863. This poll is closed
  • I cancelled my subscription

288 33.37%
  • I'm still playing

575 66.63%
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessani View Post
    Yes. Most of the people I know that DIDN'T actively raid or pvp on a hardcore level were still leveling their toon or leveling a Panda / Monk. I didn't hit 90 on my first toon until the 3rd week because I didn't feel like rushing it and wanted to enjoy the new content for once. Even after hitting 90, I pushed more towards finishing Pandaria Loremaster, rather than at the end-game content.

10 million does seem like a high total, but their snapshot was following the release of an expansion, which traditionally is higher than all other snapshots. I know 900k seems low when you look at it from an end-game raider / arena junkie perspective, but it seems pretty accurate given that the majority of players are actually very casual and don't really care about "I must hit max level ASAP!", playing at their leisure instead. If you spend more time around the people that are "noobs" you'll realize that there is a whole group of people that have a completely different approach to the game. Also, there are a lot of players that keep active subscriptions that just don't play. Those count too, because Blizzard is still collecting their $14.99 a month.

-------------
    If by worse, you mean dumber and dumber with the same idiotic redundancy, then yes they are. Its actually pretty sad. In the beginning of Wrath and most of BC, the only trolls I really saw were people picking on those that couldn't or didn't do what they claimed and would shut them down -or- people that were trying to flex their "epeen" by bragging about something others hadn't or couldn't do, which people mostly ignored. Occasionally, you'd have that person that just messed with people that acted dumb or talked about how their guild was better than the other guilds (in the case of #1 vs. #2 guild kills), but the troll was often witty and could actually respond with smart remarks that made sense.

It seems around ToGC and ICC, "trolls" started to change. Instead of the witty person with smart remarks, it became others trying to make a name for themselves by acting like complete jerks and wanting to fight ... no matter how stupid the reason was. Some of them were just plain retarded. Others loved to make racist, discriminatory, or hate-speech comments in an effort to fluster a few people, which only led to their own suspensions / bans due to EULA and TOU violations -or- people disassociating from them, forcing them to transfer, name-change, or main swap. Sure, a cleaver play on words like "Invincible" and "Invisible" is slightly witty and getting people to answer "6 - 6 x 6 =" incorrectly proves someone forgot or never knew Order of Operation, but considering that part of the player-base that frequently talks in trade either has no grammar, can't spell, has low reading comprehension, or terrible math skills, it should be expected that you'd get a few of them to screw up.

The real problem is that the newer trolls are just plain jerks or actually ignorant people trying to feel less insignificant and stupid. Their jokes are no longer witty, but blatantly incorrect, which they have to try to argue to get continued responses. By the time they've said something for the third or fourth time, almost everyone reading trade has realized that ... yes, they really are that stupid -or- sigh, this "troll" enjoys looking dumb. Some intentionally try to bring up one of the "two things one should never discuss in public – religion and politics." We all know where that is going ... /facepalm. The worst part is, half of them have to TELL you that they're trolls because they're so HORRIBLE at it.

Of course the occasional idiot in Halfhill stating "Sylvian Warparty is up" or "Gallon spawned" is both ignorant and counter-productive to the troll's actual desires (if Salyis' Warband / Galleon were actually up, they'd want into the raid). Instead, when Galleon actually spawns, the group gets filled by the select crowd that knows how to intelligently speak with each other and PUGs are often left scrambling and upset that they couldn't organize a raid because no one believed them until its too late (and the original group won't tag-share with QQing morons).

In short, yes, trolls are getting worse at being trolls ... and better at being ignorant and self-destructive. I would encourage people to handle them like this: Right Click > report for (whatever they did) -or- just /ignore them. If you have the Prat addon and don't often put in main names, set their main name to something like "Idiot" for a quick reminder.
    Funny people talk about redundancy of a thread yet feel the need to post on it. You can't be witty when morons like yourself make stupid posts, wit needs wit to counter. If you don't like a thread don't post on it. Given the circumstances when your post is that long you just sound like a retard yourself.

---------- Post added 2012-12-10 at 02:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nekrosislol View Post
    Is it just me or are trolls getting worse and worse, I mean in game of course i would never call someone a troll on mmo-champ.

You quit the game.
    You feel like there is nothing left in your life.
    Get the fuck over it.
    Speak for yourself, you're still playing wow enough to get angry. Posting on a forum takes a second.

Mod Edit: Please don't insult people.
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2012-12-10 at 11:06 AM.

wit needs wit to counter
    Since when?

Though, really, why are you just insulting people instead of discussing the poll data, especially when you've already conducted a poll thus have something to compare against?

Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    Since when?

Though, really, why are you just insulting people instead of discussing the poll data, especially when you've already conducted a poll thus have something to compare against?
    it's a read between the lines statement. There's no point in being witty with someone whose being dumb.

Deleted
    Please stop the personal arguing and insults. If you don't have something on topic and relevant to the topic then move on. If someone posts something you consider to be rude, please report them, don't respond.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still loving it. The raids are really cool this tier.

The dailies are annoying, but lots complained about never going out in the world, I guess this is Blizz's way of making that happen.

While the game will never have that fresh feel again where you want to play lots and lots, there is more to do in game than ever. Even the pet battles are a cool idea, once you get over the fact it copied pokemon.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2012-12-10 at 11:13 AM.

