Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Is this the movie that all the fans of the book saying tom cruise is too short and too small to play the main protagonist?

Quote Originally Posted by salamala View Post
    Is this the movie that all the fans of the book saying tom cruise is too short and too small to play the main protagonist?
    No, that's Jack Reacher. In this he's Jack Harper... but yeah... the coincidence is strong in this one.

Looks cool, reminds me of iRobot.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't see what the problem is with Tom Cruise, this movie looks interesting. Also anyone who judge a movie by its actors aren't even worth having a discussion with atleast if its a discussion about movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    No this is not about the assassination of Uriel Septim.
    Dissapoint...

But I watched the trailer. And saw Morgan Freeman...

Not dissapoint!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post
    I think Freeman may actually be the villain from the looks of it.
    Maybe. And it looks like theres some mystery around Kurylenko's character. Anyway, i hope its more complicated than this -
    Quote Originally Posted by Naidia;
    Company is good guys in beginning, good guy is on his last mission or two, finds survivors, wants to save them, female comes along, needs to save them to win love interest, company becomes bad guys, battles battles battles, good guys win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Morgan Freeman as Mankar Camoran
    Sean Bean returns as Martin Septim
    Patrick Stewart returns as Uriel Septim
    And Tom Cruise as the Hero of Kvatch?

Oh wait . . . whaddya mean this has nothing to do with TESIV?
    Putin khuliyo

got my hopes up for an ES movie lol, but this looks interesting even if it's Tom Cruise
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

I saw the movie poster and I was like "OH!" Then I saw Tome Cruise and I was like "oh.."

Reading the title of this thread made me moist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks interesting. Now I wouldn't pay movie prices to see it but would definitely spend for pay-per-view.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    REVIVING THREAD DUE TO RELEASE OF THIS MOVIE

[SPOILERS AHEAD]

So I saw this movie yesterday and well, if I saw it 13 years ago I probably would have liked it more. It wasn't bad, the first half was well done, but the last half kind of continuously slid downhill.

It seemed to steal from Portal, Independence Day, and Moon. Probably a couple more but these 3 directly. Don't want to go into too many details and want to hear what others thought. I feel the last 15 minutes of the movie was forced. Also in the last scene... really? She just falls in love with another clone? There's probably 50 of them wandering around the earth. This might get weird.

(also, how many movies does Tom Cruize play a guy named Jack? Seems like a lot.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nario64 View Post
    REVIVING THREAD DUE TO RELEASE OF THIS MOVIE

[SPOILERS AHEAD]

So I saw this movie yesterday and well, if I saw it 13 years ago I probably would have liked it more. It wasn't bad, the first half was well done, but the last half kind of continuously slid downhill.

It seemed to steal from Portal, Independence Day, and Moon. Probably a couple more but these 3 directly. Don't want to go into too many details and want to hear what others thought. I feel the last 15 minutes of the movie was forced. Also in the last scene... really? She just falls in love with another clone? There's probably 50 of them wandering around the earth. This might get weird.

(also, how many movies does Tom Cruize play a guy named Jack? Seems like a lot.)
    Okay so I wasn't the only one who was reminded of Wheatley . . .
    Putin khuliyo

The pacing for me what got me. It would pick up speed and then come to a complete halt for really no reason. The more we talked about it afterwords the more plot holes we found. Still a visually stunning movie and I would recommend go seeing it.

I thought it was alright, not bad, not great, just alright. 7/10. Interesting concept, nice twist in there, but then a world with 1000 Tom Cruise's would be horrible.

It was interesting but to long and dry.

I actually enjoyed the movie. 7/10 I figured out that the people Cruise was working for would end up being the bad guys, they give that part away in the trailer if you think about it but the clones was an interesting twist that I didn't expect. I personally feel like the movie should have ended when they blew up the ship, that would have been perfect. The last few minutes where another clone shows up and he has a kid was a bad decision. But Americans need a happy ending and so I believe that's why it was added in unfortunately.

I didn't like it because it makes no sense that some alien species would need to steal Earths resources. The earth is a tiny speck. It doesn't ha e the resources a true interstellar alien would be interested in. Turned seawater into fusion power? No. An alien entering our star system for fuel would ignore earth and head straight for the sun. They would drain the sun dry A.D. heave it a lifeless husk and move on. They would consider humans and even earth as insignificant as ants.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Okay so I wasn't the only one who was reminded of Wheatley . . .
    Haha... When that first drone was shot outside the refugee camp and started to spin and fly around... all I could think of was:

That movie needs to be redone with a lot of Wheatley voice overs.

Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    I didn't like it because it makes no sense that some alien species would need to steal Earths resources. The earth is a tiny speck. It doesn't ha e the resources a true interstellar alien would be interested in. Turned seawater into fusion power? No. An alien entering our star system for fuel would ignore earth and head straight for the sun. They would drain the sun dry A.D. heave it a lifeless husk and move on. They would consider humans and even earth as insignificant as ants.
    Actually, considering Earth is the only planet in our solar system with water in liquid form, it makes sense to come here for it. If you watch Battle: LA they make this point in the movie. No other place in our solar system has water in a liquid state (aka a state where it can easily be gathered and used) so really it does make sense for an alien civilization to come here if they need water for anything.