for years and then biting into a fresh muffin from there only to find a thumbtack backed into the center... no matter how good the food was in the past, after that experience you really don't want to go back even though you really enjoyed your time going there. That's pretty much the point I am at.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to come back to MOP but I already spend way too much and $15 for a month is too much when I only want to be on for a couple minutes. I wished there was an option to pay for 10days at a time because I don't want to feel like I "have" to play since I paid for a whole month.

If you by some stretch of the imagination got 1000 people to contribute to your poll, you would still have 1/100 of 1% of WoW's current subscriber base. Anecdotal evidence at best.
    This. Pretty sure ANY data you get from this poll will be 100% insignificant based on how statistics work.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah but, have you not seen those adverts where 99% of men agree that their face felt more refreshed after using the new ubertasting revitalize cream9000? but they only asked 11 men...

On-topic I actually came back for MOP and so did 5 of my friends. We play casually and we enjoy it, we've taken the advice from the monks and 'slowed down' there's so much content for me left I could be playing for months. I've only reached exalted with the tillers and haven't even tried a pet battle yet, haven't done a challenge mode and I have only done two scenario's.