Deleted
    Terrible game is terrible, sub cancelled few weeks ago. If there are no major changes within few months then I'll just 'move on'. Why force yourself to play a game you absolutely hate nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Friyn View Post
    Terrible game is terrible, sub cancelled few weeks ago. If there are no major changes within few months then I'll just 'move on'. Why force yourself to play a game you absolutely hate nowadays.
    what made you experience so terrible and what is it you want to see changed ?

Before MoP's release my intention was to play for a month or two, get some stuff done and then quit. I'm still doing stuff.

the only official number is 10 million, it may be less it may be more we won't know until the next time they give us the new number. i love dailies, call me a sheep or a fan boy or the gazillion other insults you can come up with but raiding, dailies, pet battles and brawlers guild is what makes the game worth it to me. And of course the guild i happen to be a member of.
    Last edited by Donald Hellscream; 2012-12-10 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    You're kind of mean and hostile to anyone who so much even suggests that they are no longer playing WoW or dislike WoW. Sounds like you have more of a problem than the poeple you're making assumptions about.
    i have nothing against people who dislike wow or have quit. there are a small number of people who when they talk negatively about the game they do so constructively and with actual valid concerns which is when real debates can arise.

however the vast majority of people who make these threads and post in them piggy back, dont make valid arguments, hate for the sake of hating, and act irrational. many of them completely falsify things and when people prove them wrong they refuse to listen to logic.

sadly most of the people who do make valid arguments get drowned out by the other people. people who are like a plague not only on the wow community but all gaming communities and they give gamers a bad name and most people would agree that not only wow but the vast majority of games would be better and more enjoyable without them.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I re-subbed 1 day before my sub was due to expire becuase I joined a decent raiding guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjohnburger View Post
    Why do you feel the need to post on here if it's garbage? Normal people would just pass it by if they didn't think it was interesting, you don't have to click it unless but I know you're angry at life. Piss off.
    Because your garbage post pollutes the front page of the forums.

I'm not angry at life, I'm angry at pathetic addicts who can't just step away, and feel the need to ruin the experience of playing a video game for people who actually enjoy it with their constant bellyaching.
    When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am currently playing but my in-game time is decreasing as the the weeks go on. My current subscription expires next March and I have no plans to renew it.

There are pros and cons to this expansion. For me, the cons are outweighing the pros, hence my decision to not renew.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Please stop the personal arguing and insults. If you don't have something on topic and relevant to the topic then move on. If someone posts something you consider to be rude, please report them, don't respond.
    Or you could just ban these whiners from the WoW forums.

Is this forum for people who play WoW to talk about the game, or is it for people who don't play WoW and want to bring as many people onto the hate train with them as possible?
    When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Cancelled and done with WOW

Quote Originally Posted by kojinshugi View Post

Is this forum for people who play WoW to talk about the game, or is it for people who don't play WoW and want to bring as many people onto the hate train with them as possible?
    Maybe it's for people that spent years playing WOW, hate the direction WOW has gone in the past couple of years and cancelled their accounts cause of it but follow the game, fan-sites and released information in hopes that at some point, the game redeems itself in their eyes.
    Last edited by quras; 2012-12-10 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Thanks for this! Went ahead and reported bigjohn for all his insults. Apparently he doesn't understand how a discussion works.

Don't waste your time with the mods here, they let WoW bashers, and whiners run rampant on these forums. If they instant locked/deleted threads like this there would be a lot less hate from people in threads.

Don't derail threads with moderation complaints: talk to the administrators
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-12-10 at 04:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjohnburger View Post
    Or it will attract angry die hard wow fans as shown above.
    I find it funny that anyone saying they are still subbed, or that 1k out of 10 million isn't enough data to see a trend, etc....are suddenly die-hard wow fans.

imho that term gets thrown around WAY to often.
    I am still subbed personally, and at the slow rate I've been taking it I am done with 2 factions at exalted, so less dailies I'll be needing to do.
    (dailies and what's below are the only two things that really annoy me, other than that i am not only content, but happy)

there are ofc ups and downs to WoW atm, one of the downs is me doing 2x overall dps on my brewmaster in random heroics
    and doing top still on my feral bear wearing mostly blues still.

but that is a problem with other people, not the game itself, I do randomly get some lovely dps coming in, a rogue that pulled 78k dps on the boss that fills you with hate...to tired atm and lazy to think of or look up name, I only did 36k on that boss, the other dps..... 16 and 24k...
    as a brewmaster... rogue doubled my damage and other ppl about halved mine...
    (and bet you if the rogue wasn't there they would of said vengeance is OP / brewmasters OP, etc... anything but admitting they need to L2play.)

things like that upset me, but as I said...its a people problem... and I am keeping myself from using explicit terms to describe those types.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

You seem to have a pretty deep hatred for people who disagree with the direction wow has taken. I have played since the near end of vanilla and while the game has made a lot of improvements there are also some pretty big changes that I don't agree with. None of which are really casual vs hardcore debate material but I find it a little odd that you are bashing others that aren't fond of the game of late. Some probably take it a bit overboard but it sounds a bit hypocritical.

Quote Originally Posted by DistortionSleep View Post
    Don't waste your time with the mods here, they let WoW bashers, and whiners run rampant on these forums. If they instant locked/deleted threads like this there would be a lot less hate from people in threads.
    While i enjoy playing wow i can understand that some people may not. They are entitled to have that opinion and ever post about it. Don't read these threads before you get an ulcer.