Laptop Halp! Cannot decide!

Hi Guys, im in the market for a new laptop. Its primarily going to be used for music software (mostly ableton live), graphic programs like photoshop and dreamweaver and world of warcraft. Maybe a few FPS's.

I'd like nothing bigger then a 15", as i want portability in mind, and lightweight would be a nice option, for flights etc. I'm in australia, so models can vary country to county, but the 2 im looking at is.

HP ENVY Ultrabook 6-1111tx (C8B53PA) $1009.00
    http://www8.hp.com/au/en/products/la...ml?oid=5321825
    15.6in HD display, Intel Core i5-3317U 1.70 GHz, 8GB 1333Mhz DDR3, 32GB mSATA + 500GB 5400RPM HDD, AMD Radeon HD7670M 2GB dedicated RAM

or

Samsung NP550P5C-S09AU Series 5 Notebook $1209.00
    http://www.scorptec.com.au/computer/...np550p5c-s09au
    Intel Core i7-3630QM, 8GB, 1TB, 15.6" LED, GT650M-2GB, DVDRW, WiFi, GLan, BT, 6-Cell, 2.5Kg,Windows 8 64Bit

Obviously the Samsung has slightly better features, but i like the slimline design, newer approach of ultrabooks and battery life of the HP envy. Would the HP envy run WoW quite well? on decent graphic settings? Or would i notice quite a difference with the samsung's slightly better 650m + better cpu? Its not my main computer by all means, its for when i travel, but still want to run wow well for raids and pvp.

Any opinions/feedback would be greatly appreciated, would like to order one tonight or tomorrow!

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You wont need the hyperthreading of the I7 so I would go with the ultrabook.

Deleted
    you can get better check out ASUS alternatives, got any sites we can check out?
    also for mobility i would recommend 13" screen and get a 1080p (no reason to get a laptop with a bad screen)

Deleted
    Get the samsung out of those two.
    The cpu is miles ahead on the samsung compared to the HP one.

Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    You wont need the hyperthreading of the I7 so I would go with the ultrabook.
    Unlike desktops, both i5 and i7 laptop CPUs have HT. For laptops, i5 is dual core and i7 is quad core. Desktop CPU patterns don't apply.

Moreover, the 3630QM is clocked at 2.4 Ghz where as the i5-3317U is clocked at 1.7 Ghz. Pretty significant difference.

Not all mobile i7s are quad core.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stalkerzzzz View Post
    Not all mobile i7s are quad core.
    indeed got a dual core i7 in my ultrabook 3517U to be exact.
    also big clock differance is because you are comparing a QM (quad mobile) to a U(ultra low voltage) chip